HoR QQ needs to stop

I love this new instance. I've been gearing my protwarr alt and have ran it twice on heroic mode. Both times have been awesome.

The first time I did it was after getting PoS as a random. I had a great group. It was me, a guildie hunter, and a great ret paladin and his healer friend from a different server. They asked if we could continue to HoR, and I said it was up to the healer. He said they had managed with lesser geared people, so we gave it a go. I had just hit 30k hp unbuffed at the time, some thousands more with buffs. The hunter and the pally both helped out with CC, I held threat on everything all the time, never had to use a defensive cooldown. We even managed to get the speedy escape achievement!

Next day I had got HoR as random hc by myself. One of the others asked me if I could dps instead, to which I answered, "yes, i do about 1k dps in fury" - which is true, my dps gear is shit. He answered "great, so you suck at both things". Everyone left group before we even started. I lol'd.

The second time I ran it, today, it was again as a randomly assigned hc. (I don't consider the incident after the first run a run since it wasn't even attempted). I was with a guildie DK and the rest randoms. This time I had almost 32k hp unbuffed. There was less CC, but my guildie volunteered to hold a caster until I had established threat on the other mobs. This time health was even more unproblematic. I had a great druid healer who never let a poison tick more than a couple of times. We didn't even have kill priorities, yet threat was never a problem. We did wipe once on the escape from lich king part since we couldn't kill them fast enough. One of the dps was doing 1.9k dps, but he hadn't done it before and was oom by the end, so on the second try we managed to complete it, though it was close. I also got the tanking axe, Falric's Wrist Chopper, which made me a happy orc, since there aren't too many tanking axes out there.

It's definitely much harder than other heroics, but it's also much more rewarding when you manage to complete it. And as a warrior you have so many control abilities which you actually get to use. Definitely much more fun than the usual shield block + tab spam cleaves and thunderclap routine. But the most crucial part I think is having people that work with you rather than against you.

So, anyone else had good experiences in this dungeon?

Deleted

Re: HoR QQ needs to stop

If we QQ enough they might add a mount to it!

QQ MOAR

Grats on the axe, i'm glad you are able to laugh at the stupidity of others, keep that inner child alive brother!

Halls of Reflection is obviously an order of magnitude harder than the other ICC heroics. Is it too hard? That only depends on the group you get. The gear requirements arent anywhere high enough so you do get undergeared people trying to get boosted through. (I only ever tank it)

Dying on the trash before falric and marwyn due to healer fail is one thing, but failing on the escape from the LK event because you simply dont have 10k dps in the group (which is about what it takes iirc) is pretty soul crushing.

My alt paladin tank has about 40K unbuffed health.In general most of my runs are good except when

1)The stay in the stupid corner.Yes the LoS can help IF and only IF everyone stays LoS.The problem is that after 2-3 packs they start staying always in the middle and inside the flames.Sorry but as a tank i can only move the mobs not the players out of the flames.If prefer to tank it at the starting position

2)The healer can't understand that most of the incoming damage on the tanks is from poisons and they are trying to heal through it instead of removing it....Yes i am a paladin yes in most fights i can remove it myself but here with 5 mobs running around and every dpser attacks whatever he wants ... sorry but i don't have GCDs to spare to cleanse myself.

3)The main problem i have though is with arms warriors .They have that BAD habbit to use SKILLSTORM every time.Yes use it when they are melee mobs or hunters or 1 mage.. you won't get agro from me.That's not my problem.My problem is that when you use skillstorm when we have 2 mages and you split both of them usually one of those will happen ->They will split and 1 shot healer or they will both use the aoe fire ability and 1-2 dpsers will stay inside (like always) and die.

During the lich king even i never have problems but again i am a paladin.Even if the dpsers are crap i "carry" them and we never had problems to escape.

But in general i don't like this instance and i never will not because of the difficulty.It's not hard.I just don't like instances that you can't stop.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir
    If we QQ enough they might add a mount to it!

QQ MOAR
    made my day!!!!

OT: HoR is easy indeed you just need 5 Players how understand the class they are playing thats all... there is no "noob l2p" ore something like this
    just normal gameplay!!

this instance is awesome.. it actually makes people use more then 3 abbilities ;D
    if you QQ about this instance being to hard you might concider looking some more at the OTHER abillities of your class,

my DK is quit undergeared for this place, yet ive been a great + on a run i did yesterday with guildies. we did it on heroic with a hunter, a mage, pally tank and a priesthealer.

we simply LoS pulled, and every ranged i was DG'ing or strangulating, if both on CD id run to the mob and mind freeze it.. the tank just had to stand there and tank them while the hunter and mage AoEd everything down....
    it's not a matter of gear or class, its how you manage to use everything combined from the whole party.

another time on my warior tank i made (another) priest shackle targets every start of a wave while a hunter trapped one... all i had to do was pick up the melees.
    if theres a hunter in the wave.. disarm him...

can go on pretty long and bla bla bla theres so many things you can do, its all just a matter of talking it over with your party how and what you are going to do and its dead simople.... just use your brains !!

OT <3 the instance

HoR hc is indeed harder than the hc's we're used to and it is less routine like the pre 3.3 hc's, which makes it more fun, but also more prone to failure.
    I mostly run hc's with a group of rl friends, we got 2 healer/dps's 1 healer/replacement tank, 1 mage and hunter and 1 good MT... It's pretty fun, we know eachother and the skill everyone has, so, we don't really wipe, except when we're fooling around and laughing our asses off over skype
    You need to keep a little bit focused on this one... But all by all it shouldn't be all too hard if you're not too undergeared...

I was tanking the other night and some lock who was not tucked into the corner like i asked him overaggroed and got one-shotted.

He was then QQing which pissed me off when it was clearly his fault.

I also have a dps spec and boy I can over aggro if i want to. Some people just pew pew when one of the most fundamental requirements of being a good dps is to watch your omen.

My aggro generation is insane in bear form. I have 400 armor pen and like 1450 agility and 45% crit plus 42-5k health. I am not hard to heal and hold good aggro but if the ranged dps pew pew the incoming melee before they even reach me they are going to die and if they complain. This guy had no excuse.

Their is far too much QQ in HOR. People just need to stick to the plan and understands the fundamentals of heroics and playing their class. If they do that it is easy.

In future I think I will merely give a QQing DPS a warning and if he carries on instigate a vote kick rather than leave. The other party members can then chose between replacing me as tank or the QQing dps.

i loved this instance until the random heroic LFG tool queued me up for it 5 times in a row

too much of anything is a bad thing.
    QQ is the passive for every elitist.

HoR is fun, the first time that you run it to see the lore. But it gets old real fast when there is 90% chance for your pug to fail.

The first 5 man heroic that is a real challenge, and people cry "Nurf it, it made my armor bill high"