Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: yes indeed gear is too stupid easy to get nowdays.

Oh yeah, cause we all see casuals and bad players fully decked out in ilvl 277 gear everywhere now. :

245 is the new 200. Welcome to mudflation. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Davinfelth
    since gear is so easy now, im assuming every single 80 can clear ToGC like its nothing right?

who cares if gear is easy, its not even changing the content people are doing. All it is doing is killing old content like naxx, maly and OS. Who really wants to go spend more time in those places anyway? Plus we do always have the weekly raid to keep us going back to them every now and then.

Point being, gear IS indeed easy, but why does that matter? Only thing its done as far as ive noticed is make pugs slightly less fail. It hasn't made end game content some how magically less fun for me because some random people suddenly have good gear.
    Gear is still too hard, i heard that with cataclysm there'll be just a chest in the middle of the room with every drop inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelgo
    Other people's virtual worth devalues my virtual worth, why have fun when I can be "cool"
    You hit the nail on the head right there friend-o. It's exactly this way of thinking that fuels the casual vs hardcore tardfests that the community is increasingly plagued by nowadays.

sadly with gear being so easy, a lot of people still expect others to gear them out.

Newsflash: Some people are bad, and it isn't even any news since it's been like that since day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    Oh, and hunters with spell power are legendary anyhow.
    Hunter with spellpower are epic :P http://www.wowhead.com/?itemset=509

a bad player will allways be a bad player.. even if he have full t10.. i like the new system because now i can gear my alts and get pretty good off-spec gear for my main

Quote Originally Posted by zalz
    Tons of people that are good enough to raid couldn't in TBC.
    Not really... If you really WANTED to raid in TBC, you could do it without a problem, also as a casual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen
    In TBC Casual's had their raids, and Hardcores had thiers.
    Casuals could progress in Kara, Mag, Gruul and some might have gotten to SCC and TK.
    The hardcores had BT and Sunwell. But don't forget! Alot of hardcores claims Kara to be the best raid instance in the game ever made, so why you wanna go BT?
    "Casuals had their raids, Hardcores had thiers, just because they are harder, it must not mean they are more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Anwi
    Not really... If you really WANTED to raid in TBC, you could do it without a problem, also as a casual.
    If you wanted to raid in TBC you could, you just couldn't do SSC, TK, Hyjal or BT unless you happened to be in a guild that was progressing past Kara and Gruuls. :P

But if someone wants to do some 25man progress and looks for a straight kara-guild then he is doing something wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen
    In TBC Casual's had their raids, and Hardcores had thiers.
    Casuals could progress in Kara, Mag, Gruul and some might have gotten to SCC and TK.
    The hardcores had BT and Sunwell. But don't forget! Alot of hardcores claims Kara to be the best raid instance in the game ever made, so why you wanna go BT?
    "Casuals had their raids, Hardcores had thiers, just because they are harder, it must not mean they are more fun.

Same thread, different day.

Also, when was it ever hard to get gear? I seem to remember the BoJ gear being a hell of a lot better than the crap we can buy with Triumph.

I still don't get why people are so upset about this. Other people getting gear only effects you in a few ways and neither are bad. They allow you to replace players in your raid more easily, be it replacing bad players or players who quit raiding. So what's the problem with this? Unless you're in a high end guild it actually helps your guild, otherwise it doesn't effect you in any way. So what if someone who sucks has good gear, possibly better gear than you, it shouldn't really effect you in any way unless your raid spot is in jeopardy due to you not being as good as someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by drulz
    Also, when was it ever hard to get gear? I seem to remember the BoJ gear being a hell of a lot better than the crap we can buy with Triumph.
    When we were in vanilla, and epics were OMGWTF awesome stuff. And people raiding ZG and MC would be farming 5 mans for blue set pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    I still don't get why people are so upset about this. Other people getting gear only effects you in a few ways and neither are bad. They allow you to replace players in your raid more easily, be it replacing bad players or players who quit raiding. So what's the problem with this? Unless you're in a high end guild it actually helps your guild, otherwise it doesn't effect you in any way. So what if someone who sucks has good gear, possibly better gear than you, it shouldn't really effect you in any way unless your raid spot is in jeopardy due to you not being as good as someone else.
    I don't get it either, it's just pathetic. OMG THAT GUY HAS GOOD GEAR AND IT WAS SO EASY TO GET IT! Seriously who cares, jealous pricks.

People now get virtually free 232 gear. This is not the gear I spent months grinding for. The day they can get free 258 gear is the day I'll be bitter. Until then, the scrubs are sitting there with the gear I spent my badges on MONTHS ago and then replaced quickly several times over.

If they think they're special, then lawl.

I am so glad that everyone can access decent gear in 1-2 weeks of grinding. (get both pvp/pve gear). That leaves the rest of the time of the current patch frame to actually play the game and kill one another with pretty much matching to equal gear. I like this because it allows the really good players to stand out amongst the rest of the players in the same gear and it also keeps order in the force young obi one. Thank you blizz for making it rain epics and allowing me to broadcast my skillz on a whole other level. I am not only camping your corpse now, but your in the same gear as me which makes it more sad. woot woot

My proposal is that they should make a new item level/color = Yellow!

So:

White = Common 'trash' items
    Yellow = Will replace greens as 'Uncommon' quality items
    Green = Will replace blues as 'Rare' quality items
    Blue = Will be some sort of 'Super Rare' quality items, a step ahead of blues but just below purples
    Purple = Will remain as 'Epic' quality items, but would have much lower drop rates or on hard modes only
    Orange = Will remain as 'Legendary' quality items, being above and beyond epics (Shadowmourne, etc.)

This would make Purples that much more desirable and not just handed out freely.
    For instance, dungeon bosses, upon kill, would drop Green quality items, and the final boss on that dungeon would drop Blue quality items.
    On raids, the 'weaker' bosses would all drop Blue quality items, and the final boss on that particular quarter (e.g. Deathbringer Saurfang) would drop only one Purple and the rest blues. If he is killed in some sort of Hard Mode, he will instead drop ALL purples.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zeromus
    this is all true, for christ sakes my rogue just hit 80 2 ago and i was able to buy 4/5 shitty t9 5 hours after i dinged, you freakin get badges for random heroics at 70-79. this makes me a sad panda.
    What you said:

I got gear. It was cool. I am sad.

15+ Year Old Account

Sooo, in BC when the Badge gear that was T6 quality (One tier behind progression) Is soo much different?

Well, I guess it was, considering 232 is a tier and a half, instead of only a tier behind.

Edit: Wrong button, didnt mean to qoute ><

Deleted

MY ALT WAS IN FULL 285 GEAR ONLY 2 DAYS PLAYED ON 80!~!!!!

245 is NOT the same, idiots.