Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: can anyone give some advice to a noob bear

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    I heard some guilds use Misdirects.

Hit cap + exp hard cap for bears is silly. I'd rather max out my survivability. If a dps pulls aggro and dies, the fight is probably going to continue. If I take too much dmg and die, we're probably going to wipe.

Proper spec and without being a total sponge will make you absolutely fine on threat. Really good DPS might peak at 10k TPS, I can hold 9-10k in my crappy OS gear. If you ever get to LK, you'll understand the importance of survivability.
    I understand the survivability for the LK but my guild can't understand how easy rotface is for 25 man, just some dumb dps keep attacking the boss when they should move, got to 8% before the DPS panic and wipe the raid. Also will not skip some bosses until undead wing is clear, even I told them the Prince is easier.

By the time I get to the Lich King, I will be near 38k humanoid form.

I save my Berserk for heroism this where threat go crazy.

Enrage
    Charge/ Walk to boss
    FFF
    Maul+Mangle

I do all that but some paladin or warlock start going nut and their threat override my FFF before I was able to Maul+Mangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro
    I understand the survivability for the LK but my guild can't understand how easy rotface is for 25 man, just some dumb dps keep attacking the boss when they should move, got to 8% before the DPS panic and wipe the raid. Also will not skip some bosses until undead wing is clear, even I told them the Prince is easier.

By the time I get to the Lich King, I will be near 38k humanoid form.

I save my Berserk for heroism this where threat go crazy.

Enrage
    Charge/ Walk to boss
    FFF
    Maul+Mangle

I do all that but some paladin or warlock start going nut and their threat override my FFF before I was able to Maul+Mangle.
    berserk effects yellow attacks (mangle) while heroism effects white attacks. this is why it doesn't matter if a kitty saves berserk until heroism or not, it's not much of a dps change. if you're having problems at all just start with berserk, it gives room to play and you don't have to worry about spikes in threat as you'd already have a good lead

Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy
    berserk effects yellow attacks (mangle) while heroism effects white attacks. this is why it doesn't matter if a kitty saves berserk until heroism or not, it's not much of a dps change. if you're having problems at all just start with berserk, it gives room to play and you don't have to worry about spikes in threat as you'd already have a good lead
    Except that most wise bears have maul marco-ed to mangle as well as swipe. So hero pops, you pop berserk and go to town. now every 1.5-ish GCD maul hits, which means more DPS from faster white attacks, and more threat AND DPS from mangle going off every GCD.

Full Disclosure: I dont raid. I dont have a stable enough time frame to raid each week. When I run Random Heroics, I can usally shift from about 2.8k DPS, 8k TPS to ~4.5-4.7k DPS and well over 15k TPS with hero, zerk, and enrage for the 10% flat damage increase. Just dont run out of rage, then you are sitting waiting for a hit to do anything, which is bad.

replace wise with lazy.