Thread: Regem for ArP

Regem for ArP

So i got deathwhispers will today and consider regemming for ArP instead of agi now.
    So any opinion on this?

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ane&n=Selephie

Re: Regem for ArP

don't gem for armor pen until you're around 800 passive not gemmed. Even then it makes you a one trick pony you'll rape on sit and tunnel fights but be pretty meh on fights like h anub 25.
    this guide gives a pretty good explanation of armor pen for us.
    http://ensidia.com/community/blogs/1359.html

Quote Originally Posted by Quesly
    don't gem for armor pen until you're around 800 passive not gemmed. Even then it makes you a one trick pony you'll rape on sit and tunnel fights but be pretty meh on fights like h anub 25.
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...3785#damageout

9th on the hunter dps list for anub hc 25, no volley damage, can still do pretty decent with full arp it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Budokai
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...3785#damageout

9th on the hunter dps list for anub hc 25, no volley damage, can still do pretty decent with full arp it seems
    smartass >.>

smartass >.>
    <3!!!!!!
    don't get me wrong volley + agil is still winner ofc (for now, would need to see bis stuff) but it's nice to know near hardcap arp won't totally gimp you on the fairly heavy aoe fights

I have no idea why, but this guide you linked has some faulty information that may lead to even more hunter myths.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    I have no idea why, but this guide you linked has some faulty information that may lead to even more hunter myths.
    And why would you say that without pointing out the incorrect information?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubhunter
    And why would you say that without pointing out the incorrect information?
    ok, so lets start with the misinfo-> first, major glyphs. Saying Kill shot is a core glyph is just plain wrong. Steady shot is way more valuable, and as it stands now, Serpent and Steady aint really optional. The 3rd glyph is arguable and depends on situation, ppl rotate with aimed, chimera, kill and hawk.(its arguable yes, and kill shot can come out as best dps glyph even(anub hc fight for example)), but its not straight forward like he mentions it.).

second, this macro-> Cool Downs Macro (Without any trinkets and racials)
    #showtooltip rapid fire
    #show rapid fire
    /cast rapid fire
    /cast kill command
    /cast readiness

is a dps loss. U dont want to use readiness in a macro. Its more valuable use it in conjunction with other cooldowns, aka right after chimera+aimed shot, so u can do another right after. Or right after kill shot, so u can do 2 kill shots.

He is absolutely wrong about the cool-down usage overall. You know 99% sure, how long the fight will last. If you know, its 5mins, you down blow all your cooldowns the sec the combat starts. First, its bad for mana(only if u have rapid recup talent to be exact, since it wont do anything due ur at full mana already). But you sure have some "proc" trinkets, and especially when you have Deathbringers Will. You know it will procc withing like 30 secs into fight, so you wait for the procc and use all your cooldowns when it proccs. Not just randommly at the start of the fight. (ofcourse, you need to know you can afford the wait and can use the c/d-s a 2nd time aswell).

He doesent explain the food usage. No, agi food aint the best for you. It is, when you're already hardcapped ArP, or use softcap+procc trinket. When you're at like 1200ish ArP(that most hunters who make the jump from agi to arp gems are), you want to use ArP food aswell. And no, fish feast is not fine. If it would be fine, ap gems would be fine too, if u get em cheaper and why bother grinding hodir exalted, the honored one is fine aswell etcetc.

Switch to viper when its logical??
    -- the hell, its a guide, it should tell when its logical .
    "Gem, pot, enchant and shoot how its logical and you do the best dps" - best guide ever then?

Might argue about some other things there aswell.
    Dont get me wrong tho, its a good guide. The explaining autoshot part for example is something you rarely see in guides and mostly ppl dont understand how big of a dps loss that is.
    The guide still can and prolly will imporve a hunters gameplay, or at least gives insight to a other good hunters gamestyle/thoughts. Its just not a perfect guide

I was more looking at where he said you stop using arcane at a certain amount of ArP (Which so many hunters think is true but its NOT!) and the fact that keeping piercing shots rolling on multiple targets would increase your DPS, when in fact it would quite possibly lower it because that means you are firing shots at targets without raid debuffs. You cant overide piercing shots, it just stacks up to a bigger dot so it is quite essiantially just 30% extra damage on crits that is dealt over 8 seconds and affected by mangle. You could fire 100 shots, crit the first 10 (therefore only having piercing shots up in the start of the fight) and do the EXACT same damage as having fired 100 shots, with each 10th shot critting for a total of 10 total shots crit, therefore having peircing shots up for almost 100% of the fight.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

I feel sad seeing that a hunter with your gear gets that trinket

this trinket should bring you to the hardcap of arp, but you are so not ready for that...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinni
    I feel sad seeing that a hunter with your gear gets that trinket

this trinket should bring you to the hardcap of arp, but you are so not ready for that...
    epeen much?

looking at your posting history, u r obviolousy lacking a dick

Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy
    epeen much?

looking at your posting history, u r obviolousy lacking a dick
    ouch it hurts.

maybe it requires me to lack a dick to speak the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    I was more looking at where he said you stop using arcane at a certain amount of ArP (Which so many hunters think is true but its NOT!)
    Isn't it more that at that point steady does pretty much the same or more damage as an arcane would? Then throwing PS into the equation tips steady ahead.

EDIT:

Just took off some gear to get to 396 arp, took off trinkets dismissed pet etc and both steady and arcane were critting for 2.2k -2.5k, steady sometimes doing 2.7-2.8 due to improved steady.

So yes, at that arp they are pretty similar damage wise, PS puts it ahead, this was at 33% crit (4% on top from talent) taking off some pieces (normally 55% unbuffed)

Quote Originally Posted by Budokai
    Just took off some gear to get to 396 arp, took off trinkets dismissed pet etc and both steady and arcane were critting for 2.2k -2.5k, steady sometimes doing 2.7-2.8 due to improved steady.
    ... ISS doesn't affect Steady Shot's damage in any way. Maybe you mean arcane shot, in which case you're obviously not gonna waste ISS on AS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukas
    ... ISS doesn't affect Steady Shot's damage in any way. Maybe you mean arcane shot, in which case you're obviously not gonna waste ISS on AS.
    Yeah totally facerolled that tooltip lol thanks for letting me know. But that just backs me up further that steady was sometimes critting for that.

Quote Originally Posted by kunn
    second, this macro-> Cool Downs Macro (Without any trinkets and racials)
    #showtooltip rapid fire
    #show rapid fire
    /cast rapid fire
    /cast kill command
    /cast readiness

is a dps loss. U dont want to use readiness in a macro. Its more valuable use it in conjunction with other cooldowns, aka right after chimera+aimed shot, so u can do another right after. Or right after kill shot, so u can do 2 kill shots.

There is nothing wrong with that macro, you just have to know when to use it for best result.
    Like anything you just need to take with a grain of salt, this is a common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinni
    ouch it hurts.

maybe it requires me to lack a dick to speak the truth.
    u r just another ahole who talks crap about others to feel good about urself