World of warcrafts graphics

Is there any part of wows graphics that bugs you ? Personally i hate the look of water (which seems to be "fixed" in cata [at least in the screen shots]), and i hate that armor (mainly chest/gloves/legs/boots) seems to have no depth (its the same with dragons scales, just seems like a tattoo on the skin rather then scales). As a whole i love the graphics, but some of the little things bug me >.<.

So basically, is there anything graphics wise that bugs you in wow?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: World of warcrafts graphics

Well, I hate that my computer is so shit I can only run it on near minimum settings, does that count?

But seriously, there's nothing I hate more than recycled models, though I obviously understand why they have to do it. Though at least recycle GOOD looking models (unlike the garbage plate shoulder model that has been ridiculously overused throughout WoTLK - This model: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...s_9061_273.jpg)

They certainly improved with boots and belt graphics on this expansion, although they made that armor rare (at launch, only known boots to have unique graphics was the exalted boots from Argent Crusade, it has changed since then.)

What bothers me is the chest armor on blood elves. it stretches because of the animation, and it makes any type of armor look wierd. Tabard certainly helps with that, but it bugs me nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayling
    But seriously, there's nothing I hate more than recycled models, though I obviously understand why they have to do it. Though at least recycle GOOD looking models (unlike the garbage plate shoulder model that has been ridiculously overused throughout WoTLK - This model: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...s_9061_273.jpg)
    I'd much rather have that than what levelling up in whatever they gave you in outlands.

Of course, re skinning the model, like plate gear from ICC 5 man instances heroic gear more often would help. If they did that on wotlk launch it would've make everyone happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

The graphics for hairstyles, such garbage. Landscapes usually are pretty nice, especially in wotlk, but everything about characters always lacked. Also I always hated how clean everything is, especially Stormwind, nothing is dirty at all in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerandomhobo

So basically, is there anything graphics wise that bugs you in wow?
    Paldi...

ohhh Graphics wise

zzzzz

Godo to see that armour has become more detailed, rather than just a triangle on your shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by derail
    casuals, who make up about 95% of wow's population, have crap computers with integrated shit graphics cards

blizzard will never overhaul the graphics because they want wow to remain approachable to people who have no business playing games on their pcs in the first place

wow will continue to look bad and be welfare until the day it dies, which may be never unfortunately

i used to love wow, and while wow was the best thing to happen to the mmo genre at one point in time, it is now easily the worst thing to happen to the mmo genre

thanks activision
    Im not asking for a total overhaul, but its not that hard to update some things. I jsut finished the wrathgate chain on my shaman and varians belt look awesome, it has a buckle with depth, studs, spikes and shit poking out of everywhere. IT has real depth, instead of the dodgy 2d illusion.

casuals, who make up about 95% of wow's population, have crap computers with integrated shit graphics cards

blizzard will never overhaul the graphics because they want wow to remain approachable to people who have no business playing games on their pcs in the first place

wow will continue to look bad and be welfare until the day it dies, which may be never unfortunately

i used to love wow, and while wow was the best thing to happen to the mmo genre at one point in time, it is now easily the worst thing to happen to the mmo genre

thanks activision
    Oh dear...

Why don't you go play Aion, and stop posting on WoW forums? It would do us all a remarkably huge favor. If you can't handle people playing the game for -*GASP*- fun, then you have no business playing multiplayer games.

As for graphics that bug me in WoW - Casting Animations. Why can't blizzard make the casters spell animations involve their weapons somehow? WTB Mage shooting fireball from their sword, PST!

I play casually and take pride in my PC. Well, the one I'm typing from is my craptop, but it's a secondary browsing portability thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerandomhobo
    Personally i hate the look of water (which seems to be "fixed" in cata [at least in the screen shots])
    THIS!

Couldnt agree more that "Water" bothers me to no end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqen Hghar
    Oh dear...

Why don't you go play Aion, and stop posting on WoW forums? It would do us all a remarkably huge favor. If you can't handle people playing the game for -*GASP*- fun, then you have no business playing multiplayer games.

As for graphics that bug me in WoW - Casting Animations. Why can't blizzard make the casters spell animations involve their weapons somehow? WTB Mage shooting fireball from their sword, PST!
    /agreed

Ridiculous clipping of armor pieces and weapons. Honestly if they're going to size gear for each model you'd think they'd at least spend a few minutes going through each model's animations (or hell just the resting ones) and fix the major clipping issues, even if its just on characters, not counting when they're mounted.

Shrink down shoulder pieces for anorexic female characters so they don't overlap in the back when standing still.

Remove stupid pendulums from helmets that just clip through Orc/Spacegoat males' chests.

Cloaks/2Handers that clip through tails, other armor pieces the actually player. We all remember the PvP mace that clipped through your chest if you played thin character.

Fist weapons that clip through your legs. (SWP fists anyone?)

Helms with massive horns that clipped through shoulders because they were sized poorly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

I agree with the water, it's hideous, and the new water in Cata is probably one of the things I'm most excited for =P
    Something that really bothers me are the trees.. I really wish they improved them in WotLk, so annoying how they are just random pieces of wood jutting out from the ground, instead of having roots and moss, etc. Elwynn and Grizzly Hills are examples of pretty zones ruined because of the trees.

Beautiful sig made by Nicolette

Quote Originally Posted by Fowl
    I agree with the water, it's hideous, and the new water in Cata is probably one of the things I'm most excited for =P
    Something that really bothers me are the trees.. I really wish they improved them in WotLk, so annoying how they are just random pieces of wood jutting out from the ground, instead of having roots and moss, etc. Elwynn and Grizzly Hills are examples of pretty zones ruined because of the trees.
    +1
    And to improve the leaves of the trees + making them react to wind.But we all know that's never gonna happen :P

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I do agree that with the upcoming competition from other MMO's, Blizz is gotta take it up one notch.

As for the models, maybe a few VERY old vanilla models could be editted, but it's mostly just textures.

Look at the detail on the models of both the Draenei and the Tauren. The polycount is almost the same, yet the texture makes it look like it's SUPERadvanced.
    Just fix the textures for the vanilla races, update a few animations, give a few old models some more detail, improve the looks of the old cities and add some environmental effects for people who have a good computer. Things like distortion, fog, better rain, stuff like that.

AND.... for people (like me) who got a nice pc, add an option to increase the draw-distance!!! Please! LOD !!!! It's not that hard!

The problem with revamping "old" items is that you waste time that could be bringing new stuff instead. I'd like a prettier game too, I just doubt you're gonna get much more than higher detailed skins and models on new items. I think they should rewrite character movements to be a bit more fluid and random, especially while casting and during melee combat.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.