Mages and spirit

I need some advice. I'm an arcane Mage. The last few weeks my guilds loot council has passed me up on some upgrades because they had spirit on them and I was told spirit does nothing for me. It seems the way alot of the gear is itemized that the pieces that have alot of haste also have spirit. As an arcane Mage, I thought haste was better than crit rating so those pieces seemed better. I understand they are generalized as healer items but am I wrong in thinking they are useful for me?I know spirit isn't totally useless for mages because of things like molten armor. Basically I just want to know if I am better off just taking the "classic dps caster" gear with hit rating, crit and spell power and mixing in what haste I can get or am I right in thinking those items are viable dps pieces for me?

Re: Mages and spirit

Tell your loot council they need not to be ignorant to what stats benefit what classes. Although you get benefits from spirit it is not something you would go out of your way to get. There are plenty of pieces out there that are BiS for mages that have spirit on them.

I am curious to what piece of gear it was.

Lol they call spirit a healer stat? Jesus. Spriests, moonkins, warlocks, and mages all gain dps from spirit. It's not ideal for any spec mage, but our best in slot gear for every patch since 3.0 has had spirit gear in it. Tell them to put soomebody intelligent on their council, ffs.

Bone sentinels amulet and frozen bonespike

Quote Originally Posted by Chyllz
    Bone sentinels amulet and frozen bonespike
    You got scammed.

You joined a guild that has "loot council" and all they do is figure out ways to screw their raiders and pass the loot to their friends.

It's okay, just /gquit. Stop being a sucker and /gquit.

Frozen Bonespike is the BiS mage weapon outside of ToGC. According to maxdps.com.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Loklar
    You got scammed.

You joined a guild that has "loot council" and all they do is figure out ways to screw their raiders and pass the loot to their friends.

Frozen Bonespike is the BiS mage weapon outside of ToGC. According to maxdps.com.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50068

gief
    also, all i look at spirit if i see it is, x 0.55 to get crit rating, which ain't world's best either for arcane mages.

also loklar -->www.codeplex.com/rawr
    not going to say that all is 100% correct, but u can see the differences.
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

Quote Originally Posted by Loklar
    You got scammed.

Rigormortis is definitely better if you can find a way to need the hit, which I'm sure you can since rigormortis is BiS with heroic mode loot included (but no arthas).

Bonespike is also above Mortalis for me in Rawr. This is with 2pc T9 ofc.

My point still stands.

Also he's arcane. It'd be an achievement by itself if Hit was a good stat for him.

Hit Cap *7% as arcane alliance, 8% as Arcane horde. This includes shadow priest* > SP > Haste > Crit > Int > Spi

Spirit is virtually useless in a way, though it shouldn't mean you shouldn't grab it at all. If you had virtually 0 spirit, you'd have 0% bonus crit from molten armor. *WTB OLD MOLTEN ARMOR!!!!!!!!*

Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile

Obvious troll is always obvious...
    rly fail time for it.......
    he did ask for help....

What he failed to mention is that he was MIA for 1.5 months and had just come back. And the fact that 8 other people put in for the same item. I can't justify handing someone ICC25 loot when they have been gone. Not when the others that were there had put the time in while he was off with a new girlfriend.

And FYI Loklar, Chyllz is a RL friend. Noone has been scammed.