New warrior - General Questions

Hey guys, just made myself an account (after having read forums for a few months here now) and thought i should give it a shot trying out a forum myself for once.
    I'm lvling a prot/fury warrior myself atm, just about to hit northrend, and before i hit 80, i wanted to inform myself about some general facts about the class. thought u could help.
    I'm thinking about making myself prot as a mainspecc and i wanted to know if you guys could give me any tips on for instance a prio-list on stats, seing as stacking stam can't be the only thing to it. I know my tanking thing seing as a i have a deathknight tank with ok gear already, but find it quite boring.
    Other than that, I'd be glad to hear some tips about fury dps (rotation, stats) aswell.

I hope you can help me out a bit here, would be great.

Drona

Edit: I've been lvling in instances as prot already, so i know most of the basics, im kind of lacking on rotation and prio's when it comes to fury though
    Still waiting for competitive PvP to not be a trainwreck...

Re: New warrior - General Questions

Been playing Fury for 4 years.

Rotation goes as follows
    BT & WW on cooldown at all times
    Slam when the instant procs
    queue HS (cleave with multiple enemies) above 50 rage

Stat Priorities are more or less
    Hit -> soft cap
    Str
    Crit
    ArP
    I might be wrong about where ArP is in the list these days but those are the big stats at any rate. Raiding Crit 35 - 40 percent. Str/AP as one would figure the more the merrier.

I'm finding myself that fury scales shockingly well with higher levels of gear. I might suggest Arms until your gear level is higher but with the ease of farming badges these days you'll have decent gear in no time.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cerathas
    Been playing Fury for 4 years.

Rotation goes as follows
    BT & WW on cooldown at all times
    WW > BT

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Augi
    WW > BT
    This is true.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

hey, thanx about the fury help, at what points are the soft/hard caps for hit though?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns
    This is true.
    Prove it.

10+ Year Old Account

Fury rotation is.

BT>WW>(slam)>BT>(slam)(slam if it procs instantly)

If you want to get really fancy.

BT>WW>(slam)>BT>(battlestance+Rend OR slam)

but to rend you need it Glyphed + Specced + mangle debuff and you need to change stances DURING GCD's so that it doesnt trigger a new one

so after hitting BT change stance during that 1.5s GCD then hit rend then during rends 1.5s GCD change back to Berserker. Only do this if you have no slam proc after the 2nd BT and your previous Rend has ran its full 21s course.

10+ Year Old Account

The reason behind using BT first and doing BT>WW>BT and not WW>BT>BT is because the middle part is delayed by 0.5s and you lose more dps by delaying BT by 0.5s than by delaying WW + Starting off with WW on trash is dumb and normally pulls aggro on at least 1 target BT is a much sounder Attack to start off with due to Lowering your burst threat at the start and also makes the rotation smoother.

First I wasn't implying that either BT or WW was first in my post I was just saying that you want both on cooldown at all times. Second the subsequent posters pointing out that indeed BT should be first are correct. Check out any theorycrafting site if you don't believe us. Finally to the OP's question on hit cap...

For Fury if you have 3/3 precision (which you should) then the required hit rating for the soft cap is 163.95. I myself have more about 200, and yellow attacks do not miss. Having more is fine since you can exchange it for better stats as you upgrade your gear. There are posts I've seen indicating that dps will increase above the cap as more white hits land but not as much as increasing say ArP, Crit, or AP.

being a lot of help, ty