Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Cataclysm Professions, Water Engine, NPCScan

So no-one else noticed that the Dancing Troll Village was now accessible?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel
    When a rare spawn enters your creaturecache, it means it can be targetted by you. When the mob window pops up, you simply click it to target and see if it's alive or dead. If dead, oh well. If alive, start looking around. If you can't see it right away, mount up and fly in one direction, while still rotating the camera all over the place. If you lose target, fly back and spamclick the popup to get it back. It only takes a few seconds to pinpoint the location that way and it really really REALLY helps having maximum view distance.

I've gotten most of my rare kills with this addon. I have only actively looked for a few of them, some I got before using the addons, most just happened to pop up on my screen while doing other stuff...
    Mount up and fly in one direction? Don't waste your time.

Land. Jade focusing lens. Mount if necessary, go in the direction it told you to go. Granted I mostly use them to help me pinpoint people in dalaran, but you know, they work just fine for this as well.

I have both Frostbitten and Bloody Rare done; as an aside, no addon is going to "help" you get those achievements done any time soon. If you never go to Storm Peaks, you'll never kill a Vyragosa, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcold
    WTB reforging the look!!!
    This!
    Engineer = Mage

Biggest possible firepower, yet they keep whining. "SPY SAPPIN' MAH SENTRY!"

15+ Year Old Account

I did... but its not really surprising as we can reach everything that isnt shielded by invisible walls - we can fly in both old continents after Cataclysm, remember? =p

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    For some odd reason, I'm really looking forward to the new water engine. Water in the game right now looks so... dull :-\

Archaeology sounds like it will be fun, combining gathering with quests and all sorts of fancy stuff. Just hope it won't feel too grindy when levelling it on multiple characters.
    hopefully it doesn't have an effect on lower end systems. like making the pretty water an option to turn off to improve performance. if not, and blizzard forsakes their low end system customers it would be such a shame to only get kind of okay looking water out of it. :-\

I don't care about graphics. Orcs look like orcs, humans look like humans, trees look like trees. Good enough.

Game play > Graphics

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK
    I don't care about graphics. Orcs look like orcs, humans look like humans, trees look like trees. Good enough.

Game play > Graphics
    Yeah you are right. I am sure you would enjoy the 3d aspect of WoW if it had the graphic engine of Castle Wolvenstein from the nineties. Having a headache after 10 minutes playing was all the rage then since it's gameplay>>>>graphics.

Deleted

That's because we already knew that...since August.
    How is it surprising anyway:P

Quote Originally Posted by thyskl
    It is (was), but the new Cataclysm races won't be receiving cities of their own. They'll have districts in their existing faction capitols. Gilneas will be a battleground.
    Incorrect. Blizzard has said on many occasions that the Goblins will have a city in Azshara. I have heard about Gilneas being a battleground, but that will be a bit unfair, the Horde having 1 more capital. I guess that is why there is speculation about Gnomeragon going back to the Gnomes. Party at my place if it is.

Actually Blizzard had stated that they will not be adding any new capitals since they don't want yet another major city that no one uses. However, the Goblins will be getting a functional city of their own. It just won't come with all the bells and whistles of a capital and will be considerably smaller. It will have a direct access route to Orgimmar. In fact, the Goblin town will most likely feel like more of an extension of the Orc capital. The Worgen will be getting their own district in Stormwind. Most likely above the Dwarven District on the map. Yet, Greymanne City will also be a functional Alliance town. It's own flight path and whatnot. There is a battleground involving Gilneas but we're probably all aware by now that battlegrounds have never had any effect nor physical manifestation on the PvE world map. Gnomeregan has been claimed to be retaken by the Gnomes only to be lost again according to an old magazine article around the time Cataclysm was first announced. There are some suggestions that the Gnomes will actually retake only a portion of Gnomeregan which will act as, once again, a functional Alliance town in that part of Dun Morogh but that the Gnomeregan instance will remain as it has been with it's own Heroic mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Kucedon
    Yeah you are right. I am sure you would enjoy the 3d aspect of WoW if it had the graphic engine of Castle Wolvenstein from the nineties. Having a headache after 10 minutes playing was all the rage then since it's gameplay>>>>graphics.
    what you forget is castle Wolfenstein had pretty good graphics for it's time. his, and my point is the number of pixels in in-game water are not a major selling point in the game for us. i mean how many games have you bought solely on how water looked like in game? and how many games have been released in the past that hyped up their "omg! it looks so real!" graphics engine, but then completely fail when it comes to gameplay?

