View Poll Results: What is the easiest healing class to play?

Voters
273. This poll is closed
  • Paladin

112 41.03%
  • Priest

25 9.16%
  • Druid

77 28.21%
  • Shaman

59 21.61%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Easiest healing class

Quote Originally Posted by anathema
    Discipline priest. That's all I should have to say.
    No. "Preventive healing" is unique healing style to the other 4 healing specs, but not the hardest. Your PW:S can attach on a target for half a min, so you aint necessarily a mathematician to pre-heal with it :P

Quote Originally Posted by jekk
    Paladins: Holy Light

Druids: Wild Growth, Rejuvenation, Swiftmend

Shamans: Earth Shield, Riptide, Chain Heal

Priests: PWS, Penance

Don't lie about what you use. This is the correct list. (Holy priests might as well dps since they're just really bad druids)
    "my correct list". And you are a bad healer. FH is the 2nd most used spell for disc priest. A healadin cant HL the whole fight.

If you want to make a real list, paladins actually come out on top.

Paladins: Holy Light, Flash of Light, Holy Shock, Sacred Shield, Beacon of Light, Judgement, Divine Sacrifice, Aura Mastery, Hand of Sacrifice, Bubble, Hand of Freedom, Hand of Salvation, Hand of Protection, Divine Illumination, Divine Plea, Righteous Fury, not even mentioning situational things like consecration/divine protection/etc.

Druids: Wild Growth, Rejuvenation, Regrowth, Lifebloom, Nourish, Swiftmend, Healing Touch, Tranquility, Nature's Swiftness

Shamans: Earth Shield, Lesser Healing Wave, Riptide, Chain Heal, Healing Wave, Nature's Swiftness, Tidal Force, Totems

Priests: Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Renew, PWS, Prayer of Mending, Prayer of Healing, Penance/CoH, Binding Heal, Power Infusion/Light well, Pain Supression/Guardian Spirit, Desperate Prayer, Divine Hymn, Hymn of Hope, Shadow fiend

But yeah, a paladin can Holy Light all fight. A druid will 90% use Wild Growth or Rejuv. Shamans either spam chain heal or lesser healing wave, depending on their duty. Priests spam PWS and penance, throw in flash heal if you're tank healing for some reason (Hint: recruit a pally). So yeah, that's the correct list.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

How come ppl are using "more spells" as an arguement, that's just stupid and it shows alot about how good you are. Having more spells and tools makes it easier to heal.

As a shaman in tbc it was hard to heal in fights where you had to spread out and chainheal couldn't be used. And as a paladin it was hard to heal on aoe fights. In lich king tho, all healers got more tools which have made all healers easier. The question is what healing style do you like? I like pressing more buttons so i wouldn't want a paladin, but i'm not saying they are easier.

In PvP however, it's a different story because your role as a healer depends very much on what class you play. I'd say priests and shamans are alot harder then druids and paladins here since we have to be both offensive and defensive to be succesful. As a shaman in pvp you gotta shock, manage your totems and assist with purge and dps, while a druid can just stay back and heal and don't have to think as much about avoiding cc.

Choose the healer that you like the most and go for it. But if you're into pvp then choose more carefully.

Melon: Lets not drag this thread into "what s the hardest" or "which class has most spell to use", since my reply was for Hydro's only.

About the disco heal, I dont know if you are a bad healer or the disc priest in your raid is, but FH always is the 2ndmost used spell for even a shielding priest, as penance, PW:S, PoM all have their CD, so you cant pull out enough HPS without FH.

Pally obviously has the most buffs/abilities. It was originally the buffing/support class for Vanilla and TBC.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Paladins: Holy Light

Druids: Wild Growth, Rejuvenation, Swiftmend

Shamans: Earth Shield, Riptide, Chain Heal, Lesser Healing Wave

Priests: PWS, Penance

Don't lie about what you use. This is the correct list. (Holy priests might as well dps since they're just really bad druids)
    Fixed shaman for you.

And to alla the people who thinks shamans only spam chain heal I can tell you this, that shaman would be/is very bad.

From a practical standpoint Druids tend to have the most ongoing setup work to do, though it's hardly complicated. Swiftmend requires hotting and Nourish (which is seeing increasing use in abruptly bursty situations) benefits a great deal from a full stack of hots.

