Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Why I hate tanking through the new lfg tool

While Im tanking I see pretty good dps... Maybe the OP is just unlucky.

Slightly Offtopic but still something I wanted to share.
    I am currently leveling a palladin and whenever I feel like doing a random dungeon i queue up as tank (anywhere from lvl 20-50 so far). I have Skada on showing my threat and i usually dont bother about dmg/dps.
    But over the last few runs I've been looking at the dmg done in the end and i've noticed that when tanking I end up doing 50-60% of the total dmg done in the instance.

Makes me wonder what the "dps" are doing...

Then tell me why people do heroics if not for gearing up?
    Excluding the once-a-day-2frost-badges kind of players. <---- thats me!
    Kabukage 85 Tauren Shaman - Ahn'Qiraj EU
    Gandalug 85 Dwarf Paladin - Emerald Dream EU

It's OK. I'm levelling a Priest entirely through LFD at the moment, and I am starting to Loathe Tanks with a Passion.
    Call it evens.

I farmed around 250 emblems this weekend with my alt DK tank. At least 75% of the dps is below my dps (that's 1.8k - 2.2k). If they are new players and have bad gear i don't really mind, but afkers are getting kicked right away or i just leave.

It's starting to look like BG afking.

I usually tank and my brother heals and we will be offered a dungeon spot almost immediately, half the time I'm either 2nd or 3rd, and sometimes 1st, all they reply with is "trying out new specc" or "lagging"

Personally I don't care, as long as we clear the instance quick (which being a tank is easy, chain pull ftw), just dieing on silly mistakes annoys me
    Fire is good, it gives people fire, warmth and the ability to cook stuff, it also sets people alight, yay!

Deleted

I like when the dps is like 2k.. that makes my tanking much easier.. rather than 5-6k dpsers.. tho i dont like 600 dps :P

Quote Originally Posted by Leé the Noble
    I like when the dps is like 2k.. that makes my tanking much easier.. rather than 5-6k dpsers.. tho i dont like 600 dps :P
    Good dps are those that overaggro continuesly. It makes my job as a tank much more fun, and I can see they're pushing for it. Playing dps myself I constantly overaggro (and not even on purpose, warrior threat reduction wru ???). It fuels my ragepool and makes me burst through the instance with 8-10k dps, making the whole thing last 10 minutes.

Sure, the healer has to heal a different person. But heals on me means more dps, as simple as that.

I'm guessing you're trolling OP. I'm usually top but I don't care because it gets me personally through the instance a lot quicker. Found that most people behind me are around the 3-4k mark so it's not like they're doing low dps for heroics anyway.
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Tobblish
    if you have shity gear you get ppl with shity gear, easy as that!

from my dps point of view you are having bad luck or your battlegroup just suck.
    Have been doing a lot of random hc and I have never even seen the tank be near the lowest dps.

This is incorrect, I have a 5k gearscore enhance / resto shaman and my gnome warrior is at 4900 fury / prot. I get stuck with really badly geared people all the time. Worst one was a H-FoS where the druid healer was wearing 4 pieces of feral gear, like a 2900 gearscore.

The tool needs some work, its not bad though. But even more then the LFG needing work, people with gear that is completely wrong need to start running normal modes before they try and Heal / Tank heroics "24k health bear form tank..."

Been gearing my dk tankwise trough lfg tool. Srsly I don´t bother much about dps being unless its extremelly low. What bother me is ppl just zerging whatever shows up in their face. No assisting the tank or at least attacking the mob marked with the big skull... Just full out on whatever or aoe power. Usually I can still agroo pretty well, but it´s impossible when dps are tottally overgeared and should know better.

If your a good geared tank then the internal gear score thing will most likely get dps that has not so great gear score. If you want good dps wear crap gear and queue then switch once you're in. Plus stop complaining you're top dps woohoo you win.

So lets say the instance has a required 500 point gear structure to get in. You have 300 points cause you are so leet. The tool then fills out the rest. If the healer is 150 guess what the DPS is made of.

What I dont understand is if you are not making an effort and you are out DPSing them and the instance is going fine what do you care?

You are there for the same reason they are. To get loot/emblems the easiest way possible.

Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I would like to share some info on this matter aswell, now that I have a Paladin to tank with. It's recently (1week ago) that I dinged 80 and started farming heroics, at first I wouldn't trust a random healer to heal me through the instance, due to my sucky gear, so I would always grab a healer from the guild, since I already know their performance and give them head's up that I'm chain pulling... it all goes well.