so yes graphics are an important part of gaming, but they are no where near the importance of gameplay. because otherwise you might as well just be looking at rendered screenshots of a pretty game that you can't stand to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Varteras
    Actually Blizzard had stated that they will not be adding any new capitals since they don't want yet another major city that no one uses. However, the Goblins will be getting a functional city of their own. It just won't come with all the bells and whistles of a capital and will be considerably smaller. It will have a direct access route to Orgimmar. In fact, the Goblin town will most likely feel like more of an extension of the Orc capital. The Worgen will be getting their own district in Stormwind. Most likely above the Dwarven District on the map. Yet, Greymanne City will also be a functional Alliance town. It's own flight path and whatnot. There is a battleground involving Gilneas but we're probably all aware by now that battlegrounds have never had any effect nor physical manifestation on the PvE world map. Gnomeregan has been claimed to be retaken by the Gnomes only to be lost again according to an old magazine article around the time Cataclysm was first announced. There are some suggestions that the Gnomes will actually retake only a portion of Gnomeregan which will act as, once again, a functional Alliance town in that part of Dun Morogh but that the Gnomeregan instance will remain as it has been with it's own Heroic mode.
    Didn't Blizzard say that orgrimmar will be destroyed and the horde will get a new capital city. (There is some time since i read/watched anything about this so I might be wrong)
    incredibly stupid idea, thinking that Orgrimmar is the only used capital city used by hordes, allies got Ironforge and Stormwind, while Hordes got Orgrimmar.
    Blizzard did not mention anything about gnomeregan getting an heroic version, only shadowfang keep and deadmines.

Before we get to what I intendet to say, a litte note; Gameplay>graphics doesn't mean graphics is useless, just the fact that the gameplay is more important, and to those who don't have very good pc/ a cheap laptop as extra it would be pretty stupid if they had to buy a better PC to keep playing. Graphics is great, but should be possible to reduce if your PC isn't that epic, and gameplay is way more important (Keen, anyone). Anyho, the water looks brilliant, but kinda stupid to have all new, epic graphics on the Worgen, Goblin and water, while the humans, orcs, and so on keeps their old.

About the reforging. It's brilliant, just problem that they are removing much o' the stats (armor penetrate, defence and such). And a mayhap better alternative would be that the bosses had much higher chance dropping gear belonging to the classes in the group, so there won't just drop hunter gear all the time, especially when you lack hunters.
    For the monkeys, and for all the rum in the world

I think they should have update the Water Engine with WotLK, while they updated the other graphics.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    The only new glyph we are ready to announce right now is the Glyph of Divine Shield, which reduces the cast time of your Hearthstone whenever Divine Shield is active.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumps
    NPCscan isn't that useful. Yeah you know that there was a mob inside a huge area, but you still have to find it - and often someone else has killed it first.
    You dont know what you are talking about Mrs.

I personally used this addon to finish off the Outland rare achiv in 3 days time. Northrend took 3 months. Its extremley usefull. The last 3 mobs took me 1 month.
    Vyragosa being the last I killed. Shes hard to get on my server especially cause of TLPD camping.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gottalot
    You dont know what you are talking about Mrs.

I personally used this addon to finish off the Outland rare achiv in 3 days time. Northrend took 3 months. Its extremley usefull. The last 3 mobs took me 1 month.
    Vyragosa being the last I killed. Shes hard to get on my server especially cause of TLPD camping.
    Yeah its very usefull, gladly got both tlpd and vyragosa by accident, kinda like "whopsie whats that flying there" i know ppl will hate me for that so what, i find that one in Nexus place hard to get and those in basin : /
    Zenlyth
    Blue Poster
    "freedom of speech", unfortunately, does not belong in the World of Warcraft environment.

YAY REFORGING AND PATH OF THE TITANS!
    lol.
    I'm going for Str and "survivability" bonuses.

So, they update the water... but not the character models. I know it's Cataclysm but come on! Give us an update and an option to select old vs new models.
    "Blizz hates Horde, just look at AV, Racial's, and SW Harbor"

Oh yeah? Horde has a f**king Rock Band...