Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Oculus Loot Improvements

Oculus Loot Improvements
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    . These fine treasures could be yours should you honor your fellow party members by besting the challenges contained within The Oculus! Keep in mind, however, that these extra loot bags will only be awarded to each party member if Oculus is selected by the Dungeon Finder when players choose the Random Heroic option.

In light of this change, the Reins of the Azure Drake will now have a chance of dropping in both 10- and 25-player versions of The Eye of Eternity.
    Reminder - Plagueworks unlock this week!
    The next raid wing of the Icecrown Citadel will unlock after this week's maintenance and will give players a chance to fight:

Important - You only have 10 attempts to kill Professor Putricide because of the Icecrown Citadel Gating. (The number was changed from 5 to 10 since the original announcement)

It also means that people working on Shadow's Edge will finally have a chance to get Festergut's Acidic Blood and Rotface's Acidic Blood to complete The Sacred and the Corrupt.

Blue posts
    Two more posts for today.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Warrior (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Rage starvation in heroics
    Rage is what playing a warrior is all about. When you don't want to have to worry about managing rage, you're saying you don't want to be limited by your class resource and just want to be able to hit whatever button you want whenever you want.

I will acknowledge (and have before) that being rage starved when you outgear an instance can be frustrating but that says more about the high levels of avoidance and the high amount of damage that can be blocked with great gear. We don't want warriors to have to downgrade their gear to tank older content. We don't think that means the rage mechanic needs to be thrown out the window though. The opposite should be true too, however. Rage shouldn't be an obstacle that you eventually overcome with enough gear. Managing rage should always be at the forefront of warrior (or bear druid) concerns. (Source)

Protection Warrior
    We've addressed this issue already recently, but if you need to hear more on the topic:

1) Prot warriors aren't exactly dominating Arena play by almost any stretch.

2) Yes, there are some good Prot warriors. There are many more good mages and rogues.

3) However, part of this job isn't just reacting to yesterday's news. Part of it is trying to predict the trends that will emerge a few weeks or months from now.

4) Furthermore, a class / spec doesn't need to be dominating to be super annoying to play against. We try and fix those situations too.

5) We've said several times we want to get more if not all specs into PvP, and that includes Protection. If seeing traditional tank specs in PvP at all just offends you, well, sorry.

6) While Protection's damage has gone up recently due to new gear being available, the same is true of every class in the game. The control and counter-control abilities Protection has that are getting so much attention aren't anything new. This isn't a new spec that suddenly became viable in 3.3. It's been around for awhile and some players have been playing it for awhile.

7) What has changed recently is so many threads popping up each day calling Prot the new overpowered faceroll spec or whatever. I can buy that Prot is catching on and more players are figuring it out after watching the experts use all their tricks, but when you sit back and read all of these posts, you also get a nagging suspicion that Prot PvP has just become the new punching bag of the month on the DD forum. I'm just asking you to keep your feedback in perspective. When every potential balance problem is portrayed as the worst thing to ever happen that's ruining the game for you, then it's hard for us to actually detect whether a problem is perceived as major or minor.

8 ) We haven't announced any changes yet. We might make some. Until that time, feel free to keep discussing the issue, but know that it will carry far more weight if the gist of your argument is something other than a generic "Prot has been ridiculous for so long. I can't believe they haven't nerfed it yet." (Source)

Re: Oculus Loot Improvements

And yet, I can still see people leaving just because its Oculus :P
    Quote Originally Posted by kaloryth
    I await the day that video games become immersive and I can literally punch the asshole who ninja'd my token. We'll see how idiotic people act then.

And in a few weeks, they'll just give us extra frosts for running it each day.
    Escargotage - Lvl 80 Restoration Shaman - Thrall US

Quote Originally Posted by krasgoth
    Hey guys, my guild keeps standing in the fire.

What should we do about it?

Deleted

Cool, Oculus mounts.
    Moan more about instances and we get more mounts?

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

lol the Oc change made me laugh.

let's see

1) nerf it to the ground

2) nerf it again

3) add free epics and mounts

but never

4) admit it blows and just scrap it.

I was pretty "meh"

Then I saw the chance at the mount

And I was like "whoa"

Now I need to go do random heroics. Assuming this has gone live in Europe...

Quick! We need to stop doing Oculus more until they make the mount a 310% and 100% drop rate!

WTB "skip the pagentry" option for CoS. Honestly, I hate doing that more than Oculus just because half the time you are in there you are listening to arthas babble.

I really doubt this will help much. Most players do not care about Triumph emblems anymore, rare gems are already plentiful, and the drake is a nice touch, but still only a weak insentive.

As of right now, I run my randoms on 4 different characters. The only thing I hope for is a quick run and 2 frosties. As soon that is done, I might run a few Frozen Halls instances, and then its time to get ready for raid.

It's impossible on my server to get anyone to do Malygos, so this opens a whole new avenue for the Blue Drake! I'm all for it!

I know people who are still farming ZG for mounts.

Blizz can go choke on their low mount drop chance

Aaaaahhhhahhaahhahahahahahahhhaah, the Oculus change is golden. One of the fastest and easiest instances, now with free bonus loot.

Now, what shall we qq over next, hmmmm....
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrera
    It might a l2p-issue but then other classes are just too face roll compared to ele shamans.

Pft, even my noob DK tank could tank it and we completed it in less than 20mins after 1st boss.
    Although I'm not exacly sure I was tanking since they just rushed in before I could say "cake".

10+ Year Old Account

I've been farming ZG for about a year now, started with early ilvl 200 epics and haven't seen a single mount drop yet, so I assume that I will never get a drake off these bags neither.

There are 4 prot warriors on the top 100 players.

That is more than there are DKs or Resto druids.

1 warr is even pve specced, couple pve geared.

I see that as a problem.

Wow.. People's stupidity is amazing.. Oculus is like the easiest heroic to do now, and one of the fastest YET they still b*tch about it >.<

Wow you have to use flying a bit and hit a coupe buttons that your drake has, that's a damn complicated job for some people i guess.. Jeez, even a monkey could have done that for a banana bunch. But looks like we are up to that point, and have extra bananas now. When will blizzard realise you can't make the game so simple that each and every mentally challenged moron would have no problems with it. They dont need exatra rewards for their stupidity, i'd rather have them leave the group to free myself of their annoying presence. Wish all the other heroics would have an idiot check like that so i wont have to drag them on my coattail

Quote Originally Posted by Failbot
    There are 4 prot warriors on the top 100 players.

That is more than there are DKs or Resto druids.

1 warr is even pve specced, couple pve geared.

I see that as a problem.
    Blizzard wants prot warriors to be on that list, so working as intended. It doesn't matter if you think it's a problem.

There are 10 classes.

On a top 100 list, each class has 10 spots on average.

Warriors have 4.

Your argument about representation does not hold.

My point was, there are 4 PROT WARRS more arms ofc... 4 PROT WITH PVE GEAR.