Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: 3.3, Titles, and no love for collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen
    If you want to complain about something, make it worth while.

For example, I think the chopper should have a 20% speed increase or something. The effort and money it takes to make one of those things, for a standard 100% mount isnt worth it. Alot of people complain about it, wanting it easier to obtain, but I think the price is fine it actually makes it kinda rare (Except in Lagaran). But damn, need to make it faster!
    It already has a major difference from normal mounts, it can hold a passenger.

Re: 3.3, Titles, and Outrage

Quote Originally Posted by Taedran
    . It's about vanity. It's not about the size of my e-peen,

wait wat?

Ummm i collect gold

where is my extra free gold?

I also collect epics

waaaaaaaaaa where is my new sowrd?!??!!????!

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen
    THIS IS AN OUTRAGE.

Actually, It's the biggest load of bollocks I've seen all day. Seriously who gives a flying shit. Achievments mean nothing.
    thats just stupid...

saying "why do you care about something you care about when i dont?"
    it has nothing to do with people who dont care, you mean nothing in this arguement. its about the people who DO care about it wanting to show that they do, without having "I LIKE TITLES" macrod onto every ability
    I'ts not just safe, it's 40% safe.

Here's an idea...if you LOVE titles so much then show your love for them by manually clicking on one. I mean really, do you sit there with an IV in your arm because you're too lazy to eat as well? I LOVE to poop, but why should I have to use a toilet? Toilets are fucking op and need a nerf.

I'm extremely glad to hear that they restricted the use of modifications that constantly swap your used title.

oi,

whats the bone you want to pick up with the healers?

I used to have 18 titles and was encouraged to get one if it was possible without much circumstances.
    After the factionchange, only 9 were left so I didn't care anymore.
    nachtticket.blogspot.com
    music blog, mainly (black) metal
    last.fm/user/veash

Quote Originally Posted by serif
    i collect golds, can i get some gold for having so much gold? you know, something to allow me to really show my love of golds?!
    You can't buy things with titles.

Deleted

I only have a few titles on my characters each so it's not a problem for me, but I understand your viewpoint and I don't know why other people aren't seeing it too. I would post on the proper forum but I'm on a different region. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Aswed
    What i would love to happen with titles is you can use 2 titles, 1 infront of your name and an other behind it like: Crusader Nostradamuss of the Nightfall
    Was about to write it myself when I came to the third page and saw this.

Twilight Vanquisher Máyhèm of the Nightfall.....

droool

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight
    It is a curious omission, I do think title collecting needs some love, if you personally don't care for such things, thats fine. No one is forcing you to collect anything, but you should understand that there are people who do enjoy this sort of thing.

I think the title "of Many Names" is pretty cool, gives the idea of a sort of legendary hero who has claimed many accolades and titles to go with it. This is kinda fitting for some of the longer played characters, my Paladin has been personally involved in the defeat of most of Azeroth's villains, which in his own little world makes him a legendary hero!

Gold collecting is another thing, I myself was working on gold cap at one point, falling about 10k short before this very website crashed the glyph market, i've since spent about half! However someone has made the sensible point that this sort of thing will make you more vulnerable to hacking so I suppose we might want to leave that one out.

TLR: I think there should be rewards, the naysayers who don't collect stuff should know that this sort of thing doesn't adversely affect their playing experience in any way, so they should just lighten up.
    Thanks bro, you're getting what I'm going for. But yeah, seriously, everyone who's saying this is a dumb idea... how does it hurt them? And everyone who's saying I'm asking for too much. Well, why do pet, mount, and tabard collectors get their collections, but not us?

What i would love to happen with titles is you can use 2 titles, 1 infront of your name and an other behind it like: Crusader Nostradamuss of the Nightfall
    While I personally would LOVE this idea... think about what people would be seeing

Twilight Vanquisher Taedran, Champion of the Frozen Wastes.

That's a VERY long name, haha. People would QQ about how long it is.
    What are the three things a wise man fears?

