Fire mage questions

hey

i've been levelling a mage mainly as frost... i wanna give fire a try.

Basicly i do the following...

LB -> Scorch -> Fireball / Pyro
    Should i start out with Scorch... ? and am i correct that they changed it so i only have to keep it up and not apply stacks ? seems so from talent.

AOE
    Here i normally just flamestrike / blizzard or do LB on targets if they dont die too fast.
    Is it useful to use downranked flamestrike and apply that as well, think ive read that somewhere.

Glyphs
    Molten armor
    Fireball
    Living bomb

are there any better choices ?

cheers

Deleted

Re: Fire mage questions

Quote Originally Posted by Highangel
    Should i start out with Scorch... ? and am i correct that they changed it so i only have to keep it up and not apply stacks ? seems so from talent.
    That is correct. One application of scorch is enough.

AOE Here i normally just flamestrike / blizzard or do LB on targets if they dont die too fast.
    Is it useful to use downranked flamestrike and apply that as well, think ive read that somewhere.
    I have read about using a lower rank Flamestrike, but to me it seems like more of a hassle and a waste of a GCD which you could have used aplying another LB or even a free pyroblast.

Glyphs
    Molten armor
    Fireball
    Living bomb
    No

Re: Fire mage questions

Keep casting Living Bomb unless you expect the mob to die before it explodes.
    Then just Blizzard them down.

Lazy man's AoE. Almost as effective as whatever the best AoE rotation is.

Really the "best" AoE rotation highly depends on your spec (do you have Firestarter? Shatter?), the number of mobs there are, and how much longer the fight will last. It's not worth stressing about too much.