Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: shadow priest gems

Quote Originally Posted by Vander Nars
    I just provided the fact that its a dps loss, and you have admitted that as well, so it seems to me your just posting bad info on this thread.
    --

If your having mana problems after the buffs to priest your doing it wrong.
    Less dispersion usage = more dps. Thus using Purified gems is dps increase in means of PP in any longer fight (25hc anub and gunshipbattle comes to my mind, with lots of mindsearing and multidotting).

Your armory tells youre so wrong. Youre so manastarved that you NEED to keep SW:P glyph to maintain your mana and you cannot afford improved VE instead of focused mind. Probably gemmin mp5 would be dps increase for you. inb4 "you just said manaregen is more dps", having more utility with VE in raids especially in aoeheavy construct wing in ICC is beneficial for the raid. Thus counting VE mandatory: regen from spirit and IST is pretty good and it's dps increase
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

Quote Originally Posted by Sharaki
    Less dispersion usage = more dps. Thus using Purified gems is dps increase in means of PP in any longer fight (25hc anub and gunshipbattle comes to my mind, with lots of mindsearing and multidotting).

Your armory tells youre so wrong. Youre so manastarved that you NEED to keep SW:P glyph to maintain your mana and you cannot afford improved VE instead of focused mind. Probably gemmin mp5 would be dps increase for you. inb4 "you just said manaregen is more dps", having more utility with VE in raids especially in aoeheavy construct wing in ICC is beneficial for the raid. Thus counting VE mandatory: regen from spirit and IST is pretty good and it's dps increase
    i facepalmed IRL when i read this

Hey guys I was wondering why 21 critical + 3% crit damage is better than 25 sp and 2% int...
    Is the first meta really so much better? How much is 21 critical in %?

Thanks !

it's the 3% more crit damage that makes it better, not the 21 crit rating.
    as for the gems, people who say purified dreadstones are better are right, the others are wrong and wannabe elitists that are trying to prove that DPS > ALL and all other things are irelevant. you are just ignorant and cocky and need to get your head out of your but and your comments out of threads if you're not going to be of any use and just say the same thing over and over again.

and the absolute solution to this conflict : check every item you want to gem on shadowpriest.com if you cba to learn the shadowpriest scaling and be an average player.

OR think for yourself about what talents/gems for better for you and your raid.

Fyi shadowpriest.com has done the math and they have all 5 sp sockets with 23 sp gems, so maybe your just fucking wrong.
    Seriously, there are times to following something on the internet and there are times where you've got to use common sense. This is one of the latter. Sometimes shadowpriest.com/elitistjerks.com are wrong. They take only the very visible dps increase into account and nothing that passively increase the dps(regen). If you would bring it up on shadowpriest.com they would most likely agree with us.

Quite wrong there my friends, my guild healers don't fucking suck like yours so they don't even need me to do improved ve healing so I can keep focus mind and keep my mana up.
    Imp VE is not about helping your healers in the sense that they suck, it gives the raid a health buffer equal to 5% of your dps for everyone else and a health buffer for you equal to 25% of your dps.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    Imp VE is not about helping your healers in the sense that they suck, it gives the raid a health buffer equal to 5% of your dps for everyone else and a health buffer for you equal to 25% of your dps.
    That's what Ghostcrawler wants you to think. Except it's a party buff, not a raid buff, and it's outhealed by a Healing Stream totem. It's not helping your healers in the sense that they suck, it's keeping yourself alive through pretty much everything.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    That's what Ghostcrawler wants you to think. Except it's a party buff, not a raid buff, and it's outhealed by a Healing Stream totem. It's not helping your healers in the sense that they suck, it's keeping yourself alive through pretty much everything.
    I haven't really been able to test it since there are conflicting reports of it being party wide/raid wide, but it would be very easy to test though. But yea, it does allow us to live through pretty much anything.

A dps loss is a dps loss.
    I hear being over hit-capped is a DPS loss...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ku&gn=Insomnia

There are lvl 70 trinkets which would give you more DPS gain.

Also, grats on a fresh shadow priest trolling people here.

Ohhh SNAP!

Busting out the gear e-peen meters!

So, according to your logic having more hit (over hit-cap mind you) is NOT a DPS loss yet having more Spirit is?

BTW 2 geared chars > 1 so GG?

Still sadden by the 'nerf' to Ret with Byrntroll, but hey, was fun while it lasted

EDIT: Troll moar plz!

Fyi shadowpriest.com has done the math and they have all 5 sp sockets with 23 sp gems, so maybe your just fucking wrong.
    Really... funny how the same thread lists purified dreadstones as 17.9 PP and if you know how to add (you do know that if you have one and you get another one you end up with two?) a 5 SP socket bonus results in 22.9 PP... the idea of that thread is to show you the theoretical max PP items, so of course they list a runed cardinal ruby because (more maths, i know it's difficult) it results in a number thats a total of 0.1 PP higher.

