Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Need on frozen orb in cross-server heroics?

This isn't a big deal really. Don't even try to say that you NEED it to make your icy prism, you don't. You just want it to make gold, which makes it an act of greed.
    I know, the whole need/greed term is a bit off in wow, since you don't need anything for your char to survive. It's not as if it'll starve if you don't win a roll on that piece
    of ham.
    Personally, I greed regardless. I've got half a stack sitting in my bags for days when I bother taking the trip to the bank for gems to make a prism. My only reason to
    need on it would be if someone who got on my nerves during the run presses need or tries to con by rolling last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

For some reason I felt compelled to register to reply to this post.

Generally I pass. But sometimes I greed if I didn't get anything from the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Vevilair
    I take them for Icy Prisms. If you REALLY care about your 5g, I feel bad for you.
    personally i dont care about em, someone needs who cares. but the fact that you chastise those that do when you need on em, means you care about the 5g just as much as they do. so stop.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bathazar
    They sell for about 10g on my server. It's really no big deal when I don't win.

Nobody even makes stuff that need them anymore, I mean you can need it but why not just greed if everyone else is
    Jewelcrafters use them for their daily icy prism cooldown, so I've found them useful for that. I win enough just by automatically greeding that I've got way more than enough to last several weeks, and they're cheap on the AH anyway.

As someone already said they are also used in LW leg-armors.

Pre-cross realm I normally took a look at what others did and did the same. But now on the crossrealm I just hit need fast and then the others can follow my lead.
    It's not illegal to be dumb.. Yet..!

I find it to be the standard policy to just need them. Turns out in most groups someone will just wait until everyone finishes rolling before they need or greed. This way, if someone needed, they could need as well and have an equal chance at getting it. In one such situation every single person in my group was waiting to roll on the orb which gave us all a good laugh.

From now on I need the orb right off the bat. That why, if anyone actually cares about it, they roll need as well and if they don't... I get another frozen orb for my Jewelcrafting when someone else was going to sell it for only five or ten gold... :/

I used to greed them, since that was what happened on our server, but after enough random LFG heroics I have started needing them, since there is generally at least one other person who dies, usually after everyone else has greeded. They vendor for a decent amount.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

How about everyone just "NEED" it. Then this no sense problem will be solve. ;D

15+ Year Old Account

On my server everyones needing since my first heroic.
    Druid since Feb. 06

Quote Originally Posted by Xe4ro
    On my server everyones needing since my first heroic.
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

I always wondered if there is an addon that shows me what people selected for each item.
    Sure I can read the chat but that would be 3x5 lines in Heroics + other spam I have to read or 2-4 x 25 or 10 Lines + Spam I have to read in Raids.

So, is there an addon that shows me the loot that is currently beeing rolled for and what other people selected ?

Was always greed on my server, then I noticed some X realm people needing all the time which was annoying, so then I decided to need to and got bashed ^^

the majority of blackrockians roll need just cause we can...

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

Shadowsong-EU greeds.

Or at least it used to. Now I believe we need just to make sure we don't miss out.
    Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    The wings are spot on for horse anatomy though.

10+ Year Old Account

Everyone should need on the item. That way everyone will be in the chance to get the item. If people roll for greed then there will be a high chance that someone will roll need and your greed roll is worthless.

To all you people that roll need, seriously? You really need that 5g frozen orb that bad?

who the fuck cares, why make a useless post about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodkah
    To all you people that roll need, seriously? You really need that 5g frozen orb that bad?
    no, just another reason to piss off the majority of people who have your attitude

Quote Originally Posted by Shmiles
    who the fuck cares, why make a useless post about this.
    QFT

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there