Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Disc Priest Lf advice

I do agree about renew. It's a waste of mana for disc, and even most holy priests I know don't like using it.

Quote Originally Posted by smeedsc

I totally agree, and i'm not saying I havent casted a greater in my time nor specced into it on occasion.

right now I havent seen a fight since oh god... I dont even remember, that I would need to.

the mechanics of the game just cause most of it to go to overheal. also remember the more you are flashing and casting penance the more you are critting. my flashes crit 10k in raid. my greaters heal for what maybe 11-12k? now at 44 percent raid crit buffed, i"m picking up those swings in boss fights, the shit that would drop a tank suddenly becomes nothing because of the shields stacked and the quick heal incoming. if it were a long mana drain, or I didnt have pallys and shammys spamming into the tanks i'd probably agreee with greater. again though, renew flat out sucks for disc.
    Err what? Guess your Gheal crits without the grace buff on because those proportion's are way off.

Renew isn't a wasted spell. There are times you don't need it. When people have Weakened Soul, when tanks are full at HP and there's no spiky damage there is no reason whatsoever not to cast the Renew, or as it's been mentioned previously - when you need to heal the tank and some others and other healers are dead.

Also, saying a Renew is wasted for HOLY priest is plainly stupid, there's no other explanation for it. A holy priest easily achieves 7.5k hps with using Renew, PoM, CoH + SoL procs (without Prayer of Healing at all) at Twins Heroic. So much for Renew being bad (for holy).

its my opinion that flash owns greaters and renews. because it achieves what we are made to do in wrath, mitigate massive incoming damage if tank healing.
    Completely false. If you played wrath from the start, you'd know what changes have been done to Disc.
    Also, your "role" is burst healing and effective HP increase via shields / Aegis. You not only prevent damage, you heal it extremely fast thus saving that one or two important raid members (tank, healer, yourself, whatever).

Thinking that disc priest is made for tank healing is really silly. You can "aoe" heal just fine. Two paladins can easily keep two tanks alive during every single encounter in wrath. You can pair a disc priest in that setup and ease up the damage on the raid (such as 2x pally, 1x disc, 2x druid at twins heroic for example).

Also, saying 11% is "soft" cap is plainly retarded and using other peoples' thoughts and words. You don't have borrowed time up all the time.
    I'll try to stress it out: YOU DO NOT HAVE BORROWED TIME UP ALL THE TIME.

Getting more haste never hurts, especially for disc priests. Not casting greater heals claiming flash heals do more is also dumb. You won't crit all the time and you rely on critting (what I can see from your posts). Greater heal is guaranteed 12k healing.
    If you healed in TBC you probably pre-casted greater heals.

There is time and place for every heal we have. Excluding certain heals and claiming you are right is complete and utter fail. Relying on critting is failure also, it is not stable.

Gemming int / spellpower or pure spellpower is the way to go for disc priest, just to conclude the whole debate.

first part. you are bad.

I pull 9-11k easy on H twins with pom coh and holy nova. and one shot it. kkthx bye. this was a disc priest thread not a holy one.

second. gemmiing int or pure spellpower is foolish if you arent using the int. I can cast nonstop and not go oom. really cd management and a good raid team, and the content, well prior to this ICC ez mode shit required it.

so finally, i have to say, that contrary to what you think, renew is a shit heal for a disc priest. you shouldnt be casting it, there are better heals to use in a 25 man raid, and casting it usually means you are bad. besides a special case of one or two casts.

thanks.

edit, I know about changes made, I healed tbc, I played vanilla for chris' sake, but the point is what works now. and what your saying is wrong.
    geez. Ego? Me, myself , I , you are bad, doing it wrong etc etc and another etc.
    Point is what causes the trouble here is you're trying to convince others to copy your playstyle.

On topic: Renew is imba

first part. you are bad.

I pull 9-11k easy on H twins with pom coh and holy nova. and one shot it. kkthx bye. this was a disc priest thread not a holy one.

second. gemmiing int or pure spellpower is foolish if you arent using the int. I can cast nonstop and not go oom. really cd management and a good raid team, and the content, well prior to this ICC ez mode shit required it.

so finally, i have to say, that contrary to what you think, renew is a shit heal for a disc priest. you shouldnt be casting it, there are better heals to use in a 25 man raid, and casting it usually means you are bad. besides a special case of one or two casts.

thanks.

edit, I know about changes made, I healed tbc, I played vanilla for chris' sake, but the point is what works now. and what your saying is wrong.
    I'm too old to be reading some random moron using classic wow-related flame - "you are bad". It's you who actually sucks but you are too blind to see further from your own little bubble.
    Also, do yourself a favor and try to read. I heard it's being taught in elementary school.

