Disc Craftable Gear Choices.

Hey guys, I'm just about to level (or rather, in the process of leveling) a priest for lolz, and I'm wondering about the gear choices as far as craftables go.

Merlin's Robe VS Royal Moonshroud Robe

Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers VS Royal Moonshroud Bracers

Leggings of Woven Death VS Lightweave Leggings

Cord of the White Dawn and Sandals of Consecration are easy to guess due to the other craftables of their level having hit, but I'm not sure about how Disc goes with haste and spirit.

I've also read tid-bits of a haste "softcap" which is due to (I'm guessing) borrowed time. How much haste should I am for when I gear it (once it hits 80)?

Sorry for the newbie questions but I'm so used to shamans not dealing with spirit it gets me as to how you guys decide :<

Re: Disc Craftable Gear Choices.

As disc, my rule of thumb is that 1 spirit = 0.4 MP5 with full raidbuffs. When given a choice between spirit and non-spirit gear, go for the non-spirit choice, but don't be afraid to take the gear with spirit if it is an upgrade. Spirit will never be much good as discipline, but - you cannot avoid the stat altogether. So don't be afraid of it; any spirit taken will increase the efficiency of your intellect stat as well as giving regen. It's just slightly subpar at the job. But any way you look at it, a balance between int and spirit is good.

Still. If you need regen, aim for MP5 (at low gear levels) or Intellect (at high gear levels) if you have a choice in the matter. Intellect is the best regen stat for a discpriest, but MP5 is likely to outperform it in the beginning. Sooner or later however, you will not be needing regen anymore. Disc is nice like that, you outgrow your need for manaregen quite fast. In this case, stack throughput for all it is worth.

Ultimately, either of your listed choices are great, just pick the one you can afford. You can heal heroics and raids just fine with either.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

For shieldspamming the 13%haste 'softcap' is enough, however u will do more then shieldspamming depending on fights so haste is an atractive stat since all your casts benefit from it. In my opinion take the pieces with haste on them because u wil benefit more from haste then u wil from spirit, if u need regen that badly gem more intellect.

15+ Year Old Account

Merlin, Bej and Woven Death.

15+ Year Old Account

"Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    Merlin, Bej and Woven Death.
    I'd agree with this. As Disc we are always trying to give up regen for throughput, even secondary stats that we scale with relatively poorly are still superior to spare mana at the end of the fight.