Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: The LFG system needs to be segregated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina
    How quickly we forget that we were all new at some point....
    That's fine and dandy. My argument was that why Blizz is pairing people with such a wide gap in gearscore in the LFG system, when they stated that the system takes into account gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor
    Actually I did run into such a group in HoR (they were guildies) I was a tank that just passed the gearcheck for the instance and obviously they asked me to leave - I wouldn't because I would have to wait 15 mins to get another instance so we went on and managed to down the first boss but then wiped on the last wave before the next boss and they didn't wanna go on so I agreed to leave. I couldn't hold aggro because all three DPS did 6k+ dps, the Ret pally did a bit over 7k - but they were in T10 gear.

For the record I never saw anyone pull over 5k before but I don't raid so I was kinda impressed with those numbers.

But that was kinda offtopic.
    HoR isn't the typical 5 man and good gear on trash and aoe specced people can create some amazing numbers but i'm willing to bet as soon as you hit the boss they leveled out at 4.5-5k at most.

So then it's safe to assume that when you level a new alt, you do it with other people with crap gear as well?

Because if you let your guildies carry you through heroics to get badges you are essentially a total hypocrite since your beef seems to be with gear.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68
    Then don't use it, seems like a simple solution to me.
    ^

THIS

Quote Originally Posted by mackmustard
    After using the LFG system heavily I have come to a conclusion, and that the random players are getting WORSE and WORSE each day.

My gear is very very good. Most of it is 251+ plus with only 3-4 items that are 245. So why am I getting put in these groups constantly with people with horrible gearscores that pull 1k dps? Sadly, people knock on gearscore saying "LOLOL PEOPLE HAVE HIGH GEARSCORE BUT NO SKILL". Well sorry to tell you this, but the people I get paired with that have high gear score are the ones pulling 6-7k dps in heroics. Its the people with bad gearscores that can't out dps the tank.

But on to the main topic. I don't want to play with these bad players and Blizz should allow you to see the toons that you're getting paired with beforehand. Like when the que pops and it gives you the option to enter, there should be some indication of what the other players are wearing. I don't mind waiting a few extra minutes to get paired with someone with decent gear. No problem at all, since I know the run will go even smoother and faster.

Another thing is that I have nothing in common with the people who are getting carried. These people haven't even done a hardmode in Ulduar, how are we suppose to relate? I don't want to associate with them on my server, why would I associate them in the LFG? All I'm there for is to carry them and I do not like it.

The LFG system needs to be segregated. The present pairing system is fail. I believe HM acheivements should be used to determine what group you are placed in.

The casuals always say "LOLOL REGULAR MODES ARE FOR US! THE HM'S ARE FOR THE ELITIST PRICKS!!". Well you know what, that's totally fine. Seperate us then. Hang out with your casuals, and I'll hang out with the elitist pricks who pull 9-10k dps on heroic bosses while you wipe in Occulus cause using drakes is too hard.
    Or, you could just group with some other "LOL HC'S NEED 5K+ DPS" elitists and let the rest of us use the tool as it is intended....
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

15+ Year Old Account

That's fine and dandy. My argument was that why Blizz is pairing people with such a wide gap in gearscore in the LFG system, when they stated that the system takes into account gear.
    It takes into account what encounters gear can handle, not that it necessarily matches like to like; my 80 DK can do some heroics, but I can't do the new ones yet, for example; so I won't get grouped with you in HoR, but we might get lumped in on H Nex, for example.

At least that is how I understand it.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

all I see is a douchebag who wants to do his random with little to no effort getting through it. if you can't handle having to work just a tiny little bit for those 2 frost emblems every day, stop using the random tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Conbot
    So then it's safe to assume that when you level a new alt, you do it with other people with crap gear as well?

Because if you let your guildies carry you through heroics to get badges you are essentially a total hypocrite since your beef seems to be with gear.
    I don't have an alt.

So what you're saying is that you are expecting to be carried? If you have an alt with crap gear, you want him to be put into a group with people who are pulling 6k dps so you can get free badges? Or would you rather just be put into a group with other alts?

I would like to hear your answer on this.

It does, Mack. It's just a very forgiving system. Level a char from 1-80, and look to the system. It will only allow you to que for original heroic dungeons. If i'm right, you need 3/4s of your gear to equal item level 200 in order to get into ToC, and you need the majority of your gear to be in the 219s in order to enter ICC 5 man heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by sapiorion
    Nope I can do well above that on single target bosses with no motion... I know for a fact taht there are classes that can do more with my gearscore on a hc boss.
    But what is your gear score/class? I do about 4k+ in heroics as a DK, lots of 219, and 232 pieces, that means if I was sitting in 251+ gear I would be doing similar damage I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by LizzýEU
    all I see is a douchebag who wants to do his random with little to no effort getting through it. if you can't handle having to work just a tiny little bit for those 2 frost emblems every day, stop using the random tool.
    All I see is some dude with a bunch of level 80's that probably does not even have as good gear as my one level 80, and wants to get carried.

