some ideas with my dps

Here is my spec/gear
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...m&n=Mortindris
    Im not to sure what is going wrong i cant get pass a 4k-4.5k dps and Ive seen hunters hit 7k+ and we have the same spec and i don't understand what im doing wrong so if u can give me some pointers i'm open to ideas

Re: some ideas with my dps

maybe you're not doing your rotation properly?
    There's A "Hardmode" In My Pants, And I Want You To "Beat" It.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    • [li]I will track down anyone mentioning an emulated server/sandbox on my forums, find where he lives, and steal all his left shoes.[/li]

sup sup. Ex ED'er here (Zurth from Crimson Alliance). Guesing you would know Morv (My mate irl).

Basically a few things;

- Head: Get t9 head.

- Upgrade all gems to Epic Agi.... and for teh most part gem PURE agi, except for 1 nightmare tear (+10 all stats), and
    put that in a peice which has the best socket bonus.

- Try a wolf for the buffs (Howl increasing AP).

- Aside from the obvious "get ToC25/245 gear" to improve your dps, try flasking (endless rage), and use blackened dragonfin for food buff.

- are you keeping track of stings to ensure that your serpent sting and black arrow are up all the time? I use Kharthus Hunter Timers to show me the duration of buffs and stings and rapid fire etc.

- poping rapid fire when its up.

Thats really all i can think of atm, might think of some more later, but who knows.

good luck

1.) You have an absolutely ridiculous amount of hit rating. You need 263. Every point over that is completely wasted.

2.) Related to 1, Mark of Supremacy is a terrible, terrible trinket for you. Buy a Darkmoon Card: Greatness to replace it.

3.) Your priority list should be either Kill>Explosive>Aimed>BlackArrow>Serpent>Steady or Kill>BlackArrow>Serpent>Explosive>Aimed>Steady. If it's not one of those two, you're doing it wrong.

4.) You might be better off dropping the single point in Imp AoTH and switching to Glyph of Steady Shot, particularly at your gear level. It's not killing you by any means, but I suspect that 0/15/56 might be better for you.

5.) 3/3 Hunting Party is a bit of a waste because of the way Replenishment works with Hunters. Pick up Noxious Stings and only put one or a max of 2 points into Hunting Party.

6.) Get 3/3 Spiked Collar for your pet, drop Heart of the Phoenix, and get 1/2 Bloodthirsty. Nothing in current content will kill your pet. Also, Wild Hunt is better than Shark Attack for that single point. I assume you raid with the wolf and not the bird of prey, but if not... raid with the wolf.

7.) Only gem for socket bonuses if they're 6 agility or better or you're satisfying a meta. 12 AP isn't worth it.

9.) Check your latency. If it's high, try to improve it using one of the numerous free methods or even SmoothPing. I find that my DPS varies at about a 1:1 ratio with my ping.

10.) Put epic gems in your belt.

you sure Glyph of steady shot is viable? - i havent played surv for ages, but i remember not using that often, so isnt Srp,es and KS best glyphs?

these guys gave you the main points... nightmare tear still counts as a blue gem for the meta so drop it from your legs and get another 20 agi, make the changes to your pet... and drop all that hit... you are almost double the hit cap.

Also Sshot glyph is bad for SV get the glyhps Ven mentioned.

i dont have a Sshot as a glyhp i have a hawk,Kshot,Eshot and the normal minor ones.
    Also the 2nd spec is my raiding spec not the 2nd one

Quote Originally Posted by lordwar9
    i dont have a Sshot as a glyhp i have a hawk,Kshot,Eshot and the normal minor ones.
    Also the 2nd spec is my raiding spec not the 2nd one
    Ugh, Serpent Sting Glyph is a must for any Hunter.

explosive is mostly likely a must for you, debate on when crit is over 60%, but I still think explosive is a must

third glyph varies based on gear, but gaap is Kill shot

I disagree on the 2 rotations above

Priority is (mark), kill shot, explosive shot, black arrow, serpent sting, aimed shot rapid fire before you get 2p t9

after 2pt9 Priority is (makr) kill shot explosive shot serpent sting black arrow aimed shot rapid fire

Because of the amount of ArPen on gear and the way Steady Shot scales, the Steady Shot glyph is becoming viable for many Hunters, despite being poor in the past.

Visit the EJ Hunter forum for more detail, but essentially 10% more damage becomes more and more attractive as Steady Shot increases in power thanks to ArPen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahtrim
    Ugh, Serpent Sting Glyph is a must for any Hunter.
    except BM
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

You could always try using Iceblade Arrows (if your not currently using them)

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob
    except BM
    not being specced BM is also a must for every serious raiding hunter :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinni
    not being specced BM is also a must for every serious raiding hunter :P
    not EVERY serious raiding hunter...
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win