So what do you guys think?

So i've been simming for a little bit now and having my max DPS in current gear showing ~7300. In game however since trying to implement FN into my rotation it seems like im having trouble breaking 6300-6400 on fights like saurafang. I've been using the rotation suggested on forums of course for awhile compensating slightly based on the implementation of FN+ToA, but just can't seem to hit anywhere near those numbers. Was really wondering how you guys are mixing in FN exactly in your roations I see WWS reports of shamans pulling 7500+ in gear not alot better than mine so maybe I've skewed my rotation trying to alter it myself? Despite upgrades to much of my gear it seems as if my DPS is staying about the same and I can't figure out why exactly.

Note: I am not asking for anyone to help me with my simming/etc I would simply like to see how others are changing up their priority queues via the new totem+FN or if anyone can suggest something I may keep an eye out for that may be lowering my dps

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...h&n=Shamberger

rotation I'm using currently is: FS/FE on boss > MW5 LB > FS > MT > ES=SS > SS > ES > FN > LL > shields > refresh totems

Re: So what do you guys think?

Looks like your priorities are straight from what I remember (unf. I don't get a chance to run Enhance much.) Could it perchance be a latency or even a reaction time issue?

10+ Year Old Account

One thing I can say is save FE for when hero is poped. Reducing the number of non damage gcd's blown during a BL/hero is going to be a damage increase. So remove FE on bos or FE in general and do it manually.

When he says Dwarves (assuming you are alliance, I do not know the horde dialog) pop a speed pot. Double pot trick is fun.

I do not have ToA yet, but I believe it is off of SS right? I start the fight with FS being my first ability. Two reasons. One I dont stand in and bosses immediate swing and kick my ass zone before the tanks have agro, I'm at range. from there I start whatever SAA tells me to do. Usually wolves, then SS. After that my priority (even with ToA) would probably be...

SW > SR > SS_0 > MW5_LB > MT > FS > ES> SS > LS > LL_QE > FN > LL

Note: If you try to sim this, it will be inferior to:

SW > SR > SS_0 > MW5_LB > FE > MT > FS > ES> SS > LS > LL_QE > FN > LL

The first list does not have FE in the list because it is manually used with hero. (which reminds me I need to request that it be allowed to be done in the sim)
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

My latency is usually really good, my comp is not the best but it does its job fine. I do, however, fret alot during very common situations such as....SS has 1.5sec left on CD and LL/FN have 1sec left. I start thinking to myself do I hit LL/FN(whichever is going to be up) or do i wait another half sec for SS? things of that nature and I believe this tends to throw my whole rotation off as sometimes I seem to be like 1 button behind if I screw up to much to quick. Even if I recover quickly not sure how much sucha blunder would truely skew my dmg. I have hit 7k dps before and done the rotation near flawlessly but I haven't been able to reproduce such results :-[

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrazr
    My latency is usually really good, my comp is not the best but it does its job fine. I do, however, fret alot during very common situations such as....SS has 1.5sec left on CD and LL/FN have 1sec left. I start thinking to myself do I hit LL/FN(whichever is going to be up) or do i wait another half sec for SS? things of that nature and I believe this tends to throw my whole rotation off as sometimes I seem to be like 1 button behind if I screw up to much to quick. Even if I recover quickly not sure how much sucha blunder would truely skew my dmg. I have hit 7k dps before and done the rotation near flawlessly but I haven't been able to reproduce such results :-[
    Simple rule of thumb. DON'T EVER WAIT. Its NOT a rotation its a priority queue you use the MAXIMUM damage ability available the INSTANT you have a GCD available. DO NOT WAIT.

If you are sitting around waiting for fractions of a second you are dramatically lowering your dps. Ideally you want to be pressing the button for your next ability to use 0.25 seconds BEFORE its available. If you do that then its added to the queue and will happen with ZERO lag the instant its available. If you can learn to use the next ability in this fashion you have zero wait time between abilities and will effectively eliminate lag.