U C WUT I DID THUR?

Gear only applies to ToC, FoS, PoS, and HoR. Although, there actually is a minimum required to be able to queue for heroics.

But.

The reason is simple: Comprise a group of well-geared players with some lesser-geared players to make the dungeon run smoother. Use your experience to teach others. How else will they learn.

Don't want to teach? Run with your hardcore raiding guild. I'm sure they're on enough that you can get 4 of them to commit to 20 minutes.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight
    Perhaps we should make segregation voluntary so all the twats can go somewhere else and I can stay with the noobs.

I like the noobs.
    this

I'd love the option "queue me with 4 noobs". As tank i like being the one carrying 4 people once a day, just to see how great I am (and to be less bored). Still doesn't take more than 15 minutes.

All I see is some dude with a bunch of level 80's that probably does not even have as good gear as my one level 80, and wants to get carried.

U C WUT I DID THUR?
    /Someone/ always gets carried in a random heroic. /Someone/ always has under performing gear. It can't be helped.

15+ Year Old Account

But what about the people with very high gear scores who DON'T want to be paired with people similar, or like you? I generally bring ONE person of equal gearscore with me, EITHER a tank or a healer. I play a rogue. People comment on my gear/dps, that's nice of them. I hate players who come in with equal gear or dps and think they're a special little snowflake. You're not. I'm not. You know that mage in all quest blues doing 2k dps? That could have just as easily been you a few hundred badges ago, and a few "you should look up your class..." comments ago with the way the loot is in WoW now. Except with less ego and more pleasant. What's really refreshing is to get people of high gear or dps numbers and have them NOT be douchebags. Now that really makes you different. Do I get annoyed when the DPS DK has two unenchanted / unruned weapons? yes, perhaps, but if it really bothers me I bring guildies.
    What someone before me said, too. Those undergeared people belong in heroics. You do not. If anything blame blizzard for sticking the max tier badges in the LFG system where undergeared players are SUPPOSED to go. Undoubtedly high level players working on their upgraded tier will need the badges, forcing them to go to these heroics. I actually like it though, the "pug roulette". I am just saying, we are the people out of place, not the "Average" geared player.

Another thing is that I have nothing in common with the people who are getting carried. These people haven't even done a hardmode in Ulduar, how are we suppose to relate? I don't want to associate with them on my server, why would I associate them in the LFG? All I'm there for is to carry them and I do not like it.

The LFG system needs to be segregated.
    Hai, have a membership card from KKK too?

The current LFG system will try to balance groups so that there is one player with high GS, one player with low GS and 3 at average. And yes, it means wannabe elitist pricks will usually have somebody in quest blues in the group. Take it as an free time to learn how to be a productive member of the society instead of sprouting intolerant bullshit that will get you banned from the game. Actually, I don't care, better if people are openly asshats and can be reported & banned, will clean up some trash from the game.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    But what is your gear score/class? I do about 4k+ in heroics as a DK, lots of 219, and 232 pieces, that means if I was sitting in 251+ gear I would be doing similar damage I guess.
    The thing is, you don't really need to do more than 3-4k to kill things in heroics...hell, if all 3 DPS are doing 2-2.5k, average, you can get through most encounters really easily.

If I am killing trash in H UP (my most recent heroic), and the last mob is up with 30% health, do I really need to squeeze in the extra AB before my AM? Chances are it will die before I even get the cast off anyway. This lowers DPS, but did it increase the difficulty? Not in the least.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

No one likes to carry : /

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68
    The thing is, you don't really need to do more than 3-4k to kill things in heroics...hell, if all 3 DPS are doing 2-2.5k, average, you can get through most encounters really easily.

If I am killing trash in H UP (my most recent heroic), and the last mob is up with 30% health, do I really need to squeeze in the extra AB before my AM? Chances are it will die before I even get the cast off anyway. This lowers DPS, but did it increase the difficulty? Not in the least.
    Well I guess, in raids I am pulling like 6k easily buffed in my low gear. Your right sometimes shit does die too fast with all my howling blasts, I am probably the reason I never see anyone getting that high of dps.

I don't have an alt.

So what you're saying is that you are expecting to be carried? If you have an alt with crap gear, you want him to be put into a group with people who are pulling 6k dps so you can get free badges? Or would you rather just be put into a group with other alts?

I would like to hear your answer on this.
    No, i don't expect to be carried. The problem is you are looking at this thing backwards. Completely. The problem is you are looking for the to change the way the tool was intended. You are the reason why its random and anonymous until you enter the instance. You are the reason there is a timer. But seriously, save the 2 frost badges from the daily, you have absolutely no place in a heroic. YOU are over geared, people with greens and blues (perfectly acceptable for most heroics) are actually in the right place.

On a side note I actually just geared a new alt using the tool (wow-heroes gs from 900 to 2500's) in a week or so and it works wonderfully and no one complained about my gear because i know how to not be a dumbass. People start out doing 1k dps or so and its more than adequate.