Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Why some RET don't even spec Seal of Command?

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn
    The thing is... no one cares about trash, or what you can do on it. ooh! 10k DPS because you're AOEing 20 mobs.

Do those numbers on a boss consistently over the entire 5 minute encounter, and then come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by harky
    "Trash doesn't matter."
    "AOE doesn't matter."

Basically idiots who don't understand raid dynamics and haven't noticed how important AOE has become in Wrath.
    Veredyn probably uses SoV on Lady Deathwhisper.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    "Trash doesn't matter."
    "AOE doesn't matter."

Basically idiots who don't understand raid dynamics and haven't noticed how important AOE has become in Wrath.
    I find the trash before Marrowgar and Lady Gaga harder then these bosses themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Probably on Gunship also. >.>

Srsly, Our raid leader was more like "Paladins need to do 20k or GTFO and we swap you with a Unholy DK"

PS. -Seal Twist on Anub, that for Pros. (I am Expertise Capped so taking the SoC Glyph might help with mana issues on seal twisting. 20% to a spell we use once a min to min and a half is a meh)
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by DaLeetPawner
    I find the trash before Marrowgar and Lady Gaga harder then these bosses themselves...
    rofl lady gaga

10+ Year Old Account

i do that... but then again i faceroll the boss to death...
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilzlo
    This is purely wrong, You can puff off over 11-20k on ICC trash easily with SoC and 2 set10, you won't go even near that with a single target seal.

Other than that, OP's post doesn't make much sense. Obviously, anyone with half a brain will use SoC for trash and SoV for bossfights.
    Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck.

Also keep in mind that SoC > SoR on repeated switching single target fights once you're in ToC25/ICC10 gear (mainly weapon).

And yes, good ret paladins should seal twist on fights like deathwhisper/anub'arak. I don't have mana issues twisting either (use DP more often).

because some people are just idiots ... let them do what they want... if they feel that the seals useless good for them

just makes the people that know wtf there doing look better XD
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadow+Council&n=Divineknight
    http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/5593/divineknightsignature.jpg

Well, i guess, beause before 3.3 SoComm was not very good and in the eyes of those rets not worth speccing.

I TANK with SoC....when AoE tanking is called for (every single heroic).

SoC is supreme in all AoE situations, unless you're holy..
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopsa
    I TANK with SoC....when AoE tanking is called for (every single heroic).

SoC is supreme in all AoE situations, unless you're holy..
    SoV is better for sustained AoE TPS.
    SoC is better for snap AoE TPS.

In a raid i don't think it makes a pally bad for not using com on trash, it's not that big a deal. In heroics would be pretty bad as it's mostly trash, and bosses die in 30 seconds. Although it's pretty hard not to pick it up, there is nothing much better, even if it only shaves 10 seconds of per trash pack think it's worth the mana.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gmf1
    In a raid i don't think it makes a pally bad for not using com on trash, it's not that big a deal. In heroics would be pretty bad as it's mostly trash, and bosses die in 30 seconds. Although it's pretty hard not to pick it up, there is nothing much better, even if it only shaves 10 seconds of per trash pack think it's worth the mana.
    So on ICC trash if everyone does 3k DPS, thats ok?

Considering your running at least 1 heroic every day for frost badges it seems silly to not spec SoC.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hewer&n=Vareus

Sure, im super geared, but i walk out of 75% of instances doing close to if not over half of the group's damage the entire run, just one person pulling 5-7k through a heroic trash and bosses alike makes it so that except the instances with a silly cap on how fast you can go like CoT and VH means you can usually beat the 15 min dungeon cooldown to the last boss.

And if you are gonna cry about having to switch seals while in a dungeon, just use command the whole time, sure you lose dps on the bosses but unlike what some people say trash may not be important if all you look at is doing the most dps on bosses, but the faster you clear the trash the more time you have on bosses or the quicker you clear content.

SoC+2t10 is going to make ret pallies GODs of 5 man clears, get good enough and you might be able to start selling your services.

15+ Year Old Account

This thread is now about how awesome Seal of Light is.

Seal of Light is awesome.

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

Id agree that seal-"twisting" can give ya some nice overall numbers but tbh on Anub Arak esp 25heroic its counter productive, dmg done to boss = shorter fight = less overall e-peen dps = less likely to wipe = more win. I only switch to command once he burrows to finish off the adds + its pretty nice on those swarm scarabs > then back to SoV as soon as boss pops out.

Ontopic: Rets who do not have Seal of Command specced for PvE have failed at their class and need to reroll.

Whats wrong with that if the Raid lets you Tunnelvison her and you dont have to care for the Adds.

Also people who have mana issues with Seal Switching should judge Wisdom and as stated before use DP more.

Also some people dont switch seal because they only Have one libram with them and its usually the Triumph Badges one. I dont know why they just dont get the Pvp one for SoC on trash or the 200 one.
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

I can skip everything I've read in this post due the fact that the thing called "GEARSCORE" shit is so annoying, people started to evaluate others via that stupid thing.

"zomg I'm better than you on WoW Heroes"
    "HOLYCRAP U NUB I R HAZ MOAR SCOR THN U"

etc..etc..etc..

Made by myself while I'm bored..

i use the 264 libram
    and soc for the whole dungeon
    why?
    sov never has 5 stacks.. boss dies before that so its useless to switch
    or right after that
    and yea i run my rdm heroics with friends.. alone suxx vent/ts ftw
    all pulling 6-10k dps on bossfights
    while i tank most times anyway (and i tank with sov)

Quote Originally Posted by Merander
    Whats wrong with that if the Raid lets you Tunnelvison her and you dont have to care for the Adds.

Also people who have mana issues with Seal Switching should judge Wisdom and as stated before use DP more.

Also some people dont switch seal because they only Have one libram with them and its usually the Triumph Badges one. I dont know why they just dont get the Pvp one for SoC on trash or the 200 one.
    You obviously missed the joke...

Click to see my Armory