Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: can halls of reflection get any more f up

After talking to some people their biggest gripe is the fear and shiver that hits them on the boss when get gets down to about 50k.
    One friend said no one could attack or heal after this. Constant fears or just stand and shake.

Bliz said this instance was too easy so they fixed it. YEP they fixed it and messed up something in there but refuses to fix that.
    Its as intended or some such BS.

HEY when I said the hunter had aggro. He did, but we had done nothing (NO ATTACKING OR ANYTHING) the instance just started, the bosses walked in and bam he had aggro. The warrior and 2 pallys could not stop them they went straight to him and killed him.

Like I said they fixed it alright. Now I don't know if all this stuff is random and some times it just hits that all this random stuff falls at once or what is going on but they have a mess.

Fade is my favorite spell in that place on my holy priest. Especially if it's a bad tank.

Im definatly not the best tank around, especially on my DK, but I have never had many problems with HoR, even with a pally healer in half blues. Might help thta my tank gear is half off spec rolls from ToC.

I'm expecting the same thing to happen in HoR as in Occ. Free blue gems, more epics, and a chance at a mount.

Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz

Blame the group, not the instance. Sorry you suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    Blame the group, not the instance. Sorry you suck.
    although i'd say it nicer than this

this

only nicer
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor
    Why do you dot in the first place if you are a healer?

sorry I was saying dot like you knew I was a tree, I cast rejuv on the tank and from what I saw I was given his threat level and he got mine.
    We just switched when I cast it.

This is something that looks like bliz wanted to fix(they said they made it harder) but they just went in a screwed up a bunch of junk and said well thats 5 minutes lets do lunch and walked off.

Quote Originally Posted by sparks

sorry I was saying dot like you knew I was a tree, I cast rejuv on the tank and from what I saw I was given his threat level and he got mine.
    We just switched when I cast it.

This is something that looks like bliz wanted to fix(they said they made it harder) but they just went in a screwed up a bunch of junk and said well thats 5 minutes lets do lunch and walked off.

your threat level swapped on omen because he had maybe 50 from popping bloodrage and you heal him for 2-4k, thus doing that much healing threat. at no point since 3.3 have I ever encountered any form for threat bugs in HoR, it's either healers being not so smart with timing their heals, or dps going all out before all mobs get gathered up that makes the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Aùssa02
    you didn't even mentioned the RNG in that piece of crap instance! <_<

i hate how i can keep agro just fine in ANY Raid, Dungeon, Worldboss anything.. but in HoR i Constanly lose my fucking agro to the healer or the dps >.<
    can't do fucking shit, get a fear then the healer gets raped and group wipes, i get the blame no one cares whatsoever.. we retry same thing happened, we were in a guild run once, same thing happened.. ended up doing the shit with 2 healers just standing in the beginning nuking down stuff.. worked wonders but hateful we had to as a guild run >.<

i hate that place got it twice in a row on my really terribad dk tank with only 30k hp unbufd.. i mean im not comfortable with tanking that place on my druid which have 40k hp unbufd without being fully stam socketed.. ???

NERF HOR - DO WANT!!!!
    DK tanks are absolutely worthless in that heroic. I saw a pally tank with 25k unbuffed hp DRAMATICALLY outtank a DK with about 37k unbuffed. The pally took... I'd say 25% as much damage. If that. The DK just dropped like a rock.

DK tanks are horrible. I just drop group when I get one for that heroic. A DK tank with 40k unbuffed in an easy heroic like Gundrak requires more healing than a warrior tank with 18k unbuffed hp that is crittable. I know this from experience due to me having a resto druid.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ganoes
    DK tanks are absolutely worthless in that heroic. I saw a pally tank with 25k unbuffed hp DRAMATICALLY outtank a DK with about 37k unbuffed. The pally took... I'd say 25% as much damage. If that. The DK just dropped like a rock.

DK tanks are horrible. I just drop group when I get one for that heroic. A DK tank with 40k unbuffed in an easy heroic like Gundrak requires more healing than a warrior tank with 18k unbuffed hp that is crittable. I know this from experience due to me having a resto druid.
    funny thing, my DK got HoR as the random one day as a tank (those Frost were too tempting to get as dps >.>). I have 2 items (head + shoulders) from ToC heroic and a 2h from Ony10, the rest of my tank gear was obtained pre-Ulduar, I have 32k unbuffed, and we had a druid healer. I tanked it all fine, sure, I lost aggro a couple times on the packs of 5 and the last wave on the chase but the druid didn't go OOM and no one died unless they killed themselves in crap on the floor. Sounds like your DK tank needs to use CDs and set a kill priority.

usually we go for priest first and I give the tank a few secs to grab aggro, but sometimes I grab aggro on the priest with one flame shock and a lava burst, for what I've noticed I have no problem with hunters and mercenaries, but priests and mages, I just get aggro instantly. But wind shear doesn't work, at all, tried it with no flame shock on and 55% aggro, no drop in aggro

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofsunder
    usually we go for priest first and I give the tank a few secs to grab aggro, but sometimes I grab aggro on the priest with one flame shock and a lava burst, for what I've noticed I have no problem with hunters and mercenaries, but priests and mages, I just get aggro instantly. But wind shear doesn't work, at all, tried it with no flame shock on and 55% aggro, no drop in aggro
    This is because the tank is busy picking up the mobs and the priest mob does not need to be tanked.