But here's how it tends to work out:

Pallies have the easiest time healing two targets that are simultaneously taking big damage.
    Shammies have the easiest time healing sudden bursts of raid damage on a limited number of raiders.
    Druids have the easiest time healing ongoing gradual damage to larger numbers of raiders.
    Disc Priests (seeing as Holy is no longer in favor) can easily prevent ridiculous amounts of damage laying on shields the way a Druid blankets with Rejuv.

So each class has their particular strengths. Each has it easier than the others depending on the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas
    Melon: Lets not drag this thread into "what s the hardest" or "which class has most spell to use", since my reply was for Hydro's only.

About the disco heal, I dont know if you are a bad healer or the disc priest in your raid is, but FH always is the 2ndmost used spell for even a shielding priest, as penance, PW:S, PoM all have their CD, so you cant pull out enough HPS without FH.

Pally obviously has the most buffs/abilities. It was originally the buffing/support class for Vanilla and TBC.
    Yeah, I stand by my original "pally" answer, as you'll always be tank healing 1-2 targets, with 1-3 spells. The rest just separates the good from the dime a dozen.

Since when does PW:S have a cooldown? Did you forget to spec into Soul Warding?

Flash heal use would depend on the encounter. A big chunk of encounters you would be better off shielding other targets likely to take damage while another healer tops everyone off (OMG YOU'LL LOOK BAD ON METERS) while others, Saurfang for example, you're going to be flash healing all the time...Since there's nothing else to do and you're tank healing for the most part. (Wait, didn't I say flash heal would be used while tank healing? Well golly, looks like I was right.)

Quote Originally Posted by Naliiz
    Fixed shaman for you.

And to alla the people who thinks shamans only spam chain heal I can tell you this, that shaman would be/is very bad.
    Eh I had a hard time picking between LHW and CH. Depending on what you're doing, you're going to use one way more than the other.

Hell, druids use nourish a decent amount. They really shouldn't, but they just sit around half the time with nothing to do.

Back on topic, I'd actually say druids and disc priests are the hardest healing classes, as they are both proactive and not reactive.

Quote Originally Posted by simbuk
    From a practical standpoint Druids tend to have the most ongoing setup work to do, though it's hardly complicated. Swiftmend requires hotting and Nourish (which is seeing increasing use in abruptly bursty situations) benefits a great deal from a full stack of hots.
    Nourish doesn't benefit from additional hots beyond the first, unless you're in t7, or you have the very unpopular glyph.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

paladin?
    ummm
    Beacon
    Sacred Shield - Flash of Light
    Holy Shock (meh)
    Holy Light
    amirite?

Since when does PW:S have a cooldown? Did you forget to spec into Soul Warding?
    Its an artificial CD, since you obviously cant shield the same target for another 18s, nor your fellow priest. Disc priest looks really bad on meter since your GCDs are spent on shield instead of actual heals, but on most encounter a disc priest pull out 2k HPS. It should be much higher if he s assigned to tank healing.

If you really look into public combatlogs of fights that include a disc priest, you d be suprised with the amount of FH they use.

For saurfang, my 1st priority is actually shielding every single target with blood boil debuffs, then spam on them with overhealed FH to hope for the crit heal. Guess why?

There is no such thing as an 'easiest healing class'. There is such a thing as a healer being able to hand situations easier then other classes though.

I have a level 80 priest (disc) paladin (tank) druid (resto) and shaman (resto). For most fights I'd pick the druid and shaman any day. Not because they're easier, but because they have different tools. For Sarth 3d (back when it was hard) I'd heal it on my paladin, or find another paladin to help heal. A good paladin knows when to bomb the 17k holy lights and when to flash of light- also when to pop div sac (if they have it) or HoS and whatever other things they can do. But in the same manner a good druid knows when to use swiftmend and when to use NS- also knows to hot up the tank before BRezing the dumb dps who pulled aggro, and when to innervate someone.

Each class and player has a different style for healing. Find the one that you like and level that one. Read up on them, ask around like you're doing- but realize it's up to you to decide and up to you to make the class fun.

