Thread: Ulduar Drakes

Ulduar Drakes

Anyone know if there is an estimated time for ulduar drakes to be removed?
    I always assumed they were left in during ToC cause there were no new 310% mounts from there, but now there is with ICC but the drakes are still available from Ulduar.

The reason, if I remember right, for the original glory drakes being removed was that it would be too easy to get them in gear ~13-19 ilvls higher than intended.

Now we're at 264 instead of 226 and they're still here?
    Deja Moo - The feeling you've heard this bullshit before.
    It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then its fun and games but you can't see.

Re: Ulduar Drakes

The ulduar achievements are a good bit harder than the naxx ones were - the only hard achievement in the naxx line was the immortal/undying. Meaning gear won't carry you through the achievements *quite* as easily. But, that said, I expect them to be removed with the Arthas patch.

To be entirely fair, the Naxxramas drakes were way easier to get than the Ulduar drakes (of course except for The Immortal, we all know what a bitch that was for most people). The required Ulduar Hard Modes (notably Firefighter and One Light) still aren't very pushover-y, unless you're running with 245 gear (for 10-man)/258 gear (for 25-man).

That said, I'm with the 'They'll be removed with the Arthas patch' crowd.

Deleted

Joining the Arthas patch crowd aswell, I thought they were being removed upon the start of ICC, evidently not.

as blizzard announced back in the ulduar days they'll give us a warning 4 weeks before they remove the drake's so people can finish their meta's so we'll see

why? cause i've got my rusted proto and tbh screw ever doing firefighter/one light on 25man xD those encounters are still among the most difficult around currently just because of the sheer coordination required, aka: unless you're in full 258+ gear you won't outgear it and even if you are you'd still need people in the raid group to know wtf they're actually doing

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

Uldar 310% mount is easy to get even if you consider it harder than naxx which was also easy. I got it done in 1 night on my char after coming back to WoW after 6month + break in gear i got in 2-3 days running random heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Of Doom
    Uldar 310% mount is easy to get even if you consider it harder than naxx which was also easy. I got it done in 1 night on my char after coming back to WoW after 6month + break in gear i got in 2-3 days running random heroics.
    so no one else in your group had done all the hardmodes either? or were you carried by 9/24 other people?

didnt say the achievement itself was difficult, just incredibly annoying xD

i too got it in 1 night (including doing iron dwarf medium rare from 0-25 for the whole raid) with only 2 people in the raid that had actually completed the achievements required before, and even then they were on alts that still needed the drake...

took us 5 hours, inc wiping to 1light 3 times, firefighter 5 times, and razorscale once (cause of enrage timer being hit due to working out the finer details of iron dwarf medium rare- rather boring actually)

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

The main reason they weren't removed with Icecrown is because the Icecrown drakes won't be attainable until people beat the hard modes, which aren't accessible until after they beat Arthas. Since it's currently not possible to achieve the Icecrown drakes, the Ulduar drakes are still temporarily available to us.

I wish they removed them at 3.3 patch. I don't have one but still, people put shit loads of effort into FF/+1 before you outgeared it by 30 item levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Of Doom
    Yep, we're all real impressed by this proof-less claim that had nothing to do with the thread.

Yeeep.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

arthas patch remains most likely time to remove them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kvn
    The ulduar achievements are a good bit harder than the naxx ones were - the only hard achievement in the naxx line was the immortal/undying. Meaning gear won't carry you through the achievements *quite* as easily. But, that said, I expect them to be removed with the Arthas patch.
    Not really. We PUGed a Drake group on my server a couple weeks ago and got 25 undergeared alts and PUGs their Iron Bounds. It took two days of 4 hours each plus a third day of about 2 hours on Yogg. Outside Yogg, every boss took less than 3 attempts and most were one shots.

Shit's easy. It kinda pisses me off that Blizzard is giving 310s to every casual with half a brain. They were supposed to be the one thing that hardcore raiders could show off as their own. Now we got nothing.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluana
    didnt say the achievement itself was difficult, just incredibly annoying xD

i too got it in 1 night (including doing iron dwarf medium rare from 0-25 for the whole raid) with only 2 people in the raid that had actually completed the achievements required before, and even then they were on alts that still needed the drake...

took us 5 hours, inc wiping to 1light 3 times, firefighter 5 times, and razorscale once (cause of enrage timer being hit due to working out the finer details of iron dwarf medium rare- rather boring actually)
    with me going insane on our 1light kill ftw, killshot turning your character=fun
    Noodles and Coke, diet of the raider. Found what he was after, after nearly 3months.

They have not been removed as of yet and there are no plans to remove them as of yet.

Blizzard has previously stated that the will give us a month's notice before they remove them so you're in the clear for the next 4 weeks at least.

To be honest considering the effort we all put in to get that drake in even 232 gear, i doubt many guilds are even that bothered about going back to get one, especially since there is ICC now and a drake available for doing ICC hard modes which most will want to aim for.

Having said that, i am very proud of my rusted drake and it looks awesome, so there may well be guilds itching to back and get it as soon as they can faceroll the hard modes.