The deep of the sea, a moonless night, and the wrath of a patient man.

If you want to complain about something, make it worth while.

For example, I think the chopper should have a 20% speed increase or something. The effort and money it takes to make one of those things, for a standard 100% mount isnt worth it. Alot of people complain about it, wanting it easier to obtain, but I think the price is fine it actually makes it kinda rare (Except in Lagaran). But damn, need to make it faster!
    I'm complaining about something that isn't game breaking, would be easy to implement, doesn't hurt anyone, and would make title collectors everywhere very happy.

Your suggestion, "something worth while" is very game breaking. and while I, as an Engineer who can make these Choppers would love it, because the prices would skyrocket, it is a very stupid idea.

Mine would be Grand Crusader Twilight Vanquisher Obsidian Slayer Starcaller Magic Seeker Mashimaru of the Nightfall, Champion of Ulduar, Hand of A'dal and Guardian of Cenarius.

You could see my character name from space.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

At one point, when Champion of the Naaru became available to the TK/SSC attuners, it was believed that you could have your PvP rank before your name and the new title after. One person I met some years ago, forget their name now...think I was on Khadgar at the time...they said that their title would be "Lieutenant Commander <name>, Champion of the Naaru", and their name used the max amount of characters, leading them to wonder if that qualified for having the longest name in WoW.

And in my case, if all stacked, mine would be, in no particular order...*takes a deep breath*

Elder Loremaster Merrymaker Brewmaster Stone Guard Ambassador Ketiron Jenkins the Explorer, the Hallowed Champion of the Frozen Wastes, the Seeker of the Shattered Sun and the Argent Champion.

...I have too many titles starting with "the". And yes, I realize I don't have the "cool" ones (Nightfall, Starcaller, etc.)...I'm workin' on it, dammit, lol. If I had stuck with Saavedro, it would have been...*another deep breath*

Elder Loremaster Merrymaker Brewmaster Knight Crusader Ambassador Saavedro Jenkins of the Shattered Sun, the Argent Champion of Stormwind, the Explorer of Ironforge, the Hallowed of the Exodar, the Seeker of the Darnassus, Champion of the Frozen Wastes of Gnomeregan.
    Originally Posted by Fargo (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The primordial soup that creates heroes never tastes of rainbows -- it’s a lumpy gumbo of suffering and evil.

Though the man meant only two titles... one prefix and one suffix...

I would be....

Knight-Captain Merrymaker Elder Challenger Justicar Flame Warden Chef Twilight Vanquisher Loremaster Brewmaster Patron Crusader Taedran, Champion of the Naaru of the Shattered Sun, Hand of A'dal the Seeker the Explorer of Gnomeregan of Ironforge of Stormwind of Darnassus of the Exodar the Hallowed of the Alliance Champion of the Frozen Wastes the Argent Champion the Love Fool of the Nightfall the Pilgrim the Patient.

The reason why titles don't have any love, is because the titles are rewards for achievements. You want a reward for acquiring specific achievements, that's what metas that already exist are for. Titles are meant to specialize certain achievements, and they do just that... title hunter? You're just an achievement whore who is picky about his achievements.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Due to the sheer OPness, bliz has disabled the ability to cycle through titles.
    They needed a nerf. We all knew it was coming.
    /sarcasm off

All for achieves.
    Or a title from getting said number of titles!

[Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black]

10+ Year Old Account

i was going to suggest this but you beat me to it. i think there would be some nice combinations out there for this.

besides that i like collecting Mounts, Pets, Tabards and Titles. i do it because i think its fun. i like the adventure in earning these things. if that is wierd to some people whatever its my $15 (actually $30 because i pay for my wifes acct.)

i know some people are like "hey! i dont care about that, vanity stuff is stupid!"
    these are my favorite kind of players because when im working on collecting something, they are out of my way

when it comes down to it everything in the game will go away. im just having fun.

I've always wondered why there isn't an achievement for collecting the transformative trinkets like the frenzyheart brew, ironboot flask, etc.