disci priest - frost gear advice

Hello,

I am disci priest from the very begining and I think I get some skill there and good gear for it.
    However I am very confused in what items I should buy for frost emblems.

There is my armory, pls have a look:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lash&n=Krisbit

I like to have like 30% crit UB and prefer not get less that this. Would be even great to get 35% UB. I dont have problem with haste. Probably even have little too much.
    That is why I have some problems with items choosing.

I think 2 pieves t10 bonus is great for me, but t10 intself are terrible.
    Chest is lowering haste much, legs are lowering crit. The only option are shoulders and hand but that gona broke my t9 bonus. So eventualy I can take head which is quite good.

However, hands and chest out of set are so great. Getting cape wouldnt be bad idea also...
    I have now loke 120 frosts and still dont know what to get -.-

Please, give me some help and advices.

Re: disci priest - frost gear advice

Picking up the Hat would be an obvious choice since it's a direct upgrade. I would advise against giving up the 2pc T9 until you had to, so between Chest and Pants, Chest is you're best option since you're losing Haste, but the SP and Int upgrades along with the set bonus should make up for it. The legs would lose you Crit; plus, the crafted Crit/Haste Legs are an excellent slot to eventually choose for your offset piece if you're going for 4pc T10. Also, the cloak would seem to me to be a pretty nice upgrade since you're getting solid SP and Int upgrades and trading Haste for Crit. As it is, you have a lot of Haste, so trading some away for Crit or for nice SP/Int upgrades is generally going to be beneficial.

So, if I were to order, I'd probably say either T10 Hat, T10 Chest, Cloak or Cloak, T10 Hat, T10 Chest.

Thank you for answer. Sounds quite good and logica. I think I will go hat>chest>cloak for quickest t10 bonus.

15+ Year Old Account

The OP sounded like he wanted the non-set pieces due to lack of Spirit and how the stat points could be better spent elsewhere. Telling him what order to get T10 in seems to go against that. Even worse is that your post changed his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    The OP sounded like he wanted the non-set pieces due to lack of Spirit and how the stat points could be better spent elsewhere. Telling him what order to get T10 in seems to go against that. Even worse is that your post changed his mind.
    That's not how I read it at all. It sounded like he wanted T10 but thought the stats were bad. If you get the wrong pieces, it is bad; but especially considering that the 2 piece bonus is quite solid, picking up the right pieces will absolutely be better. Spirit wasn't really part of the equation either, except on the chest, since his Hat was Crit/Spirit and the T10 Hat is Crit/Spirit, and his Cloak was Haste/Spirit and the Emblem cloak is Crit/Spirit. Yes, Merlin's Robe has Haste/Crit and the T10 is Crit/Spirit, but I also think we can all agree that the 2 piece bonus, 28 more SP (accounting for the gemming since he'd lose the Blue socket), 34 more Crit, and 20 more Int is worth the loss of 90 Haste. I would generally say he should save that trade until later, but his other options are breaking up his T9 or making a worse trade off (Crit/Spirit for Haste/Spirit) in a slot where he'd eventually be able to get a better crafted piece anyway.

The important thing to keep in mind when gearing isn't to make choices based off of a single piece, but instead to keep the whole picture in mind. If you're afraid to drop a piece because you're trading one stat for another that isn't quite as good but you can make up some of that stat in other places, you're not maximizing your gearing options. I always gear with my general stat goals in mind and pick up pieces toward that goal and if I feel like I'm losing too much of something, I can always trade in another piece temporarily.