Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Gnome Paladins as a New Race/Class Combination

The Gnome racial (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=20591) is definitely one problem I can foresee especially if Holy Paladin trends continue the way they are throughout Cataclysm. It would make the Gnome Holy Paladins remarkably better then any other Race/Class combo for Holy Paladins by a long shot. Nevertheless I am all for Gnome Paladins as I would race change not only for the racial, but also for the awesomeness which are Gnomes.

The racial could very well substantially increase the power of the holy Gnome paladin, but Gnome mages are already benefitting from it, as will priests, and it's nothing game-breaking.

Plus, of course, it could get completely retooled come cataclysm. +5% int seems like one of those "boring" passive bonuses that will be pruned in 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Taen
    The racial could very well substantially increase the power of the holy Gnome paladin, but Gnome mages are already benefitting from it, as will priests, and it's nothing game-breaking.

Plus, of course, it could get completely retooled come cataclysm. +5% int seems like one of those "boring" passive bonuses that will be pruned in 4.0.
    I know everyone will benefit more from Intellect come 4.0 (Spell Power rerouted to Intellect) so it seems likely a change will come. However on the off chance that this is not Blizzard's 'idea/goal' then Gnome Paladins will likely never happen. Blizzard has most definitely picked up on the vast amounts of Mana/Regen Paladins are attaining (see Divine Intellect/Divine Illumination nerfs) so it just seems unlikely even with a retooling/nerf that it would be suitable for Paladins.

Just an example I currently have 38k mana with the 5% bonus I would go up nearly 2k (1900) which is well absurd.

Then I suppose all we can do is assume or hope that a change to the racial is made, not only to allow Gnome paladins but to reduce the amount of min/maxing that occurs. I'm personally an advocate of choosing your race based on looks and personal preference, not which will give you the edge; a standpoint that I'm sure we share.

Then I suppose all we can do is assume or hope that a change to the racial is made, not only to allow Gnome paladins but to reduce the amount of min/maxing that occurs. I'm personally an advocate of choosing your race based on looks and personal preference, not which will give you the edge; a standpoint that I'm sure we share.
    I would love nothing more then playing a Gnome Paladin even without the 5% extra Int. I currently play a Dwarf just for the fact that they're the smallest option I have.

Anyways I can see a Nerf coming, but I can't see it being completely redone. Maybe 5% base Intellect, but that seems a tad bit useless to me. You know now that I really think about it I could actually see something like 2% intellect from Gnomes rather then 5% being fair for Paladins, and not totally game breaking I mean Worgen got the 1% damage which is pretty substantial.

He wanted to feel the flesh of holy gnomes getting sliced by his axe again, so now in Cataclysm there will be gnome priests.
    But no paladins. Saurfang deems the gnomes unworthy.

Interesting idea, OP but don't go too overboard. The purpose behind the new race/class combinations is to sell the new faction/race change features. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooya
    The Gnome racial (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=20591) is definitely one problem I can foresee especially if Holy Paladin trends continue the way they are throughout Cataclysm. It would make the Gnome Holy Paladins remarkably better then any other Race/Class combo for Holy Paladins by a long shot. Nevertheless I am all for Gnome Paladins as I would race change not only for the racial, but also for the awesomeness which are Gnomes.
    Every race is getting a racial revamp
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Quote Originally Posted by HearldTheTerrible
    Interesting idea, OP but don't go too overboard. The purpose behind the new race/class combinations is to sell the new faction/race change features. Nothing more.
    I think that's a pretty silly statement, as Blizzard has said outright that they don't want those features available for the new races or race/class combinations until a significant amount of time has passed to let people reroll.

I think that's a pretty silly statement, as Blizzard has said outright that they don't want those features available for the new races or race/class combinations until a significant amount of time has passed to let people reroll.
    How do you explain the change to Will of the Forsaken then? And are you sure about that (Blue post, please)? I know they are undecided about letting players faction/race change to the two new races being added in Cataclysm, but I don't recall reading much else about it.

Quote Originally Posted by HearldTheTerrible
    How do you explain the change to Will of the Forsaken then? And are you sure about that (Blue post, please)? I know they are undecided about letting players faction/race change to the two new races being added in Cataclysm, but I don't recall reading much else about it.
    WotF was overpowered to the point that people were willing to pay money to obtain it through race change. It needed to be balanced and it was.

As for a blue post,

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/19595...ss-combos.html

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepless Dreams

No. Gnomes has about the same right to paladins as the undead. Just let it go.
    Yea I mean, look at Taurens... O WAIT

Anyway I agree 100% with the OP. Give gnome paladins!
    video game companies: *makes game with female/LGBT characters*

dudebros: wHAT HTe fUCK IS THSI SOCIAL ,.JUSITICE SHI.,,T,,...,.I canNOT,, BELEIVVB nnOT BYINHG...,

WotF was overpowered to the point that people were willing to pay money to obtain it through race change. It needed to be balanced and it was.

As for a blue post,

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/19595...ss-combos.html
    Thank you for the link. I do disagree on the WotF nerf, however. Something that has been in the game for 4+ years left untouched did not need a nerf right after the release of the new faction/race change feature. I find it hard to believe that Blizzard only recently came to the conclusion that the racial was overpowered. Seems a little too convenient if you ask me.

Edit: I would also like to point out that the Blue post states that they are undecided on this topic. So the question becomes: Money or integrity?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepless Dreams

No. Gnomes has about the same right to paladins as the undead. Just let it go.
    Untrue.

While Gnome Paladins may be a very uncommon occurrence in the lore, there's no actual reason why they couldn't happen. Forsaken, on the other hand, are incapable of using light magic, which is what Paladins wield.

And before someone says "lol undead priest" they're given holy magic for gameplay reasons only. In the lore, all Forsaken Priests use shadow magic.

I would delete my paladin alt for this. Yes and well written, bravo.

I'd say that at the moment gnome paladins make no sense, since they are only starting to dabble with the power of the Light via priesthood. However, for future expansions they could conceivably gain the ability to become paladins after witnessing the true nature of Light or something. I dunno. I'm just not buying it for a change that could come in Cataclysm.

I roflstomp nome warriors, I'd be even happier if I could roflstomp nome pallies!GIEF! :P

Please don't let them have paladins. Im merely bias against it, because I don't want everything I fight in IoC to have cc breaking abilties.

Quote Originally Posted by Tezmata
    I'd say that at the moment gnome paladins make no sense, since they are only starting to dabble with the power of the Light via priesthood. However, for future expansions they could conceivably gain the ability to become paladins after witnessing the true nature of Light or something. I dunno. I'm just not buying it for a change that could come in Cataclysm.
    Tauren just recently began to dabble in that power as well, yet they were given paladins.

Honestly I have no problem with OP's post.

I don't believe it would be a bad idea for gnomes to be paladins.