Keep in mind-

Paladins are limited in their multiple healing role. If 5 people are taking damage you have to A) hope they're all melee and you have the glyph of holy light, B) hope that beacon is on one of those 5 or C) cast 5 flash of lights (or holy shock x1 and 4 flash[either way you're spending 5 GCDs healing 5 people]-maybe 6 if the tank is also taking damage)

Druids are limited in the amount of healing they can do. Solo tank healing is not a druid's forte. However you can keep hots on the tank and keep 3 or 4 other people hotted up. You also can BRez, innervate, and NS a big heal. The healing itself can be very interactive though. Nourish hits for more with more HoTs up, swiftmend requires a HoT up, wildgrowth hits 5 people (6 if you glyph it) and life bloom never blooms when you need it to but the first time it does bloom and crit for 18k and saves the tank you'll be yelling on vent about it.

Priests are a lot of fun, but there's a LOT of choices to make. I went disc because healing paladin was my original main spec and that's what it was closest too as far as I could see. I can't really say a whole lot about this, but I have seen some really awesome healing priests- and they used almost every single spell that they had. I could assign them to solo heal a tank (binding heal wut) or to group heal (though they would spec holy for that) or to help tank heal. Knowing what to use and when was a big part of showing how good a priest is. There is a little bit of interaction in the healing specs, stacking serendipity up as a holy priest and using borrowed time as a disc priest and knowing when to use those procs (and what procs them, and when to proc them) is a big part of playing a priest well. (not to mention the hymns and shackles and every other utility spell that a priest has)

Shaman are probably one of my favorite healing classes. I can CC, I can tank heal, I can raid heal, I can interrupt spells, I can buff my group through my totems, I can using grounding totem between interrupting- I can earth shield the tank and then riptide him- and then chain heal off him for 25% more healing on the chain heal. (which isn't to say that riptide is really that great of a spell, but imo the way it makes healing a little more interactive is a lot of fun. Also riptide procs tidal waves, which you can cast early if you know some bad damage is incoming.

druid! at least for 5-mans

put/keep all hots on the tank, an occasional nourish / swiftmend and enjoy. for group healing spam wild growth.

I have a level 80 Paladin and a level 80 Priest I'm healing with. It all depends on my mood and the situation which one I prefer to heal with, but I really like to heal both. You always need to be alert in a raid regardless of what class you chose.

Depends on what situation you are discussing. For five mans, probably druid since you have good group healing, some good oh %#$@ buttons, and great mana efficiency. Paladin is the hardest in five mans because they don't have the group healing power that other classes do.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Paladins.

Everyone saying that druid is eazmode have never tried healing with a druid in end-tier 25 man raids. There you really need to step up your game and know every boss's ability so that you can pre-hot incoming damage etc.

A paladin just puts beacon on MT and spams HL on offtank the entire fight. Don't believe me? Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMCgKnab9Ec

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas
    Its an artificial CD, since you obviously cant shield the same target for another 18s, nor your fellow priest. Disc priest looks really bad on meter since your GCDs are spent on shield instead of actual heals, but on most encounter a disc priest pull out 2k HPS. It should be much higher if he s assigned to tank healing.

If you really look into public combatlogs of fights that include a disc priest, you d be suprised with the amount of FH they use.

For saurfang, my 1st priority is actually shielding every single target with blood boil debuffs, then spam on them with overhealed FH to hope for the crit heal. Guess why?
    Because your group has trouble not getting hit by the beasts and therefore has a problem with multiple marks? lol jk It's a good strat I hope everyone is using. But in that situation, you're really just using FH as a psuedo PW:S since if you could, you'd just cast it again.
    But really, I know where you're coming from, and there are many examples of where you do something different. On Saurfang, most of our healers dps for a while. On Sapph, they get carried by druids and disc priests. And the disc priests are spamming PW:S every GCD.

FH is just like everyone some spell everyone else has. PW:S/Hots/FoL hot/Riptide(?) already on the target? Gotta cast FH/Nourish/FoL/LHW. You don't want to, but you can't cast your best spell again. I just suggest letting that person sit, and allowing another healer to use their best spell on them. If they have a shield and are missing health, they will probably get a hot from a druid soon. Or if someone has a hot, throw a shield to give it time to work. You aren't a 1 man army out there (Except in 5 mans, but LAWL 1 BUTTON HEALING)

Deleted

Do not make "which class should I level" threads, please.

Read our forum guidelines.