Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Race for Horde Warrior?

Sup.
    I'm planning to make a 2nd warrior. Current 1 is gnome cause i love the EA but this time i'll try horde.
    But i'm not 100% sure which race to pick, that's why i want some opinions.

So either it will be a Tauren or an UD.
    Taure for Stomp + 5% HP
    UD for WotF

I tend to Taure cause Stomp is nice to buy "some time" and 5% more HP...why not.
    But all of a sudden everyone comes up with "Oh noez, undead is much better" but nobody can tell me why.
    Breaking an extra Charm/Sleep (not counting Fear cause for that you already have Berserk Rage) is nice but is there some hidden buff comin up the hill i don't see coming yet? Or is this just some random hype cause "UDs are so cool *____*"?

Opinions, plx.
    Deal with it...

Re: Race for Horde Warrior?

Personally i would choose Orc. But in your case i would choose UD because they look cooler and the Tauren stomp isn't that great. Goodluck choosing
    Quote Originally Posted by Moar
    You should hear about the time I divided by zero.
    Long story short, I created physics.
    - 80 Rogue -

Tauren stomp has too long of a cast time and the +5% hps is to base hps...not the total with gear hps.....go undead.

Do you want to DPS or be a tank?

If you want to DPS, go Orc
    If you want to Tank, go Tauren.

Currently Undead racials are relatively useless for PvE and have been nerfed to oblivion by the wotf nerf for PvP.

15+ Year Old Account

Sorry for asking, but why do you want to make another character that you already have? Why not another class then?

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

I'd go Orc. Well I should say I did go Orc. I love it. It was changed from 5% hp along time ago for tauren. Not sure how often WotF comes into play considering we have beserking rage. Warstomp is nice, but I haven't found it ever something I felt I needed.

IMO i would pick Orc because they have a good racial and they look for more badass with gear on. Tauren Stomp is worthless and Undead WoTF is nerfed to shit.

GO ORC!

10+ Year Old Account

Orc for PvP
    Tauren for PvE

IMO Undead Warriors have never been overly great and WoTF after its first nerf a long ass time ago has been greatly over hyped and exaggerated. Especially for Warriors.

Tauren have warstomp and 5% base health, which is like 405 extra health at 80. Warstomp isn't that useful for pve, not very good as a dps, and has a cast time, which is bad as a tank, can't dodge block or parry while casting, but is okay for pvp.

Orcs: They have the attack power cool down, which if popped every CD, works out to be something like 40 extra attack power, and 5 expertise with axes. The 5 expertise is amazing, but as a tank you don't see very many tank axes, but for dps its amazing, because many 2 handed weapons are axes, not to mention axe spec is the best arms spec. The stun reduction is also useful in pvp.

Trolls: The only racial worth mentioning is the troll berserk, which is okay at best, not to exiting really.

Undead: The only thing worth mentioning here is Will of the forsaken, which has been nerfed for pvp to near uselessness sadly, and charm/sleep isn't too common in pve, however, another fear breaker is nice, trade CDs with zerker rage, and you can break several fears in a row, like say onyxia you can trade CDs and get the first 3.

TLR, Trolls and Undead don't have many useful racials, play them if you want to look cool. Orcs are amazing dps, specially if you use an axe, and tauren have slightly more health, and a bit of utility for pvp. None of the racials are what you would call game breaking, I play an undead personally because I love them.

15+ Year Old Account

As nice as WotF may seem at first, it has been nerfed repeatedly, and probably will continue to receive that nerf in the future, it already shares a 45 second cooldown with similar abilities, might as well just get the trinket if you plan on PvPing.

I'd have to agree with the rest of the community and say Orc, not only do they look great in plate, their racials are pretty appealing, especially for that of melee DPS.
    "Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greatest heroes, you are still only mortal."
    "You fear that which you cannot control. But can you control your fear?"

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    Sorry for asking, but why do you want to make another character that you already have? Why not another class then?
    You know that sounds kinda stupid but my current warrior is something like a lil "legend" on my server so i just don't wanna delete it or change fraction with it...but at the same time my current server is dead. So i'll start over again on a new server and try horde. I'm a bit warrior addicted and i think you can't have enough of them.

Thanks for your opinions so far. But i'm still a bit confused. Wasn't the orc AP racial something like 322 AP only? Is this such a huge boost? I mean even with those 1000ap trinkets it's sometimes hard to see a difference. Means overall it's pure style since for PvP nothing can keep up with the "every man for himself" racial from humans?
    Deal with it...

this may sound stupid but as a old gnome player turned horde i had difficulty with my tauren as it was so damn big and being used too a gnome it was quite different to play with, i would recommend an undead female simply due to the fact that they are small and you dont see alot of them around and they look cool, screw racials they will all be changed by cataclysm, pick a race you like to play

WHY ARE PEOPLE REFERING TO PVE WHEN IT'S UNDER "PVP - ARENA"?'
    This is an outrage!

On topic; Tauren because they are huge and you'll feel much different as you've played gnome a lot. Lol.

I just made a warrior myself, but went with one of the most elusive combo's of all....FEMALE Tauren Warrior. Myabe it's just my server, but I swear I've never seen a single one..same with Female troll hunters, you just don't see them.

If you are seriously "still" in a dilemma between tauren(%5 more base hp - which is pretty useless/herbalism - wohooo/stomp - can be cool) and an undead(WoTF?you really count that as a GOOD thing??/underwater breathing - wohooo) you are terribly misinformed about this game my friend.

Go orc, get a TBC trinket for free, spend less time in stuns/have expertise with axes and get to dance like MC Hammer

Think expertise is useless for pvp? go die in a corner while your opponent dodges your mortal strikes and keep hittin those awesome Overpowers for 5k when the other guy heals him for 6k without ms debuff

Cata coming soon. Racials now meaningless

Quote Originally Posted by hx9
    I just hope you're not holding your breath

Quote Originally Posted by hx9
    Define soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Orc.

Wotf aint that good anymore (wotf fear, cant trinket blind, trinket fear, blind. for 45 sec).

And they look badass

Deleted

I still like trolls. Their racials might not be awesome, they might not be the best class for warriors..

Yet their attack animations are win! :3