Demo spec/gearing question

Hello fellow warlocks.

I am currently playing with the idea of trying out the Demo spec for the walking raid buff it provides. I am going from an affliction primary spec to demo secondary but am wondering about gearing.

I have got 4 piece T9 with the chest as the offset (merlins robes) and am wondering if the 4 piece T9 is all that great for Demo warlocks as it is for affliction warlocks? Should I look at breaking teh set and just going for the 2 piece and getting the head and shoulder 245's for the boosts they provide in spellpower and thus a bigger raid buff?

I'm a tad confused and a little lost. Any help would be super for this.

Here is my armory link for those that may want to see it to compare. I don't usually raid with a shadow priest or boomkin so need the full hit of 17$ (wish i did run with one but alas not everything is perfect)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...axis&n=Neothos

Thanks in advance

Re: Demo spec/gearing question

Stick with what you have. You are okay (at least as far as I can see).

But here are a couple of little things:
    Head: Change the +10 Stats to +12SP +10Spirit
    Chest: yellow socket to +12SP +10Haste (you: 23SP // me: 21SP +10Haste // 10Haste > 2SP)
    Legs: change the +23SP to +12SP +10Haste. (you: 23SP // me: 19SP +10Haste // 10Haste > 4SP)

I'd recommend getting the Emblems of Triumph Hit-trinket and wand. Then you can purchase the cloak from Emblems of Frost or change your necklace (your two "worst" pieces).

Don't worry about 2SP more or less that you give to the raid. As long as it is more than 280 (Shaman's Totem of Wrath), everything is cool.
    Your raid is more likely to blaim a wipe on you because YOU deal too little damage than to blaim you because your provided buff was 2SP less than it should have been.

I hope that helps.

If you are uncertain about rotation and so on, I reccomend the demonology guide video a few threads further.

thank you very much for the advise. The video guide was a great help for me starting to learn the ropes for this spec. I tried it back when you had to weave and didn't enjoy it because of that, thus went destro for that period that I actually played my lock.

I will look into getting hold of the wand + tinket and have a play around with that.

You advice is very helpful

I have a question about Demo locks. I have been trying to find the answer somewhere for a bit here and thought I'd rather post on a current thread than make a whole new one.

How much haste should a demo lock get? I currently have 520haste. Is that too much, too little, or right about good?

As a demo warlock you're gonna want a lot of haste as atm i have 900 excluding spellstone however you also want a lot of SP so you can give your raid group a good amount of buffs so aim for SP then Haste but haste is never bad 2 stack until you start clipping which is like 1240+ so don't worry about it.

At the moment you are using Elemental Focus Stone, which is pure overkill, giving you extra 108 hit while already being hitcapped.
    Also Ice Crystal is something that you don't want to use as demo.

Wish you good luck on obtaining Spyglass. Meanwhile use Abyssal Rune/Illustration of Dragon Soul/Eye of Broodmother, anything that provides spellpower, which is your main stat as demo.

Also to those locks who are claiming go haste over spirit as demo, please check calculations on elitist/warlock's den. You might find some nice reading.

Lumememm, lock 80, Twisting Nether EU

I use the focus stone atm because being horde I don't get Space Goat 1% hit aura, also my raid group doesn't always have a SPriest/Boomkin so i need to have it at hand for when I run without them, when they are present I use the eye of the brood mother.

The Spyglass dropped last night, I won the roll but lost due to loot count so next time it drops it's mine :P

Gearing for hit without guaranteed hit from other players can be a pain due to needing to have back up hit gear.

Any more pointers anyone can give?

Quote Originally Posted by Lumememm
    Also to those locks who are claiming go haste over spirit as demo, please check calculations on elitist/warlock's den. You might find some nice reading.
    um, 3.3 stat weights in t10 gear are Warlock_T9_00_56_15 Sta=0.2143 Int=0.5600 Spi=1.1149 SP=1.5322 Hit=3.0691 Crit=1.0610 Haste=1.5983

Those values are for personal DPS. Spirit is potentially stronger for rDPS and SP is definitely superior for rDPS.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Those values are for personal DPS. Spirit is potentially stronger for rDPS and SP is definitely superior for rDPS.
    that would depend on your raid composition now wouldnt it

You'd need 2 casters for SP to beat haste and you'd need 9 casters for Spirit to beat Haste. Those numbers include yourself. If you also consider the gain to healing that DP provides despite having no effect on rDPS then Spirit is almost universally better than Haste in 25 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffason
    that would depend on your raid composition now wouldnt it
    Hm sure, if your raid has no healers and only melee dps ;D

That said, Demonology is about maximizing raid dps, but it doesn't mean you should try to max out DP at all cost. If the rdps gain is inferior than your personal dps loss, then it is not worth it.

As an obvious enough example, you shouldn't use a +sp metagem over a Chaotic skyflare even if it boosts your DP value, for instance.