Rapid Reju - Lets end the Discussion

So, like in topic. It's over 1 month after 3.3 release.
    So my question is:
    Is the Rapid Reju Glyph viable for 25mans?

Re: Rapid Reju - Lets end the Discussion

situational glyph is situationally useful

Any examples ? According to ICC
    Well, my point is ICC25 does not require a "blanket" reju method of healing.
    My guild almost killed Anub 25hc, but in ICC I reach over 80% of overhealing, and my effective healing is dropping... I''m not really sure what I should do to reduce overhealing.

No, Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation is not viable in 25M raids because it's bugged. Like, if you use the Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation and you enter a 25M raid, all healing you do actually causes damage to the target instead of healing said player. Basically, the glyph turns Rejuvenation into a perpetual Nefarian Priest-call and everybody dies. A lot.

:
    I > U

10+ Year Old Account

I have used the glyph since its come out, I have found it very effective as my heals arent sniped as much. I pull alot more HPS with this glyph on ALL fights than i did before as i get more ticks as effective healing than overheals.

I pull 17k hps on twins with this glyph..

Its actually good people who say it isnt are either ignorant or havent tried it. Since using it i have told 3 trials to change spec and use this glyph and all 3 have had an increase in effective healing and all come back to me saying wow i used to think its shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaku
    Any examples ? According to ICC
    Well, my point is ICC25 does not require a "blanket" reju method of healing.
    My guild almost killed Anub 25hc, but in ICC I reach over 80% of overhealing, and my effective healing is dropping... I''m not really sure what I should do to reduce overhealing.
    not yet. Marrowgar heroic will be a resto druid's dream. His whirlwinds will leave a bleed effect similar to Leo the Blind when they hit somebody.

Festergut looks to have a ton of raid damage flying around

As does Blood-Queen Lana'thel

Not really arguing for or against the glyph. I use it for some fights, others i change it out. But we have seen 1/4 of the instance so far, it is way too early to be making pronouncements as to the healing requirements of the place.

We are always going to have a ton of overhealing, especially in the older instances that we are out gearing. That is just a mechanic of HoT healing that we can't do anything about. The HoTs have to be there ticking away no matter what. If the damage doesn't come, nothing we can do about it. Drop a healer for another DPS if you feel that there isn't enough damage going around.

The single most bottom line about this glyph.
    With = HPS but you sacrifice your main roll of most raids, that is to blanket hot the raid so u can nourish and swiftmend.

Without = More hots, that means more spot healing that keeps your raid alive.

Depending on the fight, it may better or worse.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Raid HPS is equivalent with or without.

Assuming no haste, you are rejuving 18 / 1.5 = 12 people at +0% hps for 18 seconds with either glyph

With 50% haste, you are rejuving 12 people at +50% hps (aka equivalent to 18 people) with rapid rejuv OR you are rejuving 18 people at +0% hps.

15+ Year Old Account

Been using this since day 1 and I'd say there is no definitive end-or-be-all decision in this regards. It depends mostly on how like to utilize Rejuvenation.

It pays off in situations with classical DoT situations where the gained speed of Rejuv will counteract the effect quickly. Otherwise I found it also actually reduces overhealing due to the fact that a large bulk of healing gets through before being sniped. The core reason for this glyph is however simple: Single target HPS.

The major downside is that in aura-fights it's not as ideal if you want to blanket-heal in conjunction with Swiftmend.

What remains the same for both is:

- mana consumption, whether you cast 18 times within 18 seconds or 12 times within 12 seconds is really the same.
    - overall raid HPS

I personally found the fact that there's now to ways to influence Rejuvenation's efficiency most intriguing. I haven't seen a reason to give it up yet.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

It leads to more efficient healing overall. Since rejuv counteracts dots better and more steadily, other healers don't see the drop and don't feel the need to flash heal them, which can result in overheal on their part if rejuv ticks right before, and overheal on your part with your next tick.

Yes, you're healing 18 people. But other people need to heal those 18 people too, which is an inefficient use of time/resources.

