Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Why some RET don't even spec Seal of Command?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester_Joker
    Before I say anything, I haven't logged on to my paladin to play Ret since... the first week of 3.2. But, at least back in 3.2....

Seal of Command was not the best Retribution Seal. Seal of Vengeance (Seal of Blood for horde, I think) is (at least was) the best seal for Paladin DPS. In a few cases, people would 'seal twist' to a Seal of Command for trash, but Righteousness is nearly as good for AoE trash pulls, and in the end it doesn't really make a difference.
    fail.
    my GS is low, like 4.8k. But I was doing 10k DPS in ICC25 trash clear running with SoC. try that with SoR and tell me how far you can go.

SoC is the best AE seal we have. I pull aggro in HoR all the time with this cursed seal... and die horribly...

Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie
    Id agree that seal-"twisting" can give ya some nice overall numbers but tbh on Anub Arak esp 25heroic its counter productive, dmg done to boss = shorter fight = less overall e-peen dps = less likely to wipe = more win. I only switch to command once he burrows to finish off the adds + its pretty nice on those swarm scarabs > then back to SoV as soon as boss pops out.

Ontopic: Rets who do not have Seal of Command specced for PvE have failed at their class and need to reroll.
    seal twisting is nice if you know you have more than a minute time to dps a single target with SoV. all pallies should be seal twisting to max out their dps.

I seal twist as a tank and ret. you all should too.

Quote Originally Posted by meag333
    You obviously missed the joke...
    Probably :-\
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by perfectus
    seal twisting is nice if you know you have more than a minute time to dps a single target with SoV. all pallies should be seal twisting to max out their dps.

I seal twist as a tank and ret. you all should too.
    Its actually at 14.blahblahblah seconds that SoV starts to be better than SoR/SoC on single target fights.

This shit is bananas B A N A N A S!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Evilzlo
    This is purely wrong, You can puff off over 8-10k on ICC trash easily with SoC, you won't go even near that with a single target seal.

Other than that, OP's post doesn't make much sense. Obviously, anyone with half a brain will use SoC for trash and SoV for bossfights.
    8-10k? that's low man....i get @ 15-18k on trash in icc(exept the trash b4 funboats, i get @ 11-12k there with command)

Quote Originally Posted by Azareus
    Well, i guess, beause before 3.3 3.2.2 SoComm was not very good and in the eyes of those rets not worth speccing.
    Fixed. Small matter of 4 months difference there skippy. There were no changes to SoC in 3.3.

Since everyone is using SoC so much, assuming they don't have Libram of Three Truths yet, I hope everyone is remembered to pull their Libram of Reciprocation out of the bank ;D

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jester_Joker
    Before I say anything, I haven't logged on to my paladin to play Ret since... the first week of 3.2. But, at least back in 3.2....

Seal of Command was not the best Retribution Seal. Seal of Vengeance (Seal of Blood for horde, I think) is (at least was) the best seal for Paladin DPS. In a few cases, people would 'seal twist' to a Seal of Command for trash, but Righteousness is nearly as good for AoE trash pulls, and in the end it doesn't really make a difference.
    I ponder why someone who is clearly ignorant of the current state of Ret DPS would feel it necessary to input his outdated opinion lol. SoComm is fantastic for trash, underwhelming for bosses. Is it worth the one talent point? Hell yes it is. Besides where else are you going to put one point in a spec that can be described as burdened with leftover talent points after taking everything worthwhile.

If a paladin is doing less tha 10k DPS on ICC trash, you are better of with 24 people.

Point is SoComm = Win

Quote Originally Posted by brainpsyk
    Since everyone is using SoC so much, assuming they don't have Libram of Three Truths yet, I hope everyone is remembered to pull their Libram of Reciprocation out of the bank ;D
    Damn i wish I had held on to that libram. I just didn't see a day where it woud be worth using after the 245/arena version combo.

Back to ulduar I go.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by brainpsyk
    I hope everyone is remembered to pull their Libram of Reciprocation out of the bank ;D
    3.5% crit up 60% of the fight? why? its bad..

Deleted

5600 GS and I don't have it(7/13/51), just can't spare the point. Haven't respecced since 3.1 though. Sure, it's nice on trash but for heroics-ICC trash, SoR will do just fine. Usually in heroics I have to hold back anyway since I'm also on top on the damage taken meters with the tanks you usually get. As for ICC, I don't really care what my DPS on trash is, they get down anyway and I'm usually not lower than 5th there.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ita
    5600 GS and I don't have it(7/13/51), just can't spare the point. Haven't respecced since 3.1 though. Sure, it's nice on trash but for heroics-ICC trash, SoR will do just fine. Usually in heroics I have to hold back anyway since I'm also on top on the damage taken meters with the tanks you usually get. As for ICC, I don't really care what my DPS on trash is, they get down anyway and I'm usually not lower than 5th there.
    yes, why should you max your dps when everyone around you can max theirs instead?

and if you havent respecced at all since 3.1...wouldnt it cost like 5g to do?
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Quote Originally Posted by The_swad
    Damn i wish I had held on to that libram. I just didn't see a day where it woud be worth using after the 245/arena version combo.

Back to ulduar I go.
    You're in luck. 10 badges of Heroism ;D

Quote Originally Posted by MilitantCasual
    It really shouldn't be a surprise that some people haven't figured out a spec change after months of it being live. Hell, people still think Disc Priests suck because they don't top HPS meters.
    The Disc Priests line made me LOL in real life. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by MilitantCasual
    It really shouldn't be a surprise that some people haven't figured out a spec change after months of it being live. Hell, people still think Disc Priests suck because they don't top HPS meters.
    Lol'd hard.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ita
    TL;DR version: "I'm bad and proud of it."

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!