So if you actually contextualise what 0.1 PP represents you are presented with customising your gear with an insignificant DPS increase vs an almost identical DPS output + the benefit of 10 spirit for regen. And as I stated before (which you have yet to debunk, you've just replied with subjective nonsense) 0.1 PP which is equivalent to 0.1 SP is worth about 1 damage on your VT spell every 2 full durations. It would take 3 Mind Blasts to register an extra point of damage as well... you'd be lucky to see an increase in 50 total damage compared to the 40 million health of the raid bosses.

That might be hard for you to comprehend, being that you obviously didn't finish school and thus can't grasp the concept of scale. But a number that small might as well be 0... but please go on with your rant, you provide a great deal of comedic relief for those with half a brain; seeing yourself dig a hole and come off incredibly stupid.

You doing alot of typing for someone that's wrong, shadowpriest.com has the info to look at, they know the math and they're a dedicated site for shadow info, you on the other hand are just some over glorified shadow priest that likes to run off at the mouth even when he/she knows they are wrong.
    Mate can you understand what Worshaka is saying? He is saying that gemming 23 spellpower over +12 spellpower/+10 spirit in blue sockets which have +5spellpower equates to a 0.1PP gain. When you think of 0.1PP in the form of spellpower it is 0.1 spellpower you gain. So what would you rather have 0.1 spellpower or 10 spirit. Thats all his saying, he agrees with you that +23 spellpower is a 'dps gain' to an extent, but as he pointed out its a gain of almost 50 damage to a raid boss with 50million health; maybe you could argue that it might reach 100 damage on a boss with 25million.

You doing alot of typing for someone that's wrong, shadowpriest.com has the info to look at, they know the math and they're a dedicated site for shadow info, you on the other hand are just some over glorified shadow priest that likes to run off at the mouth even when he/she knows they are wrong.
    Sometimes... playing outside of the box can be a wiser choice than staying inside of the box.

Shadowpriest.com is nothing more than a guide. It is not the bible. They give you the math behind the items and let you determine what is best for you. If you choose to pick 22.9 PP or 23 PP... you are not wrong.

Just look at all of the different specs that are able to compete. I have a shadow priest competing and often beating me on meters without having improved mind blast. Why is that? His gear choices... His critical rating with mind flay outweighs what my mind blasts can do. He's constantly at 7k DPS even with having silence and psychic horror in his spec... Talk about outside of the box.

In Chemistry(obviously you haven't finished school), if something has a value that is extremely low(say 10^-100), then they consider it 0 in calculations. 0.1 PP comes out to an extremely low DPS, so we can consider it a 0 DPS increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Sometimes... playing outside of the box can be a wiser choice than staying inside of the box.

Shadowpriest.com is nothing more than a guide. It is not the bible. They give you the math behind the items and let you determine what is best for you. If you choose to pick 22.9 PP or 23 PP... you are not wrong.

Just look at all of the different specs that are able to compete. I have a shadow priest competing and often beating me on meters without having improved mind blast. Why is that? His gear choices... His critical rating with mind flay outweighs what my mind blasts can do. He's constantly at 7k DPS even with having silence and psychic horror in his spec... Talk about outside of the box.
    Are you sure his spec is not a PvP spec?

You really had nothing better to do today than troll here, nice...

Really... being proud about downing Alagon 6 months after he's released (in 10 man none the less) I must concede this thread to you since obviously even WHR says you are superior to me.

Gee, maybe from now on, I need remember to log out in my hit/raid set as oppose to Nibelung to ward off the trolls.

Are you sure his spec is not a PvP spec?
    It is. Unless his armory is not showing his real shadow spec. Maybe he changes it... maybe he doesn't. His critical rating blows mine out of the water...

Sounds like your a bad player, and he does 7k on what fight? and 10 or 25? all of this can detemine if 7k is even all that awesome, they are fights i do 12 to 13k on my pally but that just be stupid to say cause its gimmick fights
    No one really cares what you can do on a paladin in a priest forum.

25... Icecrown.

The biggest issue atm. is the lack of red sockets

It's getting difficult to fit all 3x39 SP gems in.

Oh he does 7k on trash pulls with mind sear, thats nice.
    I didn't know bosses were trash. I didn't know WMO shows trash DPS with Boss DPS when you choose it boss by boss.

It's getting difficult to fit all 3x39 SP gems in.
    You mean 2x39. Belt is an obvious 39 and nothing you have to ever worry about matching.

WoW, the ammount of idiot forum trolls in this thread is just astounding.

For the Purfied gem with a 5spell power socket bonus to be a DPS gain over Runed, it just requires that you gain just enough regen to use Dispersion one less time over about 10,000 encounters.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I know that on certain mana intensive fights i do have to use Dispersion, and there's been more than one fight where 10more spirit of regen over a boss encounter would mean i could have not dispersed.

As Daenerys says, your mana regen directly impacts your actual DPS output in many encounters. It's all well and good to argue about the equivalent of 0.1 spell power, but if you EVER have to use dispersion in a situation where there's a target available then you would have been better off with the spirit.

Or... if you have enough spirit to make 2/3 Meditation and 1/1 Inner Focus feasible without forcing you to use extra cooldowns for mana...