Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Are rogues easiest dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Gothrim
    But easiest class? Hunter or Mage.
    hunter easier? i tried both rogue and hunter and i have to say that with a rogue it's harder to maximize DPS

a 0.25 sec movement (the classic void zone) will nuke your dps as a hunter, but with a rogue you can move around the boss without losing DPS

my vote goes for arcane mage
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaavis
    And you didn't even address the fact that auto attacks do a lot better than wanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    Quick trade chat poll reveals that YOUR MOM is actually the hardest bossfight in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zherod
    my vote goes for arcane mage
    Arcane mage is like 3 buttons, its almost too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayzz
    Arcane mage is like 3 buttons, its almost too easy.
    ye no buff/debuff to track, no dot and high dmg while moving (lolbarrage <3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaavis
    And you didn't even address the fact that auto attacks do a lot better than wanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    Quick trade chat poll reveals that YOUR MOM is actually the hardest bossfight in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Rynoa
    get my point?
    He forgot Arcane Barrage
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

My main is a rogue.

I do agree that our rotation is quite simple compared to other classes, but, that dps is highly situational. Mut is terrible for add-swapping fights, like p1
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

Quote Originally Posted by Mew
    ROFL nice troll

On my mutilate rogue I press 1121212121121211212112121121212121211212121221212 for 5 mins straight. Refresh hunger for every minute.

Mutilate (1)
    Envenom (2)

Can it be more simple?

On my retpaladin I have to actually pay fucking close attention to my actionbar the entire time. If I miss a global I lose way more dps

Crusader strike (6s cd)
    Judgement (8s cd)
    Divine storm (10s cd and refreshes constantly when proccing 2pT10)
    Consecration (10s cd)
    Exorcism (15s cd)
    Hammer of Wrath (6s cd)
    Holy Wrath (30s cd)
    Divine Plea (1 min cd)

PLUS I have to manage my Hand spells (salvation, freedom, protection), damage cooldowns (wings, trinketprocs, specific encounter buffs), and raid cooldowns such as aura mastery and make sure I weave them all together in a nice sync.

If there's target switching involved I need to make sure my SoV stack doesn't fall off (Gormok adds, Worms burrow, Icehowl crash, Jaraxxus volcanos, Twins target switching @ shields) or Seal twisting at anub (switching to soc when adds come and make sure I refresh SoV on anub before it runs out) etc.

AND ALL THIS DAMN COOLDOWNS ARE TICKING 24/7, and if you miss just ONE GLOBAL COOLDOWN you are gonna drop on the damage meters to some faceroll class like a mut rogue, arcane mage or unholy dk.

On top of that I also need buff people who died in combat and do a Hand of Sacrifice rotation on our tanks so come tell me again that retribution paladin is the most "faceroll" dps class.

That's fucking lol
    awww he thinks ret isn't faceroll, bless his socks.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteen
    awww he thinks ret isn't faceroll, bless his socks.
    no he just thinks that rogues are more faceroll. big difference.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

First of all Happy new Year,

Just felt the need to give my opinion on this topic.
    I do agree that the rotation is not too difficult, specialy the rupture less one.
    However i do not agree that it is the rotation that is going to tell if a class is "hard or "easy".
    What makes the rogue fun for me and makes it different from the others is that i have to make actually decisions and not just watch cooldowns.
    I know and do not know this by playing i admit, that the paladin and enhance shaman wait for CD's which is a system they like to call "FCFS".
    Is this harder ? Maybe. I don't really care as long if people perform well and find the joy in what they do.

If you find the rogue easy it might be perhaps because you enjoy playing it and then that does not mean we have to down write "easy" as something negative.

Kind regards,
    Mines

Quote Originally Posted by Mines
    First of all Happy new Year,

Just felt the need to give my opinion on this topic.
    I do agree that the rotation is not too difficult, specialy the rupture less one.
    However i do not agree that it is the rotation that is going to tell if a class is "hard or "easy".
    What makes the rogue fun for me and makes it different from the others is that i have to make actually decisions and not just watch cooldowns.
    I know and do not know this by playing i admit, that the paladin and enhance shaman wait for CD's which is a system they like to call "FCFS".
    Is this harder ? Maybe. I don't really care as long if people perform well and find the joy in what they do.

If you find the rogue easy it might be perhaps because you enjoy playing it and then that does not mean we have to down write "easy" as something negative.

Kind regards,
    Mines
    Well said, and I agree.