Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: "Soul shards will regenerate quickly upon leaving combat"

sooooo you want PoM+pyro every 10 sec?
    i hope blizz will nerf it asap

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by SensenmanN
    I agree with the part about it being pointless to boost your DPS by getting 1 more insta soulfire. The main use I can see is the ability to instant another pet out if the enemy gives you 10 seconds out of combat.

Think about it, one of my main complaints about lock ATM is that almost every melee team's strat is simply 'train the pet'. There is a bit of timing involved by smart teams, but most just sit on it 24/7 because it's simply easier to kill and a lock with no pet is a dead lock.
    Having the ability to get a pet back fairly easy if the other team lets themselves get controlled for 10 seconds / is retarded enough to leave you alone for 10 seconds, would be a very big improvement. (I'd still rather see more pet hp/resil or soul link not requiring a pet)
    ye but this already exists. if you have 10 secs you can summon a pet, even in combat. if you're demo you can do it in a gcd.

Quote Originally Posted by ratskinmahoney
    ye but this already exists. if you have 10 secs you can summon a pet, even in combat. if you're demo you can do it in a gcd.
    True.

soulburn has no CD ???

You would probably not spam them all or you would spam them all and have other spells to use during the cd time. he related it more to a mages/evocation than dk runes and mages dont run out of combat to regen more mana while they evocate.

Not to mention once your in combat with a boss its permanent until one of you is dead

1. Soul burn got a 30sec cd
    2. I think its pretty silly discussing stuff that had not even been alpha tested. Everything is changed atleast abit in alpha in in beta its kicked around 30-40 times and end up as something diffrent.
    3. If you as a lock is allowed to stay away from danger in 11 sec then you got to be playing another game then most of us.

In the end NO its not going to be viable since everybody is going to have 50k health and do 10k nukes so it would be alot more effective to just stay on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinni
    pet + attack = combat.

oooooooooooooo wait.

Do you play a pet class? If you send your pet in while you're out of combat, unless you're right next to the person, you stay out of combat.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

please point out where the finalized version of the new soulshard system that hasn't been more than hinted at can be found.

cause untill they have that we don't know how soul fire, shadow burn, summoning, etc will work untill then. All i've seen is them saying what could happen..
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by Crazhr
    2. I think its pretty silly discussing stuff that had not even been alpha tested. Everything is changed atleast abit in alpha in in beta its kicked around 30-40 times and end up as something diffrent.
    True, I'm fairly sure Blizzard would add something like Soul Shards not regenerating in Arena unless by the new Drain Soul spell. Cataclysm appears to be changing more mechanics than before and I would not be surprised if we saw some similar changes on other classes too. Are hunters going to get a huge bonus to Focus when they hit level 50 and get Steady Shot or will they get Steady Shot much sooner? What if Mage stones changed to there being Ruby, Sapphire and Diamond at all ranks but after using Ruby your Fire spells get boosted for 10s, Sapphire does Frost and Diamond does Arcane? It would then mean a Fire mage would have something to gain by using some Frost spells at times and thus using a greater number of spells. Is this going to happen? We don't know, Blizzard have given us information on the big class changes to Warlocks and Hunters, I expect some more big changes to other classes before it gets launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor
    You do realize blizz is going to nerf all of our spells, to compensate for this, right? As it stands right now, we are a constant dps class. Over all, our damage curve is fairly flat, because we have no cool downs. To compensate for the lack of cool downs, all of our spells hit harder, then say a mage without popping their cool downs.

So in reality, they are making locks play more like mages.

speculation before even the alpha is useful!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SensenmanN
    Like I said, smart use. You can pull it back, tell it to stop a second later, then after the (lets just say 5 for argument's sake) 5 seconds it takes to regen a shard, send the pet back on the person. It's very unlikely most healers will see what you are doing instantly and realize they should stop doing things to keep them in combat (healing their partner?) and try and get a drink in. Also if it does only take 5 seconds to get a shard, 5 seconds of drinking is almost no mana.

I'm talking about pvp. And with a teleport placed in a good spot and a helpful partner it is very possible, and rather easy... Hammer from your pally, fear from your priest, roots / cyclone from your druid, earthbind from your sham.
    Better question is: Is all that worth an instant Soulfire or 3 searing pain crits?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor
    As opposed to just casting Soul Fire. Which would take 4 seconds less. And I am pretty sure if you are in combat doing no damage for 10 seconds while running to get out of combat would be more damage lost than you would gain from the Soul Fire.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.