Personally i disagree, and my HPS acually went down on twins (tho we dont acually fail at orbs and let them hit people).
    Considering their aoe tick happens every 3 seconds why would you want ticks more often than that? and if your blanket hotting like, say, algalon - collapsing stars dying, surely its better to be able to blanket say 15 people instead of 10, even if those 10 do get healed slightly faster..
    It is a very situational glyph tho i do agree, and i have a stack of 20 of them + the spare glyph i use in my bags for purely that purpose. What im saying is that for predictable aoe fights unless that aoe damage is extremely intense (where you'd want 2x druids with the glyph taking 2x groups each) i dont reccomend using it.
    I agree with Ravenblade also, for marrowgar heroic where there is stacking debuffs + heavy tank damage, this will be very useful cause its better for tank healing with rapid rejuv and you can assign druids groups to blanket heal ready for bonestorm..
    Personally its all down to personal preference depending on the fight, i prefer the slower ticking hots on twins where i saw a post earlier saying someone got 17k hps with this glyph on twins (tank balls as a grouped up bunch much? or do you just go with 3-4 healers? )
    I tend to average 10-11k hps on twins without the glyph and thats with 7 healers and assigned soakers to minimise raid damage (playing it safely, still aiming for that damn immortality..)
    I say get a few of each, try them out on fights, and then switch depending on preference (or if your not using dual spec just mimic main spec but switch the glyph to save cash if your that poor :P )
    ~Stayv.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Stayven
    Personally i disagree, and my HPS acually went down on twins (tho we dont acually fail at orbs and let them hit people).
    Considering their aoe tick happens every 3 seconds why would you want ticks more often than that? and if your blanket hotting like, say, algalon - collapsing stars dying, surely its better to be able to blanket say 15 people instead of 10, even if those 10 do get healed slightly faster..
    It is a very situational glyph tho i do agree, and i have a stack of 20 of them + the spare glyph i use in my bags for purely that purpose. What im saying is that for predictable aoe fights unless that aoe damage is extremely intense (where you'd want 2x druids with the glyph taking 2x groups each) i dont reccomend using it.
    I agree with Ravenblade also, for marrowgar heroic where there is stacking debuffs + heavy tank damage, this will be very useful cause its better for tank healing with rapid rejuv and you can assign druids groups to blanket heal ready for bonestorm..
    Personally its all down to personal preference depending on the fight, i prefer the slower ticking hots on twins where i saw a post earlier saying someone got 17k hps with this glyph on twins (tank balls as a grouped up bunch much? or do you just go with 3-4 healers? )
    I tend to average 10-11k hps on twins without the glyph and thats with 7 healers and assigned soakers to minimise raid damage (playing it safely, still aiming for that damn immortality..)

I say get a few of each, try them out on fights, and then switch depending on preference (or if your not using dual spec just mimic main spec but switch the glyph to save cash if your that poor :P )
    ~Stayv.
    in my 25 togc we run with 2 druids and we are assigned groups so for me i heal grp 2+3, this makes rapid rejuv alot better than normal rejuv. Combined with WG and the time when i have to BS + tranq my group 17k hps is easily achieveable. I agree that in some encounters it may be poor but normal rejuv glyph? im not gna get a heal off when someone is under 50% because that will have been sniped by a good shaman or priest in any raid group. If they arent healing the bulk of it there not doing their job.

I personally hate nourish for raid healing my top 3 heals are either rejuv, wg, LB or rejuv, wg, regrowth. Regrowth + LB being cast on all tanks at all times.

Staying on topic.

Rapid rejuv's increased effective healing is because we get 2 or 3 ticks off instead of one if any. With the gear im aiming for i have about 810 haste specced 18/0/53. My rejuv total duration will be about 9.5-10.5 seconds thats like 1.2seconds per tick? Because of our raid setup im not needed to blanket 15 or more people because im assigned to groups and keep WG on melee or something for splash damage so in my situation this glyph is a godsend. I agree siuational but so far ive had no problems at all and i find myself doing very well in all encounters.

Bad maths...

At haste cap, your rejuv will be 12s, and have a tick period of 2s. You wish it was 1.2.

For future reference, again...

Rejuv duration: 18 / (1 + haste%)
    Rejuv tick: 3 / (1 + haste%)

18 / (1 + .5) = 12
    3 / (1 + .5) = 2

10+ Year Old Account

my rejuv duration is at 12.5 seconds with 550 haste no raid buffs..

does it cap off somewere?

100% bullshit.

12.5s rejuv = 44% haste

10+ Year Old Account

want me to SS it for u?

im sitting here no buffs just 18/0/53 spec with 554 haste from gear my rejuvs last between 12-13 seconds, i will fricken fraps it if u want im not bullshitting u mate!

Your haste from gear = 16.89%

Assuming you have Gift of the Earthmother and Celestial Focus, your total haste unbuffed is:

1.1689*1.03*1.1 = 1.3244 = 32.44%

With 32.44% haste, your Rapid Rejuv duration is:

18/1.3244 = 13.59 seconds

10+ Year Old Account

thanks for doing the maths,

my timer looks a bit different it may not take into account the first 0.5-1 second of the rejuv and i should have accomadated for that. What i want to know will our rejuvs cap off at 12 seconds so 2 seconds per tick or can it go lower?

It can go lower. I suspect the cap is 1 sec per tick.