15+ Year Old Account

Shadowmourne info

Ok, so once this next wing comes out we could technically(maybe, idk if there are 1000 mobs to be killed in the weeks between the next wing) get all the way through the Unholy Infusion quest. With Blood Infusion being able to be accepted but not completed.

I have a few questions still unanswered.

1) At what point do the shards begin to drop? Do they only drop if you have the Shadowfrost Shard quest?
    2) Assuming 2, or more, people have the quest in the same raid, will the shards be single drops or would both be allowed to loot it?
    3) Lastly, who drops the shards? If I remember correctly from Boub's post a while back it is all bosses. The only reason I ask is because of the language of the quest which says the "LK's most powerful subjects," or something along that line. Leading me to believe it would drop from the first wing bosses. Considering no shards have dropped from the first 4 bosses, and the speculation about question 1, I just don't know.

If you have verifiable answers please post them. If all you have is assumptions, make sure to clarify that also.

Edit: Also, going back to my very first paragraph, does anyone know the total number of trash mobs/bosses there are to kill, once we get on the Feast of Souls quest? Assuming you don't die on anything, you get credit for all things killed, you do 1 single clear of all trash and bosses with no resets. That is going to be a fun one, imo.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Re: Shadowmourne info

1) Pretty sure they only drop if you are on the Shard quest (assumption)
    2) No one knows for sure yet and we won't know untill a Blue tells us or untill the shard quest is reachable.
    3) All bosses have a chance to drop the shards. It's a higher chance on heroic. Atleast that is what the armory says

Edit1: Also the Unholy Infusion quest isn't where you have to kill 1000 mobs, That is the final quest in the chain. Which comes after the shard quest. Unholy Infusion involves the Putricide fight mechancics in some way. Not sure exactly how yet though.

Edit2: There are roughly 75-80 undead mobs/bosses in the first wing not including the adds on DeathWhisper. Which would be another (6 multiplied by the number of waves). No idea how many mods are in the later wings but guessing it'll be another good sized number of them, Depending on how much trash there is though.

15+ Year Old Account

Hmm, ok. The info I got was from wowwiki and it had the 1000 souls quest before the Unholy quest. If thats not the case, and the 1000 souls comes much later, then it should be fairly quick to get the 1000 souls in a fully functioning ICC.

Thx.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Hmm, ok. The info I got was from wowwiki and it had the 1000 souls quest before the Unholy quest. If thats not the case, and the 1000 souls comes much later, then it should be fairly quick to get the 1000 souls in a fully functioning ICC.

Thx.
    once you crafted it, your going to gather the 1000 souls, go check wowhead

it being shadow's edge, to avoid confusion :P