Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rumors of the demise of the WL

Hey!

I just want to start again. Roll a warlock. Nice class. bla, bla, bla.

Some people told me that the warlock isn't as powerful as in BC. low dps, very low damage. I like the class, but i just want to know: is the class that bad? why do so many people say, that he is at the end of the recount. it sounds to me like they never played the class the right way, but maybe I'm wrong.

i already read the stickys. feel free to flame .

Re: Rumors of the demise of the WL

Naw, 'tis not a bad class. It's in - at the very least - a decent place right now.

any chance of coming back to the first places in the dmg meters? would like to see my WL beeing on top :P. yes, i know: dmg is not all.. but hey .

10+ Year Old Account

In ICC if you have a mage, rogue or ret pally in your group they will need to be very bad or you need to be very good to have a chance of out dpsing them.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Warlocks won't be on top of the charts (atleast in wotlk). Rogues will beat us any day and some other classes too. Hopefully in Cataclysm things will be better. At best we're somewhere in middle.

Note that this is with all equal gear and skill. In reality all players are different and in some guild some lock may be the #1 dps.

damn...
    hmm well, that won't make my decision easier. is there any page, which shows me the dps ranking from ICC or other instances?

Deleted

He might not be at top, but isn't that where we all want to be?

On the other hand, if he's low, he's doing something wrong, or isn't up the gear standards.

Deleted

Any class can be good if played to its max potential.

Warlocks have never been bad, they just sometimes have worse than others. Like stated before, they are somewhere in the middle at the moment. But they do Bring good utility abilities with them, and that makes the invaluable.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aiushtha
    Any class can be good if played to its max potential.

Warlocks have never been bad
    Vanilla WoW would like a word with you.

No class ever stays at the top of a DPS table for an entire expansion so warlocks may not be as OP as we were at the end of TBC but our time will come again. Also as mentioned, our DPS isnt that bad, even if we suck at DPS, we will still get a raid spot for the buffs and what not we bring (HS, SS, CoE and all that) just make sure your guild isnt overwhelmed with warlocks if you want to raid alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Impurath
    Warlocks won't be on top of the charts (atleast in wotlk). Rogues will beat us any day and some other classes too. Hopefully in Cataclysm things will be better. At best we're somewhere in middle.

Note that this is with all equal gear and skill. In reality all players are different and in some guild some lock may be the #1 dps.
    Well I would say this depends totally on your spec and the fight. On some fights I can top the meters quite easily (or in the top 3 shared with other locks :P), others I will be around the middle. If I need to be demo I wont be topping the meters but wont be at the bottom either. If we are talking about trash tho or heroics then as affliction I am seldom at the top. I often top them on the bosses but usually below tanks on trash (unless I soc spam but that can be dangerous sometimes :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Conditional
    He might not be at top, but isn't that where we all want to be?

On the other hand, if he's low, he's doing something wrong, or isn't up the gear standards.
    Or is just under a ton of other good people

Deleted

I play a warlock, and i wouldnt say they're bad. They're awesome.. very easy to dps with ;P

As a Demo Lock I have 1k Haste 37% Crit about 4500 SP Raid Buffed

I pull 5-6k on most fights
    I think I'm playing it wrong though lol

As destro I can pull 6-8k raid buffed depending on the fight...

Not necessarily a bad place just a weird one from my perspective...

Arc mages
    Mut Rogues
    Marx/Surv Huntards
    Will most likely beat you

Unless you play affliction and then your only competition is the Mut rogue

Thanks alot!

Why is affliction better? I thought corruption doesn't scale with haste anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Cetylex
    Thanks alot!

Why is affliction better? I thought corruption doesn't scale with haste anymore?
    You sound rather retarded
    EDIT: for those who are complaining our class is not strong enough yadda yadda yadda. Quit crying. You're doing something wrong. Not all classes will always be equal in DPS output. Different classes will shine in different fights.
    Our DPS, with the recent Affliction and Destruction buffs is fine. If you're sat for a raid, it is very much likely because you're bad, not your class.

just topping metres shouldnt be the soul reason you choose a class,

Speaking as a mage, I wish I was a warlock, in truth mages out dps warlocks, but mages only press 1-2 buttons maximum, and a few situational utilities.

warlock has some similar amout of utilitys and a slightly more complex rotation which leads to more interesting game play.

there are 1001 blue posts stateing exactly this "bring the player not the class" choose which ever class you most ENJOY, at the end of the day, every class and every spec will get a raid spot.

just for the smart-brains out there: i don't have a WL, wanna play one. so: i can't play the class bad.

question answered, thanks @ the pros

Quote Originally Posted by Acrimony
    You sound rather retarded
    EDIT: for those who are complaining our class is not strong enough yadda yadda yadda. Quit crying. You're doing something wrong. Not all classes will always be equal in DPS output. Different classes will shine in different fights.
    Our DPS, with the recent Affliction and Destruction buffs is fine. If you're sat for a raid, it is very much likely because you're bad, not your class.
    what desto buff? stil playing the first 24h of 3.1?

At this moment, the only class you can't beat on dps is a rogue - In theory cats as well. But it's pretty challenging to keep up an aff like skill-priority from melee range on most fights. As aff you can top every caster. Mages do breath down your neck and they're very easy to play compared to an aff warlock.

If you want some easy high dps roll either mage or rogue. They play like the TBC succubus saccing warlocks. If you wan't some challenge roll a lock and give aff a try.

If I remember correctly my highest dps done was on saurfang or dw. Passed 9.5k dps - My personal record. I'll try to top that again tonight.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side