Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: oculus pops too much

did anyone else read this as "oculus poops too much" and expected an interesting thread?
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

i'd rather to occ than cos

that place takes forever
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

Yesterday, I took two groups into the Oculus, both on my Mage.

First group seemed to steamroll, no one left. We waxed first boss and swept one platform clean without a sweat. The only issue was that our tank demanded he be on a Ruby drake, I and the healer take Emerald and the other two an Amber. I wanted a Ruby for the Experienced Drake Rider and told him we'd be ok with at least one Ruby, one Emerald and the rest wouldn't matter. Then we moved to the central ring and cleared the first group. After that, things went wrong: our healer mounted up again (?) while the rest of the group - unaware of the healers' move - charged the next group. Two people died on the fight, which is when we realised our healer was getting blown to bits on his drake, because he managed to aggro a few other Drakes. When we asked what he was doing, he simply left the group. Next healer immediately dropped as well. The Hunter in our group was groupleader and didn't queue up right away, which caused our tank to go bitching. The Hunter gave the tank the groupleadership, cursed at him and left as well. That was when the group fell apart, not even reaching the second boss.

On my second run that day we immediately had to replace three people, but the replacements stayed till the end. We had two undergeared people, who had never been to the Oculus before, but eager to try. We swept through the dungeon fast, quick instructions on how to do what on the Eregos fight and with one of the undergeared people tanking Eregos, we simply blew him apart. Easy win, and those two gained the achievement for killing him in due time.

It's all in the mind set. It's a quick dungeon when everyone puts his shoulders under it. But I hate it because you simply cannot depend on everyone having the same motivations.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by PvE_Mage
    seriously, I have done oculus now more than ever since the LK expansion came out.
    for this reason I have decided to not do a single oculus ever again. FUCK IT !

Oculus has a habit of popping more than once a day; if you leave group it'll pop again.

therefore, you must get saved to it !!

when oculus pops, go until first boss, then leave.
    Get the hell over it. Ocu is incredibly easy.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm a tank and everytime I get Oculus I leave the group. I hate that place with a passion. 9 times out of 10 I got there people don't know what they're doing. So now I just eat the lock out penalty and move on. Blizzard just needs to get rid of that place.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Quote Originally Posted by select20
    I'm a healer/dps and everytime I get Oculus I leave the group. I hate that place with a passion. 9 times out of 10 I got there people don't know what they're doing. So now I just eat the lock out penalty and move on. Blizzard just needs to get rid of that place.
    Identical opinion on my behalf, just changed a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal
    You say that random dungeon system is random, but it is not entirely. Unfortunately, the dungeons you'll get most often depend on your gear and the other people's gear. I get Oculus on my paladin once or twice a day, but I got it once on my druid. Once.

Also, of course it's easy, but it's not fun and it's annoying. I got Oculus today with two people who have never done it and two people who were idiots. We spent five minutes after the first boss talking about the drakes. I was tanking and the conversation went something like this:

Hasn't Done It 1: Which drake do I get?
    Dumb Idiot 1: DPS gets the bronze drake.
    Dumb Idiot 2: No one's getting red?
    Me: I have red.
    Dumb Idiot 1: The tank should have red.
    Me: The healer gets green, the tank gets red, the three DPS get bronze.
    Hasn't Done It 2 (is the healer on a bronze drake): Oh /flies down to get green
    Hasn't Done It 1: I can't get a drake
    Dumb Idiot 2: Why doesn't the tank have red?
    Me: I have red
    Dumb Idiot 1: The tank should have red, the healer green, and the DPS bronze. Tank get a red drake!
    Me: This is true and it's what's happening. I am on a red drake.
    Dumb Idiot 2: Who has a red drake?
    Me: I have a red drake.
    Dumb Idiot 1: We aren't using a red drake?
    Me: ...

etc etc in that fashion.

The two people who hadn't done Oculus were unable to understand their abilities. They also didn't understand that the drakes were just for flying around until the last boss, even though we told them.

We explained every fight for the people who hadn't been here yet. The DPS who hadn't done it before ended up standing on top of frost bomb until he died from the DoT, after we explained not to stand on it (took about a minute and a half for him to die, this was after the boss was dead). I told him "great job killing yourself," and he obviously got all uppity and was like "I'm sorry I don't know what I'm doing I haven't been here before," and both me and another guy told him that we told him not to stand on frost bomb and that his death would have been avoidable if he had moved.