It is perhaps a little known thing that Blizzard have a spell queue system so that if you use an ability within 0.25 seconds of the GCD finishing then it gets added to the spell queue and is used the instant the GCD finishes. NB. You can only queue up one spell at a time. If you maintain a spell always in the queue you never have any downtime between GCDs. This is often what distinguishes good players from great players.

If you are using ShockAndAwe priorities frame and want to learn to use this then some people have reported its easier to learn by upping the CD warning time to 0.5 seconds. This gives you time to react between seeing the icon and pressing the appropriate button. As you get better move the time back towards the 0.25 sec default as too much warning means you press the button before the 0.25 second queue window and will get the "not ready yet" error.

Guess I need to be more vicious when hitting buttons cus I usually try and react when i see the icon AND the cooldown is up I will try this as soon as I get on later. Thanks for the input those who responded

Three quick points:

1) The sim automatically checks off every buff you can reasonably expect to have in a 25 man raid, perfectly set up. Its likely you don't have every single one of those? If you have manually set the buffs to what you have, nice job

2) Yes, double pot trick ftw.

3) Save FE for heroism so you dont use any GCD on non-damage abilities? Seems backward to me. I find that during hero I am way ahead of my ability CDs and often have free GCDs to burn. Generally speaking, I have time to (more than is necessary) refresh my MT, LS, and other totems during heroism that I normally don't have. Nevermind that you should be popping it when available, as Levva said.

Also, thanks for pointing out the spell queue. I had no idea there was a mechanic like that built in. I'm very excited to go hit the dummy this afternoon

10+ Year Old Account

On your point number 3, Levva did say pop them when they aer avilable. This is due to uptime. Your fire elemental is going to come out once the entire fight. Unless we have some epice 11-15 minute fight, so it's uptime is not going to change. I do understand what you are saying about extra gcds being available, but the thing is, the FE removes the MT being used at all. So you never have to worry about it crossing abilities.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by Astryx
    On your point number 3, Levva did say pop them when they aer avilable. This is due to uptime. Your fire elemental is going to come out once the entire fight. Unless we have some epice 11-15 minute fight, so it's uptime is not going to change. I do understand what you are saying about extra gcds being available, but the thing is, the FE removes the MT being used at all. So you never have to worry about it crossing abilities.
    I understand, but IMO the "uncluttering" of the rotation, if you will, is significantly more valuable when you do not have the huge hero/bl buff. When I am in heroism, I have plenty of extra GCDs to re-drop my magma (and generally drop it every 10-15 seconds, more than necessary, because I can).

When I have no heroism buff (or speed pot or haste trinket used), my GCDs are much more valuable, as I generally do have some damage abilities off CD (available to be used) for some time (usually LL, or FN on single target). That's when I want my FE out so I don't "waste" a GCD on MT for 2 mins.

Why do you want FE out during heroism? Do you really find you don't have enough GCDs during heroism to keep all your damage dealing abilities on CD?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcM85
    I understand, but IMO the "uncluttering" of the rotation, if you will, is significantly more valuable when you do not have the huge hero/bl buff. When I am in heroism, I have plenty of extra GCDs to re-drop my magma (and generally drop it every 10-15 seconds, more than necessary, because I can).

When I have no heroism buff (or speed pot or haste trinket used), my GCDs are much more valuable, as I generally do have some damage abilities off CD (available to be used) for some time (usually LL, or FN on single target). That's when I want my FE out so I don't "waste" a GCD on MT for 2 mins.

Why do you want FE out during heroism? Do you really find you don't have enough GCDs during heroism to keep all your damage dealing abilities on CD?
    Uh what? Enhancement Shaman have LESS free GCDs during Bloodlust because we're proccing MW5 far faster due to the large amount of haste. That's why people like to drop the fire ele during lust, it frees up enough GCDs to still do everything else we need to be doing.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trellen/simple (Enhancement PvE)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/alamo/simple (Boomkin/Guardian, PvE)

No, I'm not the real Alamo, just a guy who liked his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Omen
    Uh what? Enhancement Shaman have LESS free GCDs during Bloodlust because we're proccing MW5 far faster due to the large amount of haste. That's why people like to drop the fire ele during lust, it frees up enough GCDs to still do everything else we need to be doing.
    /second

I find myself barely having enough time to keep getting SS, LL and ES/FS in before MW5 is up again during heroism. Being able to throw down the FE totem and not worry about nova is a godsend imho.

