I would like to point everyone's attention to a few points that really need to change if we want this community to remain a fun place to post in, read, and be a part of. I'm posting this in the WotLK General section as it is the most visited one, but obviously it applies to all parts of our forum.
Over the last few weeks/months, I have - and I'm sure many of you as well - noticed a very disturbing increase of "rudeness" in the posts being made on these forums.
A lot of new members have joined us lately, and I'm afraid a lot of them did not read our FAQ.
Allow me to summarize a few of my biggest eye-sores:
- Do not - ever, under any circumstance - be rude in your replies: Do not call anyone a retard, moron, asshole, bitch, stupid ass, or anything that comes remotely close to an insult.
- Don't post pictures of the lolcats-genre or "Cool story bro" or the Captain Picard Facepalm, or anything else that's considered "hilarious" by your average 7-year old. We do not appreciate it, and when I say we I mean the modsquad. Any offence we see or get reported will be met with a ban. No exceptions there.
- Do not make pointless posts: Don't ask us which class you should play, or which faction to roll or which server to play. Don't ask us if your PC specs are any good or what you should have for breakfast. These are considered uninteresting topics and will be closed as soon as we see them.
- Don't reply unless you have something to say. That means don't just post a quote followed by "No.", "lol", or any other one word or abbreviation. Voice your opinion if you must, but please put a little bit of effort into it.
- Search first, then post: Use our search function before you make a new thread. Very often your question has already been posted and answered. It saves everyone a double read/post.
Keeping those few points in mind will make sure that the MMO-Champion forums remain a fun & interesting place to be in 2010.
When you have a spare moment, take 5 minutes to read our forum guidelines. All the mods and myself will be eternally grateful to you.
Lastly, when you see an offence to our rules, please report it. Do not quote the post in question, do not reply to it. Attention is the fuel that trolls and flamers feed on. Just ignore em as much as you can and let us take care of them for you.
Thank you for reading, and a happy 2010 for all of you! <3
Edit: Apparently I need to sticky this since not everyone seems to be able to read non-sticky posts... -.-