Thoughts on Threat Management for Cataclysm?

Just curious what everyone is thinking about the current state of threat management and what tweaks they would make to how it works now.

I think it would be amazing to see all dps classes be in line with each other as far as threat management is concerned. Warlocks right now seem to be the furthest out of tune when compared to say mages who have a 2 minute 100% threat wipe ability coupled with a 3 minute "LOL IGNORE ME" button called Mirror Image. I understand you get all the threat you generated during Mirror after it wears off, but a well timed Invisibility is an auto-win button.

I am having a hard time coming up with new fun ways for threat to be handled...anyone have some ideas for Cataclysm?

Re: Thoughts on Threat Management for Cataclysm?

Do any classes really need to worry about threat management now? Just don't pop all your cooldowns before the tank has pulled and that pretty much does it, barring gimick fights.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

I bet it's just nuke without a care in the world.

threats not really an issue for any class if the tank is equal geared and has the ability to press buttons. as far as making it interesting it shouldnt be on the part of dps to make threat interesting it should more be on the part of tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by coolaide2
    threats not really an issue for any class if the tank is equal geared and has the ability to press buttons. as far as making it interesting it shouldnt be on the part of dps to make threat interesting it should more be on the part of tanking.
    I bet you use all your CDs in HoR right away, amirite? Threat control is the part of every member of the party, not just the tank.

I only have problems as a ret paladin in heroics. Sometimes I can pull off terrible tanks by auto attacking. It's kind of horrible because we have one threat reducer.

Make treath building much better for tanks,
    Every single time I queue in LFG i cant use my best AoE (SoC) because that makes my the new tank.
    So i have to lower my own dps for a tank (who often hates my despite my treath management).
    I realy wonder why blizz makes being tank so hard.
    Compare ranged dps to tank.
    Ranged is just get a save place and nuke.
    Tank is KNOW EVERYTHING or get wiped because you didnt know about the huge AoE bla blah boring not fun part
    Hold agro
    Have decent gear
    Have def caps/expertise cap/ hit cap (casters only have hit caps)
    Use the right attacks ad the right moment (caster=just spam your rotation)
    Keep agro
    and yes i play both and dislike being tank because of this.
    The only reason why we still have tanks is because of the 2 sec queue in LFG system

Quote Originally Posted by Evert
    Make treath building much better for tanks,
    Every single time I queue in LFG i cant use my best AoE (SoC) because that makes my the new tank.
    So i have to lower my own dps for a tank (who often hates my despite my treath management).
    I realy wonder why blizz makes being tank so hard.
    Compare ranged dps to tank.
    Ranged is just get a save place and nuke.
    Tank is KNOW EVERYTHING or get wiped because you didnt know about the huge AoE bla blah boring not fun part
    Hold agro
    Have decent gear
    Have def caps/expertise cap/ hit cap (casters only have hit caps)
    Use the right attacks ad the right moment (caster=just spam your rotation)
    Keep agro
    and yes i play both and dislike being tank because of this.
    The only reason why we still have tanks is because of the 2 sec queue in LFG system
    What the hell is that man, a fucking poem? Who types like that? I honestly looked down the left column to see if it was an acrostic.
    why is it all so beautiful this fake dream
    this craziness why?

I would enjoy a clearer, or rather larger, default Threat percentage viewer.

15+ Year Old Account

I like the way it is now.. tank runs in, dps runs in, occasionally a stupid dps will target the wrong guy and get attacked, tank saves him and gg.

Not that I don't like the idea of threat being a thing for tanks to watch for but I prefer tanking didn't scare people away.. we need more tanks.