Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Stalking other people, I believe a person got banned on my server once for following a person all day non stop for weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkhor View Post
    Whilst gold buying is illegal, I have multiple friends who did it, one of them even did it more than once, and they never got banned. Sooo yeah, doubt they ban a lot of those.
    Yeah, I believe it has to do with who you make the transaction with. Some of the "companies" are more secure than others. I have one friend who's been doing it off and on since BC without ever being caught and then had a RL friend try it once last year and got busted within the hour. So who knows.

Also, back in wrath, I used a mod that changed my druid's bear form into a Furbolg for like... 14 months. Was pretty awesome. I still can't stand the look of the actual bear forms (brings a whole new meaning to "staring at my character's ass all day"). Anyway, during this time I put in plenty of tickets to GMs and brought plenty of attention to my account but I was never called out on the mod usage. So even if something like this is frowned upon, as long as it's not mechanic altering, it shouldn't really be bannable. Much like the poster on the first page said when he used his example about jay walking.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Graphic mods (mods that change game looks most common are nude mods)

i havent seen anyone or heard of anyone getting banned for this, the people who see's the mod is the other people that are using it. so i'd say its just a myth. but then again it IS against the rules..

but meh, played 5 months with the Druids of Azeroth mod, nothing happend.

I was under the impression that buying gold in large quantities sends a red flag and can potentially get your account inspected, and then at risk of a ban, albeit possibly temporary.

10+ Year Old Account
    2. Skins on models aren't bannable. SOME Model changes are not bannable. ADT changes (the world) are indeed bannable and are the only thing that is scanned by Warden.

Blizz will only find out if you are reported. This is if you tell your friends etc that you're doing it.

Source: Saw a picture from a conversation someone had with a GM while browsing one of my X amount of days viewing MMOwned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amplifire_
    Trade chat on my server is acting out the end of Revenge of the Sith but with Arthas. "From my point of view the paladins are evil!"

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheafie View Post
    2. Skins on models aren't bannable. SOME Model changes are not bannable. ADT changes (the world) are indeed bannable and are the only thing that is scanned by Warden.

Blizz will only find out if you are reported. This is if you tell your friends etc that you're doing it.
    I remember in the old old days, I made my mount into a ragnaros <<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    I remember in the old old days, I made my mount into a ragnaros <<
    Hahaha, and Onyxia :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Amplifire_
    Trade chat on my server is acting out the end of Revenge of the Sith but with Arthas. "From my point of view the paladins are evil!"

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheafie View Post
    Hahaha, and Onyxia :P
    The chromatic drake in UBRS
    Chrommagus

Oh it was very fun LOL

You can get banned for all of these except no.2 but still it's usually not instant and you can get away with these things for a little while (maybe except botting).

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    Ciggy... Nice necro... -.-'
    jesus, i really need to pay attention to the dates on stuff, i was just searching for weird shit. bored as hell before i started firing up wow >.<

Sorry, i think i'm gonna report myself for being a douche

lol wtb nude mod pl0x link

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Stalking other people, I believe a person got banned on my server once for following a person all day non stop for weeks.
    Thats filed under harrasement.
    Also don´t see how 1 can get you banned unless its some specific gaming keyboards.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero44556 View Post
    1. Most likely

2.Not possible, I don't think, it's client-side and I don't think it's legal for blizzard to run something that checks client-altering graphics, and even then, they have nothing linking it to your account specifically

3. This is generally done by hackers, so yes, I'd say so

4-5: Hell yes, no doubt about it

6. Depends on the GM's idea of exploits, if you were running around and DC'ed, then randomly respawned on top of mount hyjal or something, no, if you tried to get intot he zone on purpose, yes, and you can get baned for that

7. If you're doing these in the first place, there's no doubt you probably need to be shot, banning is the least of your worries if anyone says racial comments
    #2 you ever hear of a program called Punkbuster? Yeah it would scan your computer to see if you were using things just like that.

Well you CAN be banned for these things, IF you will is a totally different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    2. Graphic mods (mods that change game looks most common are nude mods)
    #2 is against the ToS as you're not allowed to change any of the game files. To even change the files you need 3rd party software to "unlock" the files (remove MD5 SIG) so that should be a sign right there.

I don't see why Blizzard wouldn't/couldn't scan the WoW files for changes. They aren't scanning anything personal and it's not outside of the game. It would only be checking hashes against hashes anyway, not actually looking at what's in the folder.

1. Gaming keyboards (using the macro options to press buttons over and over).
    #1 is the only one I'm not 100% about but I believe that Blizzard has said there is nothing they can do about it since it's hardware input and looks as if a person is doing it to the game.

3. Mining Underground (it isn't very hard to fall through the earth in some locations allowing players to mine ore from underground.

4. Buying Gold

5. Selling Gold

6. Exploits

7. Racial comments in trade chat
    And finally I'm not sure if you're serious since #3-7 are most definitely something you can be banned for you just won't always get caught.
    Last edited by G l o w y r m; 2011-05-08 at 02:24 PM.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not trolling, I'm curious if it actually happens. I have reported several gold farmers only to find them farming a week later.
    Reporting them doesn't mean that they are banned immediately. Blizzard can sometimes monitor them for a bit of time to see how they work, and how they operate. This way they can sometimes take measurements to prevent them from returning...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you read all of blizzards ToS, etc, they can ban you for ANY reason they feel necessary.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-