Shadowpriest Racials

Hello there!

I've just finished writing up a post on my blog about the various racial abilities available to us and how they apply to a Shadowpriest. Although I'm a firm believer that you should not pick a character on racial abilities alone, I think this post may be useful to some players. If this interests you and you have the time to read it, please go to the following link:

http://brattgaming.blogspot.com/2010...t-racials.html

I would love it if you guys could explain which race you think is the best for a Shadowpriest in either a PvE or PvP situation and feel free to disagree with my own opinions.

I'm very new to the world of blogging so I apologize if my writing style needs some improvement.

Thanks for your time

Chris

Re: Shadowpriest Racials

Pure PvE Min Maxing:
    Alliance - Draenai
    Horde - Troll

PvP
    Alliance - Human
    Horde - Undead or Belf
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

what makes dreanei best for alliance i think the 1% hit is useless considering all the hit on icc gear whereas the spirit buff for human continues to scale as we get more and better gear

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtail
    what makes dreanei best for alliance i think the 1% hit is useless considering all the hit on icc gear whereas the spirit buff for human continues to scale as we get more and better gear
    1% hit aura means you have 32.79 stat budget free for other good stats while 3% SPI only gives a slight amount of SP and regen. The 1% hit is way better in this case.

Both Human and Draenai are good and you really won't notice the difference in DPS, it is just that the Draenai are easier to gear around/for.

If your guild has alot of draeneis then go human, if not then go FEMALE draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    Both Human and Draenai are good and you really won't notice the difference in DPS, it is just that the Draenai are easier to gear around/for.
    Completely agree, I think people can base too much opinion on the racials alone.

If you want to play a dwarf female priest, then play it. Just don't expect people to understand.....

Racials don't really matter that much for PvE, since it's more situational. Human, Draenei, BE, Troll are all okay choices.

It's a bit more clearcut in PvP. Human/UD (even with the nerf)

early in the xpac i loved the extra hit from being a goat but now since we have hit falling ou of our asses in ICC i swapped to human to help a bit more with pvp and it suits me just fine since im well over the hit cap anyhow

Alliance PVP: Dwarf or Human.
    Alliance PVE: Draenei or Human.

Dwarf in PVP is for poison removal and is the best choice for RMP mirrors and... nothing else, basically. Human is great due to... yeah, everyone knows. Draenei in PVP because come on, Alliance really needs to be able to gear for 1% hit all around...right? :-\

Horde PVP: Blood Elf or Troll.
    Horde PVE: Troll or Blood Elf.

Undead is dead. Blood Elf offers the silence and mana returns off the GCD. Troll offers haste and for PVE has the top DPS of any race now that haste is awesome as Shadow. Blood Elf works in PVE especially if you heal occasionally as they have the best healing racial in game via mana returns.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Alliance PVP: Dwarf or Human.
    Alliance PVE: Draenei or Human.

Dwarf in PVP is for poison removal and is the best choice for RMP mirrors and... nothing else, basically. Human is great due to... yeah, everyone knows. Draenei in PVP because come on, Alliance really needs to be able to gear for 1% hit all around...right? :-\

Horde PVP: Blood Elf or Troll.
    Horde PVE: Troll or Blood Elf.

Undead is dead. Blood Elf offers the silence and mana returns off the GCD. Troll offers haste and for PVE has the top DPS of any race now that haste is awesome as Shadow. Blood Elf works in PVE especially if you heal occasionally as they have the best healing racial in game via mana returns.
    I guess that's why most of the top RMPs are still UD right? >_>

Stoneform is also shit. 80% sure it's on GCD, and even if it isn't the poison's reapplied anyways.

They're still Undead because they can't be bothered to race change. There's no reason to be Undead right now unless you don't have money to change, or only care about your characters appearance and happen to like Undead. :P

Human is definitely the best race for priest pve / pvp at alliance side, but - do not misjudge the dwarf! :>

If you were having the task to mind control the adds when attempting thorim hard mode (when it was actually hard) then you'd love to have that 2% miss chance for frost spells :>

Also, dwarf priests have two means to drop "aggro" when facing faction champions - stoneform will make them stop focusing you (due to armor increase).

There might be some more applications, but in pvp stoneform is really shit compared to what it used to be. I still remember days when Blind was a bleed effect at when rogues would curse when they met a dwarf priest / dwarf rogue combo.