Report Player AFK System

It needs to be fixed.

I have no idea how many times I have been guarding a tower or bunker in AV, and get reported AFK, not realize until the bunker has capped, and not be able to find an Ally to smack before I get booted. Hell, it's happened after spawning at a graveyard, and I wasn't able to find an ally in time.

There should be some sort of Captcha thing you can use to prove you are at your computer.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Report Player AFK System

It's called moving. You should try it some time.

Author of ALL THE THINGS - Collections addon for Completionists

Quote Originally Posted by Imoldgregg
    It's called moving. You should try it some time.
    Protip: Moving doesn't get rid of the debuff.

don't just stay in one location.. try to move or patrol, in this case you will not be reported. :P
    ---
    wow strategy guide
    Make your gaming experience a lot better!
    wow strategy guide

Yea its completely wack. was standing still for 5seconds after respawn at frostwolf hut and didnt manage to find an ally within 1 minute x.x.

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurEdwards
    don't just stay in one location.. try to move or patrol, in this case you will not be reported. :P
    ---
    wow strategy guide
    That's just it. He was guarding a node, you can't leave that place for any real amount of time without some random rogue or druid ninja'ing that shit. 8(
    Why do so many people type like they learned to spell at Chick-Fil-A?

Quote Originally Posted by Zakian
    This is the work of serious and hairy chested lumberjack mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor
    Yea its completely wack. was standing still for 5seconds after respawn at frostwolf hut and didnt manage to find an ally within 1 minute x.x.
    This is exactly what happened before I made this thread.

I had the full thirty seconds for rez so I watched TV, and didn't realize I had rezzed for maybe ten seconds. Couldn't find anyone to smack.

Usually it happens while guarding a bunker, or even a node or the flagroom is WSG, but it's a bit easier to get into combat during the time limit in those BG's.

Whats even better is that when you do report a true AFK person they don't get kicked soon enough. this happens a lot in EoS and WG. they need to modify the system to detect where the person is. if they are at the starting point for more then 2 minutes boot them.

Talking in BG chat helps alleviate that a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazara
    Talking in BG chat helps alleviate that a lot.
    Not really. Most of this is completely intentional. They are abusing the report system by reporting people defending.

I have been in a xRealms AV Premade where almost all of the defense was booted from the game because someone reported all of them. They were told to stay put down there, and offense was doing an amazing job at pushing ally north.

This isn't the way it always happens, but it's just an example of one way it can go terribly wrong.

sometimes i join wsg, enemy horde has 2 flags, we alliance, have 0. i look at the map. every single alliance player is gathered in the middle, getting their killing blows.

I run to get the flag with mountspeed aura. then run back with the flag. on the way i see about 5-7 horde running towards me, wanting to kill me. once everyone is in my range I bubble, then i jump for 10 seconds, then i do a /afk and grab somethign to eat.

it's really hilarious and pointless, sorry i had to share this with you in this thread, but I couldn't find any other threads for this, i do this every couple of days because alliance is so retarded on my realmpool

lol quit defending =) in my BG they rush vandarr but i really want the HK's and KB's of field of strife so 5-10 people kept voting me and the 2 healers ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke
    sometimes i join wsg, enemy horde has 2 flags, we alliance, have 0. i look at the map. every single alliance player is gathered in the middle, getting their killing blows.

I run to get the flag with mountspeed aura. then run back with the flag. on the way i see about 5-7 horde running towards me, wanting to kill me. once everyone is in my range I bubble, then i jump for 10 seconds, then i do a /afk and grab somethign to eat.

it's really hilarious and pointless, sorry i had to share this with you in this thread, but I couldn't find any other threads for this, i do this every couple of days because alliance is so retarded on my realmpool
    you must be playing on Reckoning, as i do tent to do the same thing with my priest )
    -Made by cazy