Seal of Command.

So yea, I was just reading through the ret paladin blog right. I clicked on the Feature Retadin tab, and well, I am pretty confused.

This retadin, says that Righteousness it the way to go and yadda yadda. So I was just wondering if that new cleave affect on the SoC is still pretty recent, cause if so, that makes more sense.

Aww, hell, I might as well quote the passage.

So Seal of Righteousness is your seal then. What would you say to Retadins who stick to Command or Vengeance?
    “Go hard or go home”. Command is terrible because of its low burst. Hate to tell these folks that use it but we are a burst class - plain and simple. You either deliver solid burst or you go home with a loss. Command might be good for trash pulls in instances but when it comes to taking down a target in arena a 2K crit Judgment isn’t going to cut it. As far as Vengeance/Corruption is concerned, I generally just pose the following question to people who try to use it in PvP: “are you actually okay with 15 seconds of terrible damage just to get a slight improvement over what you could have with Righteousness?”. These people seem to neglect the fact that with a 3 second swing timer and with no misses, parries , dodges or blocks, it takes a minimum of 15 seconds for that seal to be effective for you. Righteousness does nice burst and extremely consistent damage everywhere else.

So yea. I dont know, the seal thing is still a rough sea I have yet to fully understand again from being absent for a year. Righteousness screams, I HAVE THE POWERRRR!!!!

And Command is all like, lolololol cleave lololol.

Vengeance is the easy one, it has its spot for elites and bosses and the like.

I know they be a thousand, thousand, thousand post like this. But I dunno. I felt the need to make a post.

p.s.- OMG! It isnt a crazy post of mine like normal!!

Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

Re: Seal of Command.

Command is only useful for cleaving. Righteousness does have it's uses.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Command is only useful for cleaving. Righteousness does have it's uses.
    Well I know this. But can it really achieve a higher judgement crit of more than lets say,1500, and can do more damage per swing?

I mean I am still in pretty crapola gear at the moment. But I am a level away from hitting 80. So I am trying to learn and cram everything I can into my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Applegarth
    Well I know this. But can it really achieve a higher judgement crit of more than lets say,1500, and can do more damage per swing?

I mean I am still in pretty crapola gear at the moment. But I am a level away from hitting 80. So I am trying to learn and cram everything I can into my head.
    Judgement hits harder with Righteousness, but the seal can't crit. I know a lot of people who use it in pvp, but it has no place in pve. Wellll, technically if there is a single trash mob that is going to die quickly, it might be better, but would it be worth switching?
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Judgement hits harder with Righteousness, but the seal can't crit. I know a lot of people who use it in pvp, but it has no place in pve. Wellll, technically if there is a single trash mob that is going to die quickly, it might be better, but would it be worth switching?
    Mmk. So Righteousness is pretty good in pvp. And as for now I have just been using Command to level for the past 3 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Applegarth

Ok so here is how it goes. PvE. If you have a full set of Heroic ToC 25 gear (mainly the weapon.) or ICC gear (again mainly talking about the weapon.) You no longer have any reason to use SoR in PvE again unless theres something that you don't want to hit. (its in cc, need to kill something else first etc.) At Heroic ToC gear settings even on a single target switching fight, SoC will net you more DPS. On a gear level before that SoR will hit harder because of SoCs low judgement damage.

PvP, it depends on the comp. SoC is decent in cleave comps, and using SoC, keeps you from having to get SoTP thus letting you grab extra utility out of the protection tree. If you want the full amount of burst, Go for SoR + SoTP + Glyphed SoR and watch the lulburst.

Click to see my Armory

SoR is also the only seal that procs wen you judge the rest dont.
    SoR is nice for soloing/PvP
    SoCom is nice for trash/add fights
    SoV/SoC the rest.

SoR also can't be dodged, blocked, or parried, unlike SoV and SoC. That's a huge factor in arena.

For arena, if you're using a cleave combo, use SoCleave. If not, use SoR.

I really prefer Seal of Command in PvP. SoR does maximize Judgment damage but SoC will make every other attack hit harder than the same attacks made with SoR active.

