Thread: Black bruise

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Black bruise

Just got it today...
    and im really sad about it.

maybe im wrong.. but it dont proc very often.. it look like have 45 seg internal CD

after 3 min on koralon it did 4k dmg O.o

i can help u with any test if u want..

http://www.wowmeteronline.com//combat/log/1337141

Here's some raiding with Black Bruise. Just from this, it really needs a buff.

looks like the proc isnt amazing....yet. By the looks of it they are already fine tuning some of the other proc weapons out there. Hopefully this will follow suit. Maybe shorten the icd and change the proc so all damage rather than just mele swings deal additional damage. If this is a dud we will either be looking at H10 man or 25 anub weapons as our BiS for icc (blizz wont like that, they like the gear to get used) unless there just happends to be an amazing weapon from the lich king. Regardless im going to try and pick one up in hopes of a buff. None of our rogues want em anyways with all the other weapons WITH STATS available, so its already looking like a shard.

Quote Originally Posted by kudzupo
    You know it's funny, I rerolled from a DK so I could use fist weapons, and now I go and forget! :P

Update (Thanks to Rouncer): Some additional testing on the following would be useful as well:

-Also need to compare proc rates when you have an offhand equipped and when you don't have one equipped (equip a shield).

-Also need to see if it can proc from Flametongue, so imbue the weapon and (wearing a shield) autoattack the level 60 dummy for awhile to compare the proc rate.
    Well a firend of mine just got it and it DOES NOT work on 60-80 dummies it just does 1 dmg

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AbhorrentSM
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com//combat/log/1337141

Here's some raiding with Black Bruise. Just from this, it really needs a buff.
    Wow...it couldn't get much more useless than that :-\ Serious letdown, though I'll probably grab it anyway and hope they buff the proc

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

I feel bad reading that Black Bruise is so poor. Today i killed Festergut and bam... it dropped... i looted it because i'm the only enh shaman in my guild and i hope for a buff.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tran.
    Well a firend of mine just got it and it DOES NOT work on 60-80 dummies it just does 1 dmg
    Not this again.. Here is how additional damage spells works.

You white hit the dummy for 1000 damage - The dummy only has 1 hp, so there is 999 overkill. If the boss only has 1 hp, you can only do 1 damage to it.

The proc does damage, based on the damage done by the attack that procced the spell.

I got it last night, but I can't run test atm.
    I just want to point this out to everyone.

Recent blue :
    • The proc for the item, The Last Word, has been greatly increased to allow for more continuous uptime..
    • The Invigoration buff from melee attacks using the Heartpierce dagger will now grant twice as much resources as before. It now grants 2 rage, 4 energy, or 120 mana every 2 seconds for 10 seconds.

I hope this will also happen to BB.
    Zotac Ghostlands[H] - Enhancement

Deleted

Hothgor did a bunch of testing on this for us and I have the rest of the info to model it properly.

The weapon proc is NOT affected by CoE/Ebon etc.
    The weapon proc is only indirectly affected by Sunder/Expose (procs off base melee damage remember?)
    The weapon proc does NOT work off Flametongue attacks.
    The weapon proc DOES work on Stormstrike and Lava Lash
    The weapon proc CAN NOT critical hit.
    The weapon proc does NOT benefit from the shaman t10 2 piece bonus damage. (indirectly affected as it buffs the normal melee damage so the shadow damage is already buffed by the proc - similar to how Sunder/Expose work with it)

The damage is literally, exactly 9% shadow damage from the melee hit that caused it. The damage is not resistable. All melee attacks while the buff is active will cause the shadow damage. The buff is procced from melee attacks and specials from either hand and can refresh itself, so no cooldown. It has a 1% proc rate.

The chance for the proc to activate on the Black Bruise weapon has been increased.
    New in-game fixes. Is this any better for us than before?

Sad indeed but ill loot it anyway on the chance it gets a buff

Quote Originally Posted by Toez
    New in-game fixes. Is this any better for us than before?
    "Good news everyone!"
    Zotac Ghostlands[H] - Enhancement

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    Hothgor did a bunch of testing on this for us and I have the rest of the info to model it properly.

The weapon proc is NOT affected by CoE/Ebon etc.
    The weapon proc is only indirectly affected by Sunder/Expose (procs off base melee damage remember?)
    The weapon proc does NOT work off Flametongue attacks.
    The weapon proc DOES work on Stormstrike and Lava Lash
    The weapon proc CAN NOT critical hit.
    The weapon proc does NOT benefit from the shaman t10 2 piece bonus damage. (indirectly affected as it buffs the normal melee damage so the shadow damage is already buffed by the proc - similar to how Sunder/Expose work with it)

The damage is literally, exactly 9% shadow damage from the melee hit that caused it. The damage is not resistable. All melee attacks while the buff is active will cause the shadow damage. The buff is procced from melee attacks and specials from either hand and can refresh itself, so no cooldown. It has a 1% proc rate.
    Has it been confirmed or denied that the dmg is modified by spell power?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by jswivel
    Has it been confirmed or denied that the dmg is modified by spell power?
    Learn to read.

The damage is literally, exactly 9% shadow damage from the melee hit that caused it.
    It has nothing to do with Spellpower.

Quote Originally Posted by phai
    Learn to read.

It has nothing to do with Spellpower.
    Learn to not be an ass-hat.

It was a question.

Quote Originally Posted by jswivel
    Learn to not be an ass-hat.

It was a question.
    It was a question that was already answered by the post you quoted.

It is 9% of every melee hit you do during the proc. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't waste people's time with stupid questions.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trellen/simple (Enhancement PvE)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/alamo/simple (Boomkin/Guardian, PvE)

No, I'm not the real Alamo, just a guy who liked his work.

Angry shams ftl.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Walookani
    Angry shams ftl.
    I love my shamanistic rage.

Deleted

I am guessing that Levva's comments was pre the buff to the weapon?