Why am I taking so much dmg as a tank?

I have been tanking as an 80 druid for awhile now and was wondering why i am taking so much dmg? I did have alot of 10agl + 15 stam gems but had alot of people say i was gemming wrong. So now i switched them. I know that they are only 24 stam gems now but where those are is what were 10 agl 15 stam. Did I make a mistake. Also is there something that im doing wrong? I always have Demo shout and use barkskin when not on CD. Any assistance would be appreciated. Also I am currently working on getting my T9 Chest and emblem ring and trinket. Thx

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lerSpiritSquad

Re: Why am I taking so much dmg as a tank?

Also just to let everyone know, I have not started raiding yet.

Well what fights do you take so much dmg? in what raid or is it in the new 5man heroics?
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodfeather&n=Bananaface

Seconded, need a context.

Other than that, you should've stuck with the Agi/Stam gems. It makes no sense to say that you'd be taking less damage with straight Stam gems. You'll just be able to take more hits before you need heals, which is not what you're describing as your problem.

Berserking on your weapon is bad. That's a DPS enchant, nothing else.

A lot of your gear could use upgrades (even from emblems gear) and you're using PvP gear, but I know you said you're trying to replace some of it. And it's not like any single piece of gear is terrible enough to explain you taking too much damage.

So, yeah, more info plox.

I notice like in HFOS I get hit pretty hard. All the old content its not bad at all. I can pull multiple groups at once. Do you see anything wrong though with my gear or gems? I guess im just really frustrated. Also I do only 5 man content until i get my T9 pieces and then I was going to start raiding.

I did have Mongoose but i was running into a problem with generating threat. So I added that to help with threat. That is another issue but I am going to start working on getting a better weapon. Alot of the guys I run with push 4k + easy in 5 mans so it makes it alittle difficult to keep the hate. I think that is why i am alittle scared to walk into a raid at the moment

Well even in my gear I can drop really low in the new 5man's especially in HoR the dmg taken is insane, for that to deminish its just getting better gear. going full stam is idd better than agi/stam unless you are a manasponge.

All bears suffer low TPS in 5mans since you dont generate that much rage in there, in raids you'll see your TPS skyrocket since you wont be rage starving that much.

And ye get mongoose like the other guy said^^ and just try to improve your gear wherever you can, but don't be afraid to join a raid, all normal modes dont require insane gear and imo your gear will do fine.
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodfeather&n=Bananaface

Also if this helps, i do 5 mans with a group of friends and the make is normally: Priest(Healer), Mage, Pally(DPS), War(DPS) and a Lock. All 3 DPS most of the time 4k+ in the 5 mans. My biggest pain point is locks. He catches me fast on the threat meter. All the ICC 5 man content except HPOS doesnt bother me its the other 2 that I feel i just get rocked.

Sounds good, thank you for your imput. Raiding makes me feel better now. Ill keep working on the gear.

Death Knights and Druids take quite a bit more damage in 5 mans than the shield classes.

In raids it's not as noticeable because not as much of the large hits are mitigated by block, but the way shield block works makes it so the small hits trash does in 5 mans are almost completely mitigated by a pally or warr, whereas you only have dodge, and a dk only has parry and dodge and therefore you'll be taking alot of unmitigated damage.

10+ Year Old Account

Defense... Cap...

Are they walking behind you? There is a bug currently that some mobs will randomly walk behind you and thus cause extra damage as you can't dodge,etc.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedda
    I did have Mongoose but i was running into a problem with generating threat. So I added that to help with threat. That is another issue but I am going to start working on getting a better weapon. Alot of the guys I run with push 4k + easy in 5 mans so it makes it alittle difficult to keep the hate. I think that is why i am alittle scared to walk into a raid at the moment
    Mongoose also helps TPS through increased crit (from the agi) and haste. Judging from Rawr the difference between Mongoose and Berserking is minimal on TPS, but Mongoose doesn't cause an armor reduction.

Also based on Rawr, your current TPS self-buffed only and with Mongoose would be 4.5-4.6k, which is more than enough to deal with 4k DPS. Remember that DPS classes have either built-in reduced threat or can spec into it. Few exceptions like Hunter can just FD, and they can MD too. Rogues should ToT you.

Try to find out what is hurting you so bad in FoS. If it was PoS I'd say it's those corruptors and their 15k shadow bolts, but I can't remember anything in FoS that hurts noticeably hard. Maybe your DPS doesn't know about the last boss' Mirrored Soul and you happened to have it cast on you?

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedda
    Also if this helps, i do 5 mans with a group of friends and the make is normally: Priest(Healer), Mage, Pally(DPS), War(DPS) and a Lock. All 3 DPS most of the time 4k+ in the 5 mans. My biggest pain point is locks. He catches me fast on the threat meter. All the ICC 5 man content except HPOS doesnt bother me its the other 2 that I feel i just get rocked.
    Make sure that Warlock knows how and when to Soulshatter. If it's an AoE pull and he goes gun-ho on SoC then you'll lose aggro but there's just nothing you can do. Let him know to slow down if that's the case, or let him die.

Quote Originally Posted by Barthos
    Defense... Cap...
    You fail at bears. -.-

Defense... Cap...
    Behold, Survival of the Fittest.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Althraniir
    now i kno why i dont play druids...

Defense... Cap...
    Fail.

Reminds me of the rogue who didn't know what Tricks of the Trade was and that he had it and the Warrior who didnt know what Vigilance was and that he had it

Try gemming all agi, or str even.

I know I run 5 mans in full cat gear/spec. I have the problem of taking a decent amount of damage, but it's nothing unmanageable. I also don't lose threat when I'm pulling 4-5k or more.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Try gemming all agi, or str even.
    All Agi, maybe. I would recommend Agi/Stam though, but meh.

Gemming Str, however? Definitely not. The AP will increase Savage Defense but the difference will be so small it isn't worth it.

stop holding the aggro and you won't take any damage at all!

But seriously, the bear "block" comes from crits. Because of that agility is the best stat for heroics and the easy raids.