Ret pvp gemming.

On tuesday I will be getting my furious chest and head piece. I'm bracing for this painstakingly expensive gemming and enchanting process that Ill have to go through yet again. I want to make sure that I do it right. On my ret pve set Im usually gemming pure str with a 10str and 10crit in some sockets. Should I be sticking to pure str on pve gear since pvp gear already gives a buttload of crit.? Suggestions please

PVP subforum, where 1500 rated players can voice there opinions
    -Ex ret paladin

Re: Ret pvp gemming.

expertise and hit gems.

In pvp gear?

-Ex ret paladin

Gem for Str, with 2 str/stam gems to activate the 21crit/3% crit dmg meta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgo
    oh def pie. Who the fuck likes cake more than pie? Ill tell you who. Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillun
    Gem for Str, with 2 str/stam gems to activate the 21crit/3% crit dmg meta.
    ^

what you need for pvp as retri, in furious gear.

164 hit rating (cap)
    gem purely for str, 2 gems with stam/str to activate 21crit/3%crit damage as said by above.
    i run selfbuffed with 5,2k attackpower and 30% crit 170hit rating in pvp. if you find pve offset + one onset (head,chest,legs,shoulders or hands) with expertice it's very handy but not priorited above Str. In 3v3 you dont really need more than 6-700 resi, in furious. you will get more resi from relentless set.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Thanks a bunch Guys. I will deff be making some changes this coming tuesday including a spec. All this information is greatly appreciated by someone like me.

edit: Taking into consideration with what you guys said. I plan on using the t9 legs with the 245 triumph ring. Will get me some more ap and i should have enough resi with my new gear.

-Ex ret paladin

Hate to do the double post, but what meta do you reccomend?

-Ex ret paladin

Dont pick the chaos one. It depends what you want to do really. 30 stamina wont do any good in 3s and 2s when you have all the relentless of pieces and are running with t1 weapons and full relentless

Use the relentless meta instead and fill your sockets with bold cardinal rubies and 1 nightmare tear. As your gear gets better, you can if you want use +10 str/+10 to even out your stats.

Looking at how the situation for ret is in atleast 2s and 3s you need as much raw power as possible because at higher ratings, you'll most likely figth a mana war, atleast in 2s if you're running with a healer. Something you can do very well with replenishment and sov, your stubstained damage will be very high.

This coming from one of the few successful Ret's, It's been proven many times that using the relentless meta and 1 nightmare tear is superior. NMT goes in legs to activate a 6 strength bonus, everywhere else is all bold cardinal ruby's.