I won't bother trying to explain anything, just don't give out retardedly stupid advices and resume being carried by your guild.

How can you even say that Flash Heal owns Greater Heal anyway? If talented, Greater Heal IS MORE HPS no matter what. It just is, end of story, it's mathematically impossible for it not to be more HPS than Flash Heal.. That's with Crits & Divine Aegis taken into account, too.

Spamming GCD capped Flash Heals is bad tank healing.. When you could instead be using the wasted haste on even faster Greater Heals.

Of course if you're not often doing tank healing then it's not necessary to talent Greater Heal cast time; this has been stated several times already - why do you bash something after saying that you agree?

"Yes, Renew has it's uses and I'm not saying I never cast it" - 2 seconds later "Renew is shit and anyone that uses it is a bad priest"..

I guess hypocrisy is cool.

Also, "1 second flashes critting like mad, might not be as mana efficient" - Flash Heal is more mana efficient than Greater Heal by miles - thats why it's a trade-off between mana efficiency and healing output between Flash Heal & Greater Heal, even while talented, Greater Heal is less HpM than Flash Heal - but it's a f***load more HPS. If you can't realise this, that is because of your "but people theorycraft and thats bad" - how can you argue with numbers when the game's mechanics are based on numbers?

Math proves that Greater Heal is more HPS than Flash Heal - if you're going to argue with that by saying "But my gut feeling says no!" then I'm just going to leave this thread and laugh..
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Okay, so, lets see, again I'm going to actually back up my statements unlike some..

The good old ToC10 log

Check out the Healing by Spell tab, and look at the overhealing numbers.

Greater Heal only overheals, yeah? Totally dude.

Also, why so fucking Black & White in your way of thinking? If someone says Renew, you think they talent, glyph and spam it. IF someone says Greater Heal, you start moaning about how spamming Greater Heal is stupid/bad/whatever.

How about using your brains? Using the spells when appropriate..

Let me capitalize that for you;

WHEN APPROPRIATE
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Pure panic? It was pretty god damn easy, even when solo healing the last half of Northrend Beasts..

What are you trying to prove, and what do you even base that assumption on?

Nothing, per usual, you just go by your gut feeling amirite

I like how you avoid the important part of my post too... All you really wanna do is stroke your e-peen and make everyone else look bad right?

Yeah we did once and that was out of my control, so what?

Again you're trying so desperately to find something to bash, oh noes, rofl.

What are you trying to prove dude? Why so insecure? seriously?

Also, you said you raided in TBC & Vanilla, so, why did you only kill TBC raids in 2009? Where's your Amani bear?

I'm sorry, TBC wasn't 2009.

To the OP - do not listen to elitist prick who can't sum two numbers and who uses classic wow flames such as "OMG YOU WIPED YOU SUCK".

Priest has wide healing arsenal, key to playing good is deciding what to use when situation requires it. So no, you won't spam flash heals if your 55k hp tank reached 5k hp.

@Smeedsc

That is your opinion, and nothing else. It's nothing else.

The fact you're so offended every time someone *disagrees with you just screams of e-nerdrage insecurity. Why are you even on this forum if you can't take criticism or opposition?

I'll be like you for a sec and take a bite at anything that sticks out to me;

Why didn't you do OS3D until like, 8 months after I did it on my DK, which is on a fail RP realm where progression is slower than a dead snail on rollerskates.

Where's your Algalon25 kill, even when outgearing it to hell and back again?

Where's your Ironbound drake?

Where's your proof of TBC raiding?

You either a; didn't even raid on your priest until ToC++, or you raided very bad things with a very bad guild not even able to outprogress a RP realm.

Wow, I'm cool just like you!

Also if your tanks die due to you missing 1 Flash Heal, then your tanks are miserable, or your other healers are.. Or maybe you forgot to PW:S since you preach about using that all the time (Despite the fact you can't use it more than every 15 sec). Badum-tssh

So yet again you claim something that isn't true...

You claimed you raided as a priest during TBC; false, you didn't, even my alts had Illidan/Archi/partial SWP kills in TBC, but I guess you just didn't raid then on your priest.

And now you say that you're an alt? Rofl so what does that say about your Priest raiding experience?

Your an alt... Rofl.

Sorry, I cba with this anymore, you're just going to deny everything anyone else says.

I'll just pretend to agree!

You're the god of Discipline priests! Everyone else in the game is wrong and you're right!

You're awesome! Please, write a Discipline bible and post it on every class forum on the interwebs!

Claps for you!

Also, hypocrisy strikes again; you say casting renew is fail yet you admitted earlier you've done it yourself; I guess there's exceptions for Smeedsc Renews, amirite?

