Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: holy pally - gem problem with MP5

In reality, the healing intensity of heroic anub isn't that bad. Phase 1 + 2 is nothing. Phase 3 lasts 3 mins max if your dps is on their game. If you have mana troubles spamming for 3 minutes, what did you do on patchwerk? We personally use 1 add tank with full block set like most guilds do, so maybe the difference is only healing 2 targets vs your 3, i dunno.

I linked fights where i topped meters or stayed very competative for our class, because the poster above had claimed i was being carried. Just wanted to prove i wasn't.

Rambam you clearly have your *%*% together, nothing i've said was pointed at you and this wasn't an EPEEN contest, I just wanted to show i wasn't being carried.

And no, saying we never got a kill says it all, doesn't. Seriously were you there? No. Was it to our tanks dying? Not unless adds killed healers first. STFU then. Having our only block tank away for 2 weeks sure doesn't help.

3 tanks vs 2 means you can't just beacon one, spam the other, also means you don't have predictable incoming damage (as with a full block set, each hit will be blocked), so managing the health is more difficult, however, means you don't need to have a tank with 102.4% coverage and that interrupts are easier.

comparing it to patchwork? well back then, (in naxx 40, the first time) we had seal of wisdom melee rotations, then in naxx25, illumination gave 50% not 33% back, divine plea had no healing reduction AND the tanks only got hit for like 5k so you could keep them up with spamming FoL.

healing anub isn't hard as much as it is intense, there is alot of healing to do, and it is you job to keep the tanks up, at all costs essentially, missing using divine plea because the tank will die if you don't do enough healing? it happens. druids die to pen cold or innervate is on cd or x and y? it happens. you do go oom. even with a stupid manapool.

I know, i shouldn't comment on your anub performance having not seen a log of it, but that is where the majority of guilds fail on it, in ph3, people can't keep other people up, and ph3 is the make or break part of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by rambam
    @firecrest, i have like 920 haste UB... it's not as if im not trying...
    Wait, what? Where did I come into this?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Varius
    You will be going oom on anub 25 if you are doing it right, just the way the fight works, HL spam on the tank with beacon on another tank for all of the final phase is just stupid op.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=5565&e=6101

2 holy pallies doing 5.7 million healing 11-13 thousand hps during phase 3, cant really value mp5 that high because the leech phase doesn't last long enough for you to regen more than a few heals from mp5 on gear while int will increase mana from DP, Replenishment, and gives you a bit more crit.
    might i ask... what the fuck are you resto druids doing?
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu
    might i ask... what the fuck are you resto druids doing?
    Yeah, both of the resto druids were spamming healing touch...

And one even had a Val'anyr

I....

brb, gonna go hang myself.

I'm way too lazy to click on that link and see what you're talking about, but I can tell you from my own experience, the answer to the question should be "not much". If it's not, you need to have a serious talk with them. After a ton of wipes, we found that our Resto Druids were running around HoTing like half the raid. Once we solved that problem, our kill came like 5 attempts later.

It's a really hard mindset to get into, but you really need to be putting 0 direct heals on anyone besides the Tanks and the PCs. JoL and LotP keep up the physical DPS, Healing Stream keeps up the Healer Group, Shadow Priest keeps up the Caster group and each healer does just enough healing on their PC target to keep them from dying and that's it. Depending on your raid makeup, you may have a Resto Druid in a physical dps group who will keep up a small HoT on himself or some such.

Holy Pally HPS goes through the roof while, if they're doing it right, all other healers should be reduced to nearly nothing.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

3 tanks vs 2 means you can't just beacon one, spam the other, also means you don't have predictable incoming damage (as with a full block set, each hit will be blocked), so managing the health is more difficult, however, means you don't need to have a tank with 102.4% coverage and that interrupts are easier.

comparing it to patchwork? well back then, (in naxx 40, the first time) we had seal of wisdom melee rotations, then in naxx25, illumination gave 50% not 33% back, divine plea had no healing reduction AND the tanks only got hit for like 5k so you could keep them up with spamming FoL.

healing anub isn't hard as much as it is intense, there is alot of healing to do, and it is you job to keep the tanks up, at all costs essentially, missing using divine plea because the tank will die if you don't do enough healing? it happens. druids die to pen cold or innervate is on cd or x and y? it happens. you do go oom. even with a stupid manapool.

I know, i shouldn't comment on your anub performance having not seen a log of it, but that is where the majority of guilds fail on it, in ph3, people can't keep other people up, and ph3 is the make or break part of the fight.
    My guild made me go holy for Anub since we have like.. no pallies.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...859#healingout

Oven is an alt, and Twiix also is an alt (note also that though he is prot spec, he was actually not tanking anything, was just there to stack hit and interrupt adds because our rets were afk as usual).

I myself, excluding the last 2 weeks, had not raided actively since August. Every other month or so, I get online and raid some, so my gear is actually pretty outdated as well. I do not have good mp5 trinkets either. I am a sp stacking pally, without a single int gem anywhere in my gear (24.2k unbuffed mana, mainly because i have the ilvl245 int trinket due to my terrible gear).

Oh, and about the part where you said you go oom regardless of your mana pool. Definitely doesn't happen with FoL spec. When I first returned to heal H anub 2 weeks ago, and the guild got Tribute the Mad Skill for the first time, I was healing in ulduar gear with pretty much the same healing setup, except one of the healers was a resto druid instead, so don't claim I am overgeared or anything :P

FoL spec is not useless, you just have to be more careful, use your cooldowns appropriate, and manage your mana well as well as time your HL usages carefully, and any mistake is just more difficult to recover from than if you had just HL spammed all day long.

I like FoL spec, but i don't like its inflexibility, EG, if healing is too intense and you need to HL too often, you'll go oom, or the tank will die, if you are running low on mana and you have to use divine plea, your heals are incredibly weak. Aside form that, i think it works well, it has a certain synergy with a HL paladin eg FoL + HL in the same raids is very very good combo - although a resto shaman spamming chainheal will do about the same as the pally + heal 2/3 more targets.

I like FoL spec, but i don't like its inflexibility, EG, if healing is too intense and you need to HL too often, you'll go oom, or the tank will die, if you are running low on mana and you have to use divine plea, your heals are incredibly weak. Aside form that, i think it works well, it has a certain synergy with a HL paladin eg FoL + HL in the same raids is very very good combo - although a resto shaman spamming chainheal will do about the same as the pally + heal 2/3 more targets.
    And what hits harder than Algalon/H Anub during leech phase? Because I have no mana issues on either of them, or problems keeping the tank up (except the random cases where my beacon bugs/lags).

Quote Originally Posted by Iamafk
    And what hits harder than Algalon/H Anub during leech phase? Because I have no mana issues on either of them, or problems keeping the tank up (except the random cases where my beacon bugs/lags).
    Algalon hits hard now?

H Anub is all about your strat. If you're using a three tank strat, I can see where FoL would work. But if you're the only tank healer in a two tank strat... There's no way in hell that FoL shit's gonna fly.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Algalon hits hard now?

H Anub is all about your strat. If you're using a three tank strat, I can see where FoL would work. But if you're the only tank healer in a two tank strat... There's no way in hell that FoL shit's gonna fly.
    Algalon hit pretty hard pre-nerf, especially on non block tanks.
    Oh, and about being the only tank healer in a two tank strat no well in hell flying...

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...859#healingout

I made it fly. Note that Twiix isn't really a tank, he's just a prot specced pally alt with bad blues for hit gear so he could stun adds. You can see this by going to the damage taken meter. His damage done therefore was pretty gimp, so we were down 70% of a dps'er.

So...
    2 tanks
    6 healers
    16.3 dps

That parse convince you that you can in fact be FoL, be in outdated gear (lol naxx cloak, ulduar weapons, many ulduar items, Je'Tze's bell), be the only dedicated tank healer, and still do H Anub? Just gotta be careful and premeditate every cd timing, as well as when to switch to HL and when to switch back.

except for the fact that the other healers also did a HUGE amount of tank healing too...
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...859#whohealwho

On second thought, perhaps it would be better if we had 4 healed it, so that each pCold healer has 2 targets, and therefore none of the other healers would have any time at all to help heal the tank. However, even in such a case I believe I could keep the tank up, though I would most likely require innervates during leech phase (right now I do not need innervates at all for H Anub unless a pcold healer fails and I die), though certainly better gear would be required, especially dual Solace of the Fallen, as right now I have only Je'Tze's Bell and the Triumph badge trinket (both rather undesireable trinkets in FoL spec). Therefore I have had to be extra careful with encounter management.

except for the fact that the other healers also did a HUGE amount of tank healing too...
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...859#whohealwho
    Thus my massive amount of overheal... which does not usually happen in a FoL spec.

EDIT: Forgot to specify that of course the majority of the overhealing is due to beacon on the block geared OT, but even so, there was plenty of healing going out. Moreover, I think I did decently at minimizing the overhealing, as I had timed heals so that they would arrive at the appropriate times, given the average damage intake of the tank from previous tries, and of course the fight mechanics themselves.

In addition, look at these two meters before you rail on me for having help from other healers.

Here, note the healing taken by our MT from various healers:
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...9581414#target

Me:2,399,156 healing done
    Total Healing Received by Oven: 5,209,614
    So I did 46.05% of the healing the MT received.

Now, a recent kill by Team Ice (World #37)
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...6234561#target
    Their main holy paladin is Canisrex.
    Canisrex: 3,607,968 healing done
    Total Healing Received by MT: 7,407,246
    So Canisrex did 48.71% of the healing the MT received.

Note that Team Ice used one fewer(edit: miscount, one more) healer than we did, but the percentage of the necessary healing that Canisrex did in their kill was barely more than what I did in our kill (and keep in mind that my gear was pretty outdated, and only now is getting better, due to my 4 month layoff from raiding, except for a single digit number of nights where I logged on in that interval).
    Of course, it appears our tank is less squishy, and that factor certainly helped my job out a lot. However, I think it definitely shows you do not need to be HL specced to accomplish this fight, with you being the only dedicated tank healer, so long as you know what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by tbk2009
    In reality, the healing intensity of heroic anub isn't that bad. Phase 1 + 2 is nothing. Phase 3 lasts 3 mins max if your dps is on their game. If you have mana troubles spamming for 3 minutes, what did you do on patchwerk? We personally use 1 add tank with full block set like most guilds do, so maybe the difference is only healing 2 targets vs your 3, i dunno.

I linked fights where i topped meters or stayed very competative for our class, because the poster above had claimed i was being carried. Just wanted to prove i wasn't.

Rambam you clearly have your *%*% together, nothing i've said was pointed at you and this wasn't an EPEEN contest, I just wanted to show i wasn't being carried.

And no, saying we never got a kill says it all, doesn't. Seriously were you there? No. Was it to our tanks dying? Not unless adds killed healers first. STFU then. Having our only block tank away for 2 weeks sure doesn't help.
    Topping meters doesnt make you a good healer and doesnt prove much to me other then you base your healing 'skill' on your place on some recount log.

And you didnt kill him either, as you said. So ya.

Meters dont mean anything, if i had the time to disect your log right now i bet i could find more then a few things you probably do wrong, most people who think meters matter focus their time on that and on little to nothing else.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

We killed heroic anub 25 last night with me main tank healing with a druid, and i only did 5.4k HPS and did 35.5% of the healing to the MT and 51.6% through Beacon on the Block gear OT. I dont see why people emphasize these paladins doing 11K hps in that fight, prob means someone else isnt doing what they are supposed to and the paladin is having to pick up some of their slack as well as healing the tanks. (Prob PC?)

We assign specific healers to PC symbols, usually have two tank healers (paladin/druid) and one druid healer meant only for HoTing certain ppl with a lower rank spell just to keep them from dieing from Leech. Normally the HPS is VERY low for that fight.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Algalon hits hard now?

With 3 tanks, two paladins working full spellpower gear + t8 bonus is amazing. But, if you are using only 2 tanks, a holy light bomb will always be better

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    With 3 tanks, two paladins working full spellpower gear + t8 bonus is amazing. But, if you are using only 2 tanks, a holy light bomb will always be better
    But what is a full sp and 4t8 bonus holy pally doing that far into togc unless he's been carried? Let alone 2 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Selynia
    But what is a full sp and 4t8 bonus holy pally doing that far into togc unless he's been carried? Let alone 2 of them.
    Two diferent sets?