Now my prot pala has (5000ish GS) and here's what I really want to share with you guys.

The power of REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY

Every time I queue alone to the LFG system, when everyone enters and buff up etc... I always start chat with the following:

"hey there, how's everyone doing?"
    -after getting the replies, I say the magic words:
    "I bet none of you can over-aggro mobs from me" (When you say something like this to a dps-er... you basically offend and insult his e-peen, therefore forcing him to perform better).
    -Random replies from the dps... and the healer goes like "oh shit"
    then I say "let the fun begin" and I start pulling.
    GearScore - is directly related to Skill; the More you care about it, the Less you have.
    GearScore - is like a Bikini; what it shows is Suggestive, what it hides is far more Important.

ITT: Yiqa explains whan happens when he doesn't ask for people to join from gchat.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account

I went to vacation and left my mate to do the daily heroics for me.
    My DK is high end (ICC 25, ToGC 25) geared and even has bryntroll.

The thing is.. I know that this person just has no idea how to dps
    First time when we used the LFG tool he was accidentally invited as tank (well thats my fault for leaving tank option chosen. This gear is top end aswell) and got kicked on the first half of UK. Told him after that to take tanking option off.
    I just wish I was there to see the faces of those ppl with him in the group. (After looking at all the achievements completed AND especially the tards who bother looking at gearscore, has to be just hilarious XD)

(The dps is probably OK, but thats because ghoul [if lucky] alone deals 1.2k with kings [HOPEFULLY he uses it], add white melee and bryntroll he probably ends to 1.7-2.2k [maybe more, not exactly sure]. Thats quite bad anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian
    I farmed around 250 emblems this weekend with my alt DK tank. At least 75% of the dps is below my dps (that's 1.8k - 2.2k). If they are new players and have bad gear i don't really mind, but afkers are getting kicked right away or i just leave.
    If the tank is pulling 1.8k - 2.2k DPS, they're probably going to beat their DPS or come very close. That isn't the DPS' fault. Well...it isn't always the DPS' fault...

My wife isn't exactly a "great player", and manages 1400-1600 DPS with a 3200 GS (after I asked her to use Incinerate. And take Glyph of Immolate). I was sorta surprised to get grouped with a DPS DK that had a 4200 GS and managed 400 DPS less than her. She got a good self-esteem boost from that.
    Nyuthing!

Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg

This is incorrect, I have a 5k gearscore enhance / resto shaman and my gnome warrior is at 4900 fury / prot. I get stuck with really badly geared people all the time. Worst one was a H-FoS where the druid healer was wearing 4 pieces of feral gear, like a 2900 gearscore.

The tool needs some work, its not bad though. But even more then the LFG needing work, people with gear that is completely wrong need to start running normal modes before they try and Heal / Tank heroics "24k health bear form tank..."
    24k is enough
    sure he cant chain pull but its enough
    (remember back in the days running every heroic with 20k bear) :>

Quote Originally Posted by Brontotaurus
    Ok, my main is tank too and from my observation is simply that most of the tanks know their class because they care and enjoy the challenge, thus making them strife to aqueeze every last bit out of specc and gear...

Simple solutions for the OP:

a) get a guild group and join the tool as party
    b) play a dps and live with 10-15 minute queues
    c) continue as tank and simply live with it...
    Why do all your solutions ignore the fact that this is an issue because OTHER people suck? What's so wrong with calling bad players bad nowadays...

Excellent topic, allow me to expand upon it.

Being a tank means you get an instant queue, which is the main benefit for being a tank, and chances are, your not going to get booted no matter how lousy you are.

And yes, I usually am top dps or second with my warrior or dk tank, no big deal, I'm used to carrying noobsause.

But, every now and then, when I'm on my warrior tank, who is geared to the teeth mind you, I get some under geared scrub asking me to put Vigilance on them. Now when this happens, I usually say, " Sorry, you don't need it" and leave it at that, but this usually angers the tard who keeps asking for it, and when I show them how pathetic their threat out-put is, I usually get told how I have no life or I bought my toon off E-Bay, to which I then tank to the next boss, take off my shield and boots, and proceed to tank the boss and still pull 70k more threat than the next scrub.

Some advice to all tard dps and heals, let the tank, tank. Most tanks can look at a group and their Gearscores and know if the group is good in seconds. Yes, Gearscore is a tool used by tanks to bail on tards so we don't get saved, and then laugh at you guys.