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Yea same MrFlamy is droped just before heroism

as i to fined myself with barely enough time to fit everything in

Deleted

I'm just going to start off by guessing that you're not using the two-hander I see in your armory page atm for raiding. First, you're over the expertise cap and you still have axp gems and +15 exp on your gloves. Skip that, saw the correct weapons now and the exp value is fine (forgot the fact that as an orc you got +exp from that axe).

Your boots enchant is minor run speed increase, even if it's not a dps increase you could still get the +15 sta one or better yet the +6 agi one if you don't want to switch enchants for fights like Deathbringer where you don't have to move. Your hit isn't capped for situations where you don't have shadow priest or a moonkin, so if your guild doesn't have one that actively raids you better get that fixed, or in general I personally tend to tick all the raid buffs in enhsim, which in some cases isn't true and can make the enhsim dps differ quite drastically from actual dps.

When I start off the fight I usually stand 10ish yards away from the boss, wait for 1 second after the encounter starts, then FS, pop wolves/trinkets/other cooldowns while running towards the boss, in 1 global I'm close enough to SS, then drop totems with elemental already selected as the fire totem not to waste an extra global, then SR with the 2 piece bonus and by that time 5 sunders are up a resto or an elemental shaman will pop BL. During that time dps ranges from about 10k-11k. After the BL is over the boss is at about 50% and the cd on my SR is just about done so I can keep my dps up just a bit longer. It does drop to about 8k-9k by the end of the fight and for the last couple of millions of hp I can use all the cooldowns again and BL myself for the wolves. Depending on how good your healers are you might want to use BL right in the start aswell, but I've heard it gets rather tough to heal by the end.

I'd also like to add that imo you chose the wrong relic. Not only do I have a haste value of over 2 (that of course is entirely individual) and actually the ap gain from this relic isn't even exactly 2 times higher then the haste gain from elemental relic, but also it takes 24 seconds to get the full effect of this relic (and that only when you ignore priorities and use SS right when it's off cd) and only 15 to stack the other one. This can only be refreshed from melee range, whereas the other one can be refreshed from 20 yards away. And also the buff from this relic only lasts for 15 seconds, the other one lasts 30, which makes the fact that it can be refreshed only in melee range even more frustruating. Of course in the given situation the range and buff duration factors are trivial, the stacking time is still about 9 seconds higher.

Yeah the axe I just picked up for fun with numbers when I'm bored. The relic I'm using however gets 2 stacks per stormstrike the tooltip is somewhat misleading as you actually get 1 stack for each weapon that hits the target. Since I'm special capped for melee my stormstrike gives me 2 stacks right off the bat and nothing personal but before I invest in the elemental totem which seemed like a great idea last time around to, I will wait until we have enough numbers to verify with 100% that the enh totem is worse for enh than the ele totem. On a side note spamming buttons till I get carpultunel(yes bad spelling) to keep the GCD queue full is working fantastic for me. Was hitting 6800+ on single target with no buffs in tests but after saurfang my wrist may burn >.<

Deleted

Oh, in that case the stacking time is pretty much the same. Though I'm still not planning on getting the repic before I have everything else for emblems since they might change it like the did with the Quaking Earth one. With a 30 sec buff duration it can actually be a viable option, until then however I'd still choose the elemental one.

Quote Originally Posted by Astryx
    One thing I can say is save FE for when hero is poped. Reducing the number of non damage gcd's blown during a BL/hero is going to be a damage increase. So remove FE on bos or FE in general and do it manually.
    I approve of this 100%, each fight will be different for when you pop hero/lust but try to time your Fire ele to be up the whole time and during hero/lust. With the added haste you'll find yourself using maelstrom more often so having 3-4 extra GCD during lust/hero can be very beneficial.