Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Posting and you, a kind reminder

Quote Originally Posted by Kharay1977
    @darklenne: Even though you do have a valid point, at least to some extent, I would like to add a word of caution here. To you as well as to the moderator/administrator team - even though, legally speaking, it's entirely up to the owner of the site to determine what IS and what is NOT acceptable behaviour, it is morally deplorable to resort to outright censorship.
    First off, I agree with you, mostly.

I would contend that censorship is the removal, elimination, or significant alteration of statements, opinions, or ideas that are intended to promote debate or discussion on a topic.

The posting of "lolz" "u suck" or any of the other terms solely intended to demean, insult, or diminish the poster without the intent of debating the topic at hand would not apply, and should be delt with without concern of censorship issues.

Hi Grim,

Thanks for the gentle reminder, as a GM I can appreciate the work it goes into keeping things running smoothly =) Just wanted to give you a heads up though that the links for the forum guidelines aren't working, I get an 'error - page not found'.

Thanks again!

15+ Year Old Account
    Fixed

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, it's linked twice and I had fixed the first one. Second is fixed now also.

For reference, the easiest thing to do is click "FAQ" on the top nav bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor View Post
    [*]Don't post pictures of the lolcats-genre or "Cool story bro" or the Captain Picard Facepalm, or anything else that's considered "hilarious" by your average 7-year old. We do not appreciate it, and when I say we I mean the modsquad. Any offence we see or get reported will be met with a ban. No exceptions there.
    That seems a little harsh. This is the internet, we aren't writing papers to be published here.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't use crude insults, cusses, curses, etc. But I do sometimes like to express my dislike, disagreements, and my honest opinion in articulated ways. It may come off as mean or rude to some, but if I say someones behavior is cowardly, this is acceptable, is it not?

It's an intelligible way to express my point of view, in no uncertain terms.

And I have to say I'm happy to see that the hand-holding "How should I play" type of posts are not acceptable. Hooray!

15+ Year Old Account
    You're welcome to give an honest opinion, but try to do so without insulting other players -- "idiot", "retard", "moron", etc are not okay. "I think that was a rude thing to do" is okay.

can opening thread posts and/or thread Titles that begin with "So" also be immediately removed? This is an excellent idea.. however the actual post count of the forums would drop tremendously, since about half of all threads start with "So,"