Thread: Why DPS so low?

Why DPS so low?

With those stats I'm only pulling 3.6k DPS.... I use the right rotations and shit, glyphs, spec ect.... I'm not sure as to why my elemental shaman just sucks.

that boomkin druid is 4.8k gs.... so shouldn't I be pulling the same DPS?

any ideas?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...3%AEtf%C3%AEre

OK, did what I could, I'm poor.... but yeah.

BTW That staff is better than both my current mace and shield.
    WTB Signature.

Re: Why DPS so low?

BTW, yes I use a staff since I only have NAXX mace and shield.... I simply suck at rolls and never get lewts.
    WTB Signature.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalGhost
    that boomkin druid is 4.8k gs.... so shouldn't I be pulling the same DPS?

any ideas?
    While I can't give you any tips on shaman/caster DPS. I can tell you Gear Score has very little to do with the DPS you are going to put out, other than higher stats=higher damage... but that is kinda pushing it ...

but you can read: http://elitistjerks.com/f79/

Push lightning bolt harder

Armory and a WMO or something would definitely be appreciated, if not necessary to helping you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks
    TL;DR: Druids ah so ova powa'd!
    P.S. Nerf scissors
    Love,
    Rock.
    (-.-)

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I don't know, maybe you should try getting 1H + shield, itøs usually (usually!) the best. On my ele shammy with lesser gear, im pulling a steady 4k ??? ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

WTB Signature.

isn't glyph of flame shock more dps than glyph of thunder?
    i know little about ele shams, more of a enhanc guy, but i see most ele shammys with it

Spitfire, you have way too much hit. You only need to have 10% in your character sheet, and yet you're gemming for hit. (It may be 11%; I'm not sure if Heroic Presence is included in the character sheet. Can someone confirm/deny?) Drop the hit in favor of better stats.

You're using the wrong meta. The correct meta gem for your helmet is Chaotic Skyflare Diamond.

You're gemming incorrectly. You gem 2 spellpower/* gems to meet your meta requirement, and then you gem pure spellpower. If you can gain spellpower or haste from a set bonus by socketing yellow sockets, then you put spellpower/haste gems in those sockets.

You don't have any enchants. You have to enchant your gear with maximum enchants.

Generally speaking, a one-hand/shield weapon combination will grant more stats than a two-handed weapon.

Make sure you attach a Belt Buckle to your belt.

This is unrelated to your DPS, but you should get the spellpower/stamina leg patch instead of the spellpower/spirit one. Spirit is useless.

You aren't taking advantage of your Jewelcrafting, as you have no Dragon's Eye gems socketed. You could also level up a second crafting profession to boost your DPS slightly.

Use Glyph of Totem of Wrath instead of Glyph of Lava. Get Glyph of Flame Shock instead of Glyph of Thunder. Get Glyph of Water Shield.

Get Improved Fire Nova.

Remember that Elemental Shamans don't have a rotation--only a priority system. That system is LvB > CL > LB versus single target. Good luck; it's clear that you are an elementary shaman and are still learning. Raiding makes perfect.

Ok a few things.

-Drop the pure haste gems for Spellpower/Haste or straight Spellpower if the socket bonus is weak.
    -Get a 'Chaotic Skyflare Diamond' for the meta socket.
    -Grab the leather pants off Anub25man if possible; as of pre-3.3 they were BiS, of the tier pieces the legs are the weakest.
    -Get your Ashen Verdict ring and drop that mp5 one.
    -Replace that 84 crit rating trinket asap...if you are needing hit grab the EoT one to replace and stop gemming the hit =/
    -Get the 'Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers' made and drop those you have with spirit.
    -Replace that cloak asap...heck even the tailor crafted one is superior. I suggest the one from ToC5 heroic.
    -Get a one-hander and the offhand from HoR, staves are rather weak for us.
    -Run new 5mans and replace that mp5 neckpiece.
    -Run PoS heroic for the boots off 3rd boss.
    -USE your JC only gems -_-
    -Drop the Glyph of Thunder and pick up Glyph of Flameshock or I hunt you down.

Beyond these things all you gotta do is keep to the rotation
    FS>LvB>CL>LB; I tend to toss in CL whenever on CD and Thunderstorm as well to offset the mana cost.

If you have another elemental shaman in the party or a better geared DemoLock I'd also suggest dropping a Searing/Magma/Fire Elemental Totem and using Fire Nova on Cd vs AoE packs.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ryers&n=Kalurg for reference; may have logged in my Resto gear and yeah I'm slightly under the Spriest/Boomkin Hitcap...generally have one around, but never hurts to be prepared.

Hopefully "at least" means "sometimes three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number flame shock shall tick, and the number of ticking shall be three. Four shalt thou not tick, nor either tick thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou holy lava burst of antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall suffer at least two more ticks of flame shock. Amen."
    :3 -Whowherewhat

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

From looking at your armory information i can see a couple things.

1. Glyphs - change to: lighting bolt, lava and totem of wrath.

2. Enchants - shoulders need an enchant. boots missing enchant. bracers missing enchant. weapon missing enchant. cloak missing enchant.

3. Gems - your a maxed out jc - but no jc only gems.

4. Hit rating - currently you are over capped for hit rating - safe to loose about 1% ... loose the gem from your helm.

5. Haste - this is a tricky topic because you will get many opinions on how much you should have. the last i read.. 512 was the soft cap.

The above is just my suggestions, take them for what they are worth to you. Hope it helps some.
    Alas, how terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise.

Sophocles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergg
    Spitfire, you have way too much hit. You only need to have 10% in your character sheet, and yet you're gemming for hit. (It may be 11%; I'm not sure if Heroic Presence is included in the character sheet. Can someone confirm/deny?) Drop the hit in favor of better stats.
    he is an orc, therefore no heroic presence

Did look at your character on armory or anything, and I offer no advice.

But I did just want to let you know you were hitting the level 60 dummies and letting CL hop in your screenshot. From that position, if you take a right and run up behind the nice building with the battlemasters in it, you will find a much better dummy set.
    I accidentally my signature

Deleted

Gemming:

Head - Chaotic Skyflare Diamond (as many have already said)

Red sockets - Runed Cardinal Ruby/Runed Dragon's Eye

Yellow sockets - Reckless Ametrine

Blue sockets - Glowing Dreadstone (only use two, this is purely to activate the meta)

*Only* ever gem for a socket bonus if it is 7 spell power or more (in my opinion)

So for instance, if you have say shoulders with red & blue sockets on them and a 5 spell power bonus. The easy answer to this is two red gems. If you have say Legs with red and yellow sockets and a 7 spell power bonus, then you would gem a Runed red & a reckless ametrine.

well for starters you have quite abit of mp5 for ele, and not much crit, haste is at a good amount atm but i would recommend dpsing the lvl 80 dummy left of the heroic because CL doesnt bounce and its a "more accurate" dps reading than going on 4 close lvl 60 dummys so your CL will bounce and hit more. try change crit trink for a SP one maybe..i find for me that the abyssal rune cant be replaced unless the anub 25 trinket or rotface/fester 25 man 155 haste trink drops for me and yea 1h and shield will usually give better stats (not all the time) but if theres a shield and 1h of same ilvl as your staff you will find its better to use them.

and fully enchant your gear i see your staff doesnt hve an enchant and you are missing out on aloooooooooooot of SP
    Don't be such a a vagine man

Ill just say from your screenshot it looks like you just using the normal cast bar. You could try using an Addon like Quartz (or one of the many other Cast Bar addons out there) which shows you your latency allowing you to get your casts off in sync of your latency. This is often a damage booster for many casters (although it looks as though you have a fairly nice latency)