Great... for once, there's a heroic you can not faceroll/brain-afk, and now it's getting nerfed into oblivion because people are just... blargh. >

I've tanked/healed/DPSed HoR loads of times and it's by far my favorite instance! There's actually a challenge there - well not so much for DPS but certainly for the tank and healer. The only thing that makes it less-than-perfect is the fact that there are some times where things do go wrong (e.g. healer or tank d/c, healer gets insta-gibbed by a mercenary, etc.) and you have to restart from wave 1 (or 6). It can get annoying after a streak of bad luck, but it's still waaaay more fun than any other heroic out there. I could actually use Shackle again on my priest...!!! I hadn't used that since Kara, I LOVE it!! ;D

After my usual guildie tank (who is rather impatient and prone to ragequitting after 2 wipes/not getting the loot he wants) got fed up and refused to tank the instance any more, I dusted off my (mostly Naxx) feral tank gear and braced for a massacre - how wrong I was... Tanking this instance is FUN! So many things to look out for, so many ever-changing situations Just such a refreshing experience after months of brainless chainpulling/AoEing! We actually one-shot the instance with no casualties, with no-one having a higher GS-rating than 4500. Goes to show that it's not the difficulty of the instance that makes it easy-going or hard, it's the skill of the group or lack thereof. :P

Too bad Blizzard gave in to the QQ of people who in their current mindset wouldn't have made it past the first boss in Ramparts back in BC. :/

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganoes

As sad as it is, I have to agree. I also find DK tanks to be much harder to heal through HoR than other classes.
    Two consecutive runs, healing on my priest:
    Run 1: Paladin tank, ~35k HP buffed, never got below 70% Mana
    Run 2: DK tank, ~42k HP buffed, oom after Wave 3 ... wtf? Oo damn spikes...

Ill enlighten a few classes who seem to have forgotten:

MANA REGEN === THREAT, so any class with mana thats sitting down to drink or standing around regenerating mana can and will get initial threat if the tank does nothing. Sure this is also a case of bad tank, but its not bugged, WAI.

Rogues in stealth, now thats clearly bugged as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by LizzýEU
    your threat level swapped on omen because he had maybe 50 from popping bloodrage and you heal him for 2-4k, thus doing that much healing threat. at no point since 3.3 have I ever encountered any form for threat bugs in HoR, it's either healers being not so smart with timing their heals, or dps going all out before all mobs get gathered up that makes the problems.
    I'm sorry, but a healer should never have to worry about their aggro. It's the tanks responsibility to ensure all the mobs are not on the healer. HoR is a very healing intensive, and it's not always possible to wait for the tank to get threat before I can heal someone. All tanks have good aoe threat generation, there is no reason for a mob to peal off and start attacking the healer, which happens a lot, which is why I have to fade almost every time its off cooldown. More often then not though, its a mage beating on me that the tank forgot to pick up.

My point is, if a mob is beating on a healer, its the tanks fault, not the healers.

very bad tank or a semi bad druid or war tank (no big aoe threat)

Deleted

Tanked it as blood DK, pretty rough to pick up adds but still not very hard, damage was okay-ish (proper use of IBF against mercs, shell against poisons/mages, LoS'ing everything, using my silence/interrupt/strangulate). Tanked it as frost DK, shittier weapons, took more damage but threat was easier.

Healed it as resto shaman, ezmode, healed with holy priest, ezmode too. All are in average of 232 gear. It all depends on the tank tbh, though dps can help reduce damage, just shackle that mage. Make sure they ain't in your back and that you properly use cd's and the spike damage isn't all that bad, it's mostly the mages and mercs that do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aùssa02
    HoR normal is no biggie...HoR heroic is

and proof avengingbt, else you didn't do it ^^ the damage you end up getting is simply too much for a normal healer.
    I solo heal H HoR all the time. As long as the tank is good enough to not let me get hit more than once or twice in a row everything goes out fine. You only need to do like 4k HPS not difficult.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sher&cn=Gouban

Give me an internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    No, they're the exchange students from China who cut your lock with bolt cutters, steal everything in your locker, then put their own padlock on the locker.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Wow i'm laughing at all the people saying H hor is hard and saying its the initial waves that need nerfing. Had a decently geared tank and healer one well geared dps and 2 fresh 80s that were badly geared to the point we had to fly ourselves to the instance. We had no problems til the gauntlet where dps actually matters. Think we missed the timer by 2 seconds for the gauntlet, but with the new run behind the lich king strat thats even easier now.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I think the tank is bad.

When I did HoR hc yesterday for the first time, I made the party wipe 2 times. They didn't mind because everyone needs to "learn" the instance somehow.
    After that, it was actually rather easy and doable.

It's tricky to begin with and you probably need a good healer. But good aggro-management and taunting is definetly wanted!