How Much dps should i have?

Hey guy's i recently came back to my mage after quite a break from it , ive come back and i feal my dps should be much better with the gear i have, I just feal im laggin behind at times , so ye my question is how much Single target dps self buffed should i do?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...enas&n=Lolmagi

thanks in advance , and Happy New year! (almost xD )

Re: How Much dps should i have?

A little more info i do about 3.5k DPS Sometimes a little better sometimes worse , i compensate for Latency , My rot is ABx4 then Arcane missiles , Just dosnt feal like im doing as much as i should , but maybe im wrong.

Gear is good, spec is right. I'd say self buffed alone, 3k-3500(That's with you hitting something that won't hit back of course). 4k easily if the rng decides not to be an ass that day Which the RNG is generally an asshole...so the dps you should do really depends on it...In similar gear I was hitting anywhere from 2500-4k on random things out in the world.

Also, are you using quartz cast bar? If not, I recommend it. My dps went up by 400 just from using it.

And for your rotation, your doing it right...but after that 4xab...DO NOT cast missiles unless it procs. Throw another ab out first and if still no proc hit a arc barrage. Using missiles w/o the proc is epic fail, and will rape your dps.

But yeah, your dps is right on par. If your seeing other mages doing 7-8k...its b/c of their gear, and insane amt's of haste usually over 700. So don't think your doing anything wrong if your not hitting 7k

On a different note. If you want an ego boost use Recount as an arcane mage. It skews your dps by a lot due to confusion with the change in collection speeds. So it will boost your dps on paper but not mess with your actual numbers. : P

Ok niceone , how do you reccomened i Gem? Red +23sp , Yellow +12sp +10 haste or 20 Haste? , and blue??? thanks for the help glad im doing what i should be with my gear ^_^

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

I reckon in 10 man raids you should be getting 3.5-4.5k DPS and 4k minimum in 25 mans
    Insert Signiture here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime
    Ok niceone , how do you reccomened i Gem? Red +23sp , Yellow +12sp +10 haste or 20 Haste? , and blue??? thanks for the help glad im doing what i should be with my gear ^_^
    Red socket - +23 sp, yellow - +12sp+10 haste, blue - two spirit/sp, rest +23sp or more spirit/sp if the socket bonus is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tluraxle
    Red socket - +23 sp, yellow - +12sp+10 haste, blue - two spirit/sp, rest +23sp or more spirit/sp if the socket bonus is good.
    Might be slightly off here, but isn't it 12 sp/10 haste in the yellow slots if the socket bonus is 5-9 SP since it would then outweights a straight 23 SP gem? Other than that a +23 SP in that socket. I guess it ends up with personal preference about how much you feel like squeezing out =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigstackstwo
    Warbringer Pilot of the Exodar"Tonight.* We Dine.* In AZEROTH!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucarocks92 View Post
    they dont care about making the game good anymore they just want every single player to be happy

When it comes to gemming questions...use Rawr. I thought 23 sp pwr gems would be the most dps...oh boy was I wrong. Sometimes it's a good idea to ignore your socket bonus(aside from meta) and use the gems that will increase your dps the most...which for the most part is going to be the 12sp pwr/10haste, or 23 sp pwr. Soooo yeah...use rawr. It's truly epic for fixing your dps

Now if only I could convice mages to stop putting sp pwr on their weapon and use black magic...alas...the world may never know

OP
    Get talisman of resurgence with badges and change those pure haste gems and haste+spirit gem from shoulders (Put sp+spirit instead of 20haste and 23sp instead of haste+spirit). Other gems/enchants look fine. If you don't already have a macro to use all CDs at the same time, you should do 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane
    Might be slightly off here, but isn't it 12 sp/10 haste in the yellow slots if the socket bonus is 5-9 SP since it would then outweights a straight 23 SP gem? Other than that a +23 SP in that socket. I guess it ends up with personal preference about how much you feel like squeezing out =P
    No socket bonus is so bad (on caster items) that 23sp would be better than SP+haste (If you don't need to socket blue gems to get bonus aswell, that is)

To be quite frank I have similar/worse gear and I am regularly doing 4.6-5.4k dps in 10 mans and 5-6k on 25 mans on a long fight. Try looking at things like using your frost and fire wards as well as replacing one of your trinkets with the Elemental Focus Stone, it might free up more choices because it gives you so much hit, but the proc for it is ridiculous(it is up around 50+% for me most of the time)

Quote Originally Posted by Aklen
    To be quite frank I have similar/worse gear and I am regularly doing 4.6-5.4k dps in 10 mans and 5-6k on 25 mans on a long fight. Try looking at things like using your frost and fire wards as well as replacing one of your trinkets with the Elemental Focus Stone, it might free up more choices because it gives you so much hit, but the proc for it is ridiculous(it is up around 50+% for me most of the time)
    Since i posted this ive got 7-8 items , got 6.2k dps in 10 man on beats.

Well you have nice haste and 2.5k spell power and considering arcane isnt immense with scaling in that gear on say a patchwerk style boss id expect 8-7k and on a more moving single target say North beasts around 5.5k deathbringer saurfang with the adds 6k ish
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Brettyo
    Well you have nice haste and 2.5k spell power and considering arcane isnt immense with scaling in that gear on say a patchwerk stile boss id expect 8-7k and on a more moving single target say North beasts around 5.5k deathbringer saurfang with the adds 6k ish
    This is about right, though nb should be almost 7k really (depends on if you get adds on you in first phase) and saurfang can range from 6-7k depending on your raid setup (how fast adds go down) but around 7,5-8k on a patchwerk style fight is expected
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Thankfully Arcane isn't as gear dependant as the other PvE specs, as for how much DPS you should deal, well it depends almost entirely on the fight, not to mention raid synergy and so on.

My personal advice is to use websites such as Worldoflogs.com to get an impression on how your class and spec performs on a fight, and you don't just have to look at the best mages (although that's an excellent place to start!)

To try and attempt what I would consider as reasonably achieveable from your gear, in a 25 man raid with the majority of useful buffs present, I'd expect 6-7k on a fight like Northrend Beasts on 25 man, Jaraxxus would more likely be 7-8k, possibly higher because of Netherwind Power. Faction Champions is great for Arcane and you could probably deal around 5k. On Twins I think you could easily reach 11-12k (depends a lot on the statergy you use though), and finally on Anub, perhaps 6-7k again.

As stated about, aquiring the Talisman of Resurgence is a great idea, and perhaps you should consider to advance your rotation a little and start using ABSpam04MBAB when on shorter fights, and certainly during burn phases. Your gear is more than up to it. Use AB4AM as a mana reservation rotation.

But a lot of Arcane is from the precisive use of cooldowns, which a lot comes from experience and practice on specific fights.

I'd say around 6k Arcane mages are ez mode. And your gear isn't "terrible", sure you could use some upgrades but you should be fine for about anything.