Arcane leveling vs. Frost leveling from 62-80

Im currently still Frost but I'd like to hear your experiences on that subject. I did hear some people say Arcane is a lot faster, others saying Frost ist faster. And i hope someone can link me an Arcan Leveling specc. There are quite some talent points where im unshure. Also, whats the Arcane rotation for leveling? Ive heard people telling me different things here.

Re: Arcane leveling vs. Frost leveling from 62-80

its from 64 not 62 u need arcane blast
    rotation is 1-2 arcane blast if u get missle proc then arcane missles if not arcane barrage outland mobs usually die from that

as for build http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...-z,q9fO-,11159 this is what i will use
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand
    its from 64 not 62 u need arcane blast
    rotation is 1-2 arcane blast if u get missle proc then arcane missles if not arcane barrage outland mobs usually die from that

as for build http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...-z,q9fO-,11159 this is what i will use
    Aww, thought you get blast from 62. Do you use a slow first for the Torment The Weak effect or just nuke straight away?

Im sue arcane is fun to level with because u can kill a single target so quickly...but if u wanna level really fast and get to the content and gear that matters nothing beats leveling as frost. AoE grinding, even while questing, gets u to 80 faster than anything else...other than power leveling urself ofcourse.

while arcane barrage and missile barrage procs are much cooler then spamming frost bolts, you can pretty much kill a mob with 1 shatter combo. Can't beat that. Not to mention it is WAY more mana efficient, esp with the new imp water ele and even and perm water ele for leveling. Quite nice.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Rathok
    while arcane barrage and missile barrage procs are much cooler then spamming frost bolts, you can pretty much kill a mob with 1 shatter combo. Can't beat that. Not to mention it is WAY more mana efficient, esp with the new imp water ele and even and perm water ele for leveling. Quite nice.
    I agree, I've always leveled as frost for the soloing of elites and the "anti-gank" since I spec for pvp. I ripped those silly arc/fire mages apart when i was leveling my rogue (who was also pvp spec).

At high levels, mobs will die quickly regardless of mage spec. The difference only comes with elites and very high level mobs. Frost can solo them easily, fire and arcane have difficulty due to the lack of pet, shield and control.

15+ Year Old Account

Leveling a mage is easy, so just pick whatever you're having the most fun with.

I use both for leveling 64-80, arcane can't handle big packs of mobs, frost can kill 10 mobs easily.

Deleted

Much depends on your preferred playstyle. I prefer the more fast and straightforward one that Arcane offers. With 2mins evocation and the mana regen rate that you easily have at that point of the game, I almost never stopped driking while levelling as arcane. I don't know how awesome can be your mana efficiency as Frost, but even if it's better than Arcane, at this point it's not useful.
    It most certainly WAS useful some time ago, but please don't give advice about what's best to level nowadays based on the experience you made with your mage in 2006...

I think it comes down to this:

Single Target Questing? Any spec will do. Frost and Arcane are the most efficient.

Single Target Mob Kiting, good escape/survival abilities: Frost or Arcane

Handling large pulls/AoE grindng, higher level mobs, soloing group quests: Frost

You can AoE grind as Fire too, just be sure to have good reaction times or a healer :P

Deleted

OR you could take the hardcore path and AoE with living bombs, blaswaves, dragonbreaths and instant flamestrikes. With the lowered manacosts it's not bad at all, but it sure as hell can kill you fairly often if you are not in control of your character all the time. Not as good as arcane or frost, but great fun ;D

To singletargets, I'd say arcane. Arcaneblast + barrage combo has pretty decent change on proccing missilebarrage, wich will kill your mob rather quick. If they won't proc it, just throw a slow and cast AB + Abarr again, it should be dead by now. With 2min evo and cycling managems, you should never go oom. Frost has better survibility, and is a beast in PvP situations if you know what to do (altough blowing shit up in low levels is easier as arcane, the good PvPrs will rip you apart). Also good at AoEing. Arcane is better if you like to run instances, just use all the missilebarrage procs to prevent going oom and if it doesn't proc with the 3th/4th cast, cast normal missiles to break the stack. You shouldn't go oom with 2min evo this way, AND you should be rocking the meters (atleast on single targets).

Anything will do, matter of opinion. I myself respecced every other level just for the sake of it, never got bored :