Bugged out Gunship chest

So, in my raid, we had the Horde ship at 2%, some crap went down and people died, but a shaman Ankh'd at the last second, hopped in the cannon, and fired some shots. It ported she and the bodies back to the starting ledge, but then we got the achievement I'm On a Boat and the event was cleared. Much cheering ensued, we took the teleport to Deathbringer's Rise, and nobody can open the chest. Anyone else experience this? We all opened tickets, hoping to get it fixed. We got no badges, no loot. What do you think Blizz will do?

Re: Bugged out Gunship chest

That's a one in a million thing that happened, I doubt Blizzard will take any direct action. Rather, GM's will probably give you the loot. When my guild was clearing ToC 10 when it came out, we wiped on Anub, but at the very last second I reincarnated and zapped him to finish him off. However, I wasn't successful in throwing a heal before the DoT killed me. We ended up having to reset the place, even though Anub was dead but the webbing didn't go back up.

Yeah, I experienced a magical kill where EVERYBODY died but due to some weird ass luck and clever thinking we won. Even though we already had lost. Happens every day.

so, how will they give us the loot? They're "currently experiencing a high volume of petitions", so are we supposed to stay up all night waiting? or what?

bump bump bump
    just because I want to know, I don't particularly want to stay up all night.

Also, I'm terribly sorry for the triple post, but I'm trying to scour the official forums about this and it is listed under "known 3.3 bugs" but it doesn't say how they compensate it or fix it. Which helps me absolutely zero. If anyone can point me to a blue post on the matter I would be most appreciative. I want my Emblems!

you can log out and your ticket is still open, someone will either contact you in game when possible or by mail

The only important thing is that you can do Deathbringer now.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by mitchimitch
    you can log out and your ticket is still open, someone will either contact you in game when possible or by mail
    Yeah, but I bet that if he logs out, that ticket will surely be answeared with those standard copy paste bullshit letters the GMs always send when you're not online :P

We werent able to loot the chest on first week. Our raid leader jsut made ticket explaining everything and we got the loots week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly
    Yeah, but I bet that if he logs out, that ticket will surely be answeared with those standard copy paste bullshit letters the GMs always send when you're not online :P
    GMs can check the other characters on your account, and do so. I have, on multiple occassions, gotten whispers on an alt with a ticket open on my main.
    Mmm ele:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dark+Iron&cn=Omgimapencil

An apple a day will keep anyone away as long as you throw it hard enough.

Had a simiar issue in H AN, i put in a ticket and while offline got the response of what loot dropped off the boss, and to just open a new ticket with what to give to whom.

They check to make sure that the people you say were their for the boss kill, so dont try to be sneaky and say someone who wasnt there was just so they can get the loot

Same thing happened to me. Our tank that was supose to jump to the hordes ship dced so we tried to keep going and did everything to kill the mages and kite boss so obviously there was someone dying everytime we had to kill the mage. Finally we ended up all dead but luckyly (at least we thought that for a while) both ships were burning. We got the achievement (but we shouldnt) and everyone released and come back just to realise we actually beat the encounter but the chest couldnt be open.

I'm curios as to if you ever got loot or not. We had the EXACT same thing happen this week. The enemy ship was at about 2% and only me, a priest, and a couple melee in the cannons was alive. I DId the priest, and then we were all teleported to where the ship starts from, got the achievement I'm on a Boat, but received no badges/gold and the chest was no lootable.

I put in a ticket and everyone in the raid got 2 frost badges in the mail, but not any mention about loot. Should I put in another ticket? Will we get any loot?