Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Gearing up feral tank - please help

Quote Originally Posted by Selverein
    Any color of gem can go in any color of socket. You just won't get the bonus if it doesn't match.

That's why if a bonus is unattractive (i.e. 8 AP) you can just put whatever you want in the socket.
    woaah, didnt know that now i won't be forced to gem stam + def anymore...

thx for answer.

Quote Originally Posted by mootlix
    Why not? In Heroics the armor reduction is trivial. And even in raids the armor reduction wont get you one shot or anywhere near killed if you don't use it stupidly.
    Just want to add to this:

/cast enrage
    /cancelaura enrage

Free 20 rage and no armor reduction. It can be quite handy despite what some bears think. Then again if you don't find yourself starving for rage you won't need it.

Please keep your Idol! It is better than the ilvl226 one, 'cos it triggers also from swipe which you use more than enough on heroics. It would be inferiour if it triggers only from lacerate, but that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by iluva
    Please keep your Idol! It is better than the ilvl226 one, 'cos it triggers also from swipe which you use more than enough on heroics. It would be inferiour if it triggers only from lacerate, but that's not the case.
    A quote from wowhead.com

"
    Idol of the Corruptor
    Your Mangle ability has a chance to grant 153 agility for 12 sec. (According to Wowhead this is a 100% proc chance so we'll assume 100% uptime)

Idol of Mutilation
    While in Bear Form, your Lacerate and Swipe abilities have a chance to grant 200 dodge rating for 9 sec. (Wowhead states 70% proc chance, so we'll also assume 100% uptime to compare this in the "best case scenario.")

Using ADneo's numbers above, with full raid buffs we'll assume Agility will be increased by 18% whereas dodge rating will never be increased by buffs.

153 x 1.18 = 180.53 which we'll round down to 180.

Idol of the Corruptor = 180 Agility
    Idol of Mutilation = 200 Dodge Rating

Bears gain 1% dodge for every 47.87 Agility
    200 Dodge rating is 4.71% dodge

180 / 47.87 = 3.7601838312095257990390641320242 (which I'll round to 3.76)

Idol of the Corruptor = 3.76% Dodge
    Idol of Mutilation = 4.71% Dodge

By dodge alone the Mutilation Idol is clearly the winner, however with the Corruptor Idol you also have to take into account the other things that Agility does for us bears.

180 Agility = 360 Armor
    180 Agility = 2.16% Crit (and more crit = more Savage Defense Procs for more mitigation)

So the bottom line here is this:

Idol of the Corruptor = 3.76% dodge, +360 armor, 2.16% crit
    idol of Mutilation = 4.71% dodge
    "

So i'll stick with my original statement, Idol of the Corruptor is point for point better than the Mutilation trinket, simply because it stacks with raid buffs and pure Agi is better than Dodge rating. But as i said earlier, carry both around so that you can swap them around for certain fights where that 1% dodge will be more beneficial.

I agree Mangle Idol is better, but for heroics when you're more likely to die on trash than a boss I'd use the Swipe Idol.

i will consider chaning my idol later, now i need emblems for shoulders and orbs. lesser gs, but indeed seems to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Richmond
    A quote from wowhead.com

Idol of the Corruptor
    Your Mangle ability has a chance to grant 153 agility for 12 sec. (According to Wowhead this is a 100% proc chance so we'll assume 100% uptime)

just to clear some things up.. kitty is 100% bear is not

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by grrmisfit
    just to clear some things up.. kitty is 100% bear is not
    Howso? There's a 100% proc chance; as long as your hit/expertise is high enough, the uptime is close enough to 100%. Obviously, if your hit or expertise are low, there's a chance that it will drop off, especially if you don't have imp mangle (since that will give you additional opportunities to refresh it before it falls off).

I started tanking Toc 10/25 with worse gear than u have so i think ull be fine
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Selverein can you supply a link to these macros?
    or the topic title I can't find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Howso? There's a 100% proc chance; as long as your hit/expertise is high enough, the uptime is close enough to 100%. Obviously, if your hit or expertise are low, there's a chance that it will drop off, especially if you don't have imp mangle (since that will give you additional opportunities to refresh it before it falls off).
    just ran a quick test in IF on heroic dummy.. 10 mangles 8 procs.. i changed gear around to put me close to 10% hit and 24 exp.. even when mangle hit i did not get buff. so yes the proc is not 100%

Quote Originally Posted by sparks
    Selverein can you supply a link to these macros?
    or the topic title I can't find them.
    I'm afraid I can't find the topic, the macro part was probably a side-track.

The idea though is simple.

Instead of a macro like this:
    #showtooltip Dire Bear Form
    /cast Dire Bear Form

You'd do something like this:
    #showtooltip Dire Bear Form
    /cast !Dire Bear Form

The result of adding that ! allows you to spam the macro without fear of being put out of form. The first time it will shift you to bear, and then it will only try shifting again if the GCD is not triggered (which would normally prevent shifting back to bear). This insures you can use the macro even mid-pull for a bit of extra rage if you have a lucky/unlucky streak of dodges without ever being stuck in caster form.

So, back to the Furor argument, you can go 3/5 and reshift until you get the rage proc, even midfight.