And yet again you can't pull your head out of your own ass and read what people say; there's SITUATIONAL uses for these spells, but you only read it as "WE ONLY CAST RENEW ::"

Oh my god, child, just, go home.

*casts renew* - * tank dies * .... damn ._.''

It's not like renew is gonna let anyone die or something? You said by yourself as disc you have NEVER mana issues, so why not throw a renew here and there to keep it steady? I'm not gonna throw a flash heal if someone's taking low damage slowly.
    No single healing spell fails. nuff said. You don't use it? fine by me, but trying to insult people by saying ppl who cast renew suck is just plain stupid.

I'm the only one that's given any proof to my claims here; you haven't, i.e. you're just spewing out shit assumptions.

I'm going by the armory YOU linked, but I guess you'll come with some sort of excuse like that it hasn't updated etc etc, yeah whatever.

You're the one not proving anything; all you're doing is standing there banging on your chest like a gorilla. Your intellect shows similar attributes.

"why waste a gcd on a shit spell?

better off tossing a shield."

Because WEAKENED SOUL IS ON THE TARGET you moron!

Imagine you have to move for 1 or 2 GCD's worth of time, Weakened Soul is on the target, PoM is on CD, you can either, just move and don't do shit for 2 GCD's or you could throw a renew for a potental free ~8k healing.

But I guess you'll have an excuse for that too, so, lets hear it.

Haha....

Look at yourself.

First, you say; If I stop casting Flash Heals my tank dies. lol.

So, the logical solution to this is to shield the raid instead of doing something helpful to the tank when you have to move?

Your logic is great, I can see why you're so delusional.

And oh oh oh wait, I already know what you're going to say;
    You're going to moan about that I'm a noob for not shielding the raid!

I DIDN'T SAY THAT, now did I? No, you're just looking for something to say to try make yourself feel better yet again.

I need glasses. did he say 25 targets ? ??? nope.

Ahaha, so, alright, I see, different arguments pertain to different fights now?

Alright, baddie (With no achievements worth mentioning, drakes, nor TBC raiding experience)

"go back to greater healing and renewing tanks and go be bad"

Please, tell me where I said that I was doing that?

Please? Do it

Prove something for once.

Do it.

Show me where I, or anyone else in this thread, said that.

Also, prove to me that the armory YOU LINKED, YOURSELF; is false, and contains false information?

Do it.

1. What a great statement, you do know this is what makes you look like a retard?
    2. Misrepresented your armory with Ironbound and Achievements left out? Yeah? Sure, Armory is buggy and what not, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt..
    3. You cleared BT and all but M'uru pre-nerf. So why does your BT achievement say 2009? So does SWP, so does MH, so does SSC..

You do know that the achievements were triggered by owning gear from the end bosses, right? But I guess you were too cool to own any loot from any end boss in any TBC raid instance at all, etc. Not to mention quests backtracking, for BT and SSC for example.

And sure, the rep is there, because you farmed the instances in TBC lol

4. Yeah because using PoH after the raid takes a hit through shields is bad. Flash Heal x 10 is a lot better than just 2 PoH for raid healing smart

I'm not a "defender of Renew and Greater Heal" - I simply said they have their uses, and the fact I use Greater Heal a lot in my raid log is because I'm frickin' specced for it because I'm tank healing a lot. Please, start using your brain, now.

You're also saying I use Renew a lot, while it did like 3% of my healing over the entire instance; That's less than my PW:S glyph...

You're sad.

I can't be assed with this, since all you do is go into insecure mode and bash something randomly to try make yourself look better, and when you're not doing that, you're blindly ignoring what everyone is saying.

You realise everyone in the thread so far has just disagreed with you? But yeah I guess everyone is fail compared to almighty you

Ok not getting into any discussion but im going to give you a single advice I would give any player playing any class.

Open your spell book now either keybind or place every single spell some where and I mean every single one except stuff like lesser heal and heal and stuff like thatofc. Because it might not be often but every single spell can be usefull! You might never use it but having it avalible when you need it is alot better then not having it the 99,9% of the time.

Now back to the question your priest seems to be comeing along very nicely and I can only say any advice about gemming is going to be dependant on setup and playstyle. What I would suggest is getting used to popping shadowfiend early and not using it 2sec before x boss does giant aoe hit of doom. Another thing is on a farm raid try going all out spam the tank like a mad man try to soak up all the raid damage in shields. Now one of 2 things is going to happen either you go oom at some point or you end the fight with a ton of mana. If the last is the case then you just proved that even if you are pushing yourself you got enugh mana and then you can slowly start replaceing int/mp5/spi with sp. The only thing else to say is practice is the best way to become a master so just do a ton of heroics and raids and try diffrent things out and find out what you like.