What I mean is;

JoR > JoC
    CS + SoC > CS + SoR
    DS + SoC > DS + SoR
    Auto-attack + SoC > Auto-attack + SoR

When I use SoR it makes me feel like I'm constantly waiting for Judgment, and while I'm waiting my damage isn't doing a whole lot. When I'm using SoC it feels like Judgment is just another attack in my rotation instead of my one and only reliable damage sink.
    (Parentheticals)

Let me first start by saying, eww...arena.

That said, I can't add much other than yes, SoComm is great on trash, as well as soloing. SoCorr/Ven is the definitive choice on boss fights. And SoR is nice for soloing, but has a very decent judgement without any ramp-up time requirements...as well as a seal proc from judgements. Switch seals based on the situation at hand.

I haven't mentioned anything that hasn't already been said, and will undoubtedly be said again in the next thread like this. Have fun!
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Quote Originally Posted by [Einer
    ]
    I really prefer Seal of Command in PvP. SoR does maximize Judgment damage but SoC will make every other attack hit harder than the same attacks made with SoR active.

What I mean is;

JoR > JoC
    CS + SoC > CS + SoR
    DS + SoC > DS + SoR
    Auto-attack + SoC > Auto-attack + SoR

When I use SoR it makes me feel like I'm constantly waiting for Judgment, and while I'm waiting my damage isn't doing a whole lot. When I'm using SoC it feels like Judgment is just another attack in my rotation instead of my one and only reliable damage sink.
    More like
    CS + SoC > CS + SoR(glyph) only on crits.

For the purpose of not stating the obvious. Have u tried SoR with a glyph and 5/5 sotp? Its in fact more reliable than SoC in the fact the seal can't be dodged, blocked, or parried. And unless your command seal crits on every hit, talented/glyphed SoR will be hitting just as hard if not harder. And the judgements are, well you get the point. SoCom has its advantages but if your going for maximum damage output in pvp/arena. You wont find more than SoR. Point blank. Socomm in PvP just cant keep up.

Click to see my Armory

We have no mortal strike, so we're 'large hit' dependant. So we need large judgments to sometimes burn down our opponents fast enough to outdo healing (ie with wings) or match pure dmg output like warriors. Otherwise we're religated to relying on our defense abilities (which have almost all been largely nerfed).

So, unless it's a large crowd of players (in which case I use SoCommand) I'm using SoR. I use SoVengeance for well geared druid healers since they're so ungodly impossible for a ret to kill.

Also SoCommand is good for cleave teams with a MS effect (ie arms/ret/etc) if arena is your forte'.
    Hi, I'm Lerty.

I use Seal Of Commander on trash in heroics and trash in raids. Simple the best on that, with the cleave effect.
    And on bosses (only raids) i use Seal of Corruption. Imo the best, got like 6k+ dps on the bosses in ICC with that.
    Bosses in heroics i just go with Seal of Commander cause the bosses die to fast for even stack 5 of Seal of Corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by meag333
    More like
    CS + SoC > CS + SoR(glyph) only on crits.

For the purpose of not stating the obvious. Have u tried SoR with a glyph and 5/5 sotp? Its in fact more reliable than SoC in the fact the seal can't be dodged, blocked, or parried. And unless your command seal crits on every hit, talented/glyphed SoR will be hitting just as hard if not harder. And the judgements are, well you get the point. SoCom has its advantages but if your going for maximum damage output in pvp/arena. You wont find more than SoR. Point blank. Socomm in PvP just cant keep up.
    worthy note, this only applies for single target.

SoR for pvp
    SoC for Trash
    Seal of vengeance/Corruption for boss fights
    tata
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep
    Who is Athene, lol tought you meant the city at first :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    Worlds greatest paladin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stings
    Yes, and scientology is speaking the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    worthy note, this only applies for single target.
    Ya, sorry, it was in response to the person talking about pvp and his burst. You will always see more burst with glyph/talented SoR than SoCom anyday.

Click to see my Armory