Once we got to the last boss, we spent 3-4 minutes explaining how each person uses their abilities and what do do during phase shift. I told the healer to watch his own health because healing others drained his health. He died after the second phase shift and the only reason we didn't wipe is because I had aggro and was competent enough to pop evasion every cooldown and take no damage until the Ley Guardian was dead. The lock also had his drake die and had been DPSing the Ley Guardian from the ground, and thought that our success was entirely his doing.

This is why I hate Oculus.
    No, this is why you hate fail people. They are the same people that do sub 1k dps in 232 gear. Fail is fail. The dungeon doesn't matter.

Download my UI here: Barretta UI

Ive done it about 20 times since RHG (random heroic generator!) came out, havent wiped once and generally doesnt take too long. First week or so people would always leave but i think people finally came around.

Always annoyed me because i liked it when it came out, one of my favourite instances. Just no one else did.
    Guess not being able to compensate for badness with gear makes things too tough for people.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by PvE_Mage
    seriously, I have done oculus now more than ever since the LK expansion came out.
    for this reason I have decided to not do a single oculus ever again. FUCK IT !
    You sir, are the reason this occurs. Please stop contributing to the issue, or stfu with the whining.

first of all, yes occulus is a very easy instance (even was before 3.3)
    the drakes only have 3 abilities (may be one more than most pug players use but... meh)

but i also really dislike this instance... dunno why

maybe its just bad luck but it also pops for me very often (collected ~1000 trimuph badges since 3.3 via pug system)

2 days ago: occculus -> /leave -> after 15min occulus again -> /leave -> hos
    yesterday: occulus -> /leave -> occulus again (THE FUCK ?) -> /leave -> hos (lol)
    today: occulus (JEEZ...) -> hos

pug system hates me

Quote Originally Posted by nethariel.
    the drakes only have 3 abilities (may be one more than most pug players use but... meh)

maybe its just bad luck but it also pops for me very often (collected ~1000 trimuph badges since 3.3 via pug system)

yesterday: occulus -> /leave -> occulus again (THE FUCK ?) -> /leave -> hos (lol)

pug system hates me
    and other people hate you cause of leaving...really can't stand when it happens to me

I have farmed 4 t9 and a trinket and have around 30 badges ón my alt done the same ón my main and have only been in oculus 1 time so it must be bad luck if u get it All the time

and other people hate you cause of leaving...really can't stand when it happens to me
    won't matter cause my pool is really crowded and as a dd my spot will be refilled in a sec

won't matter cause my pool is really crowded and as a dd my spot will be refilled in a sec
    ...by someone who hates occulus just as much as you do because it comes up so often, and leaves too.

Occulus is fine, if the people in your group aren't dribblers.

When the people in the group know what they're doing, you'll complete it in 10 mins, if not...
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

Quote Originally Posted by twrule
    ...by someone who hates occulus just as much as you do because it comes up so often, and leaves too.
    maybe i'm just remembering wrong but if you get invitied to a dungeon already running (the situation another dps will get in when i leave) won't he get a window with "you now can join dungeon xy 0/3 bosses dead" instead of the normal "enter random dungeon" thing?

got this one time for "forge of souls with 0/2 bosses dead, wanna join ?"
    or maybe this was just a dream lol

pug system hates me
    For the record, as has been stated many times, the reason you see Oculus so much is because people like you leave it immediately.

When you leave Oculus, if that group chooses to press on, they are pushed to the front of the queue; thus, anyone that gets picked next to fill your spot is getting put into the already existing group rather than getting put with other random people to make a new group.In short, it's likely that at least 2 or 3 of the times you got Oculus, you were someone picked to fill a gap in that group created by someone else leaving.

Like a couple of days ago, I got H Oculus. 2 of the 3 dps left immediately.... the 2 that replaced them left... and the 2 that replaced *them* left. One of the next 2 that joined stayed, the other left, and then we finally got a dps to stick it out. That's seven people that were cycled through our group because people kept leaving. So yeah, to them it's probably "Oculus pops too much, Blizzard sucks." To us, it was "wow, can we please get someone to stick around the whole 13 minutes it will take to finish this run?"

Edit: Not really trying to disparage you as much as my first sentence made it sound... I really probably should have used different phrasing ("people like you" was more aggressive than I meant it to sound). Still, the rest of my points stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    did anyone else read this as "oculus poops too much" and expected an interesting thread?
    I did, It was totally worth reading it thanks to your comment

15+ Year Old Account

It's really fast, really easy and really booooooring and I don't think people go to Ocu more often then any other HC, but just because it annoys them it looks like it does. Personally, I get alot of DTK/GDK and especially HoS runs.

screw OCC had it again last night breezed thru no issues but i